Just a rumor, But it sure has me a bit Amped!

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/41826-three-way-deal-brewing-between-clippers-nuggets-and-knicks

There is no proof that a discussion is going on between The Knicks and The Clips, but rumor has it that Marcus wants out of LA, and The Knicks want Marcus, The Clips want Zach, and The Nuggets, want expiring contracts

End result

The Clips get Zach

The Nuggets get Steph and Lee

The Knicks get AI and Camby

I can't stress enough how this is just a reporters "hunch" and there is no validity to this claim as of now, but the deals do fit what each team wants!

I know the likely hood of this deal going down just like this is as likely as Isiah getting another GM or coaching gig, but it sure as hell is fun to imagine!

jzero29

Rotation player
I'd be intrigued

SOunds interesting, I love ditching zach, I like campby and AI is AI. It would really change face of knicks, but might f us in long run with 2010 although I think we are on the outside looking in anyway with 2010.
p.s. AI in a suns like offense!!! Crazy! not to mention Camby is a perfect fit. athletic and able to run.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Interesting

Just read this, it is interesting and if this guy is right then Iverson is a guy fit for a NY atmosphere he'd take full advantage of it. He has said he wants to stay and finish his career in Denver but who really wants to play bbal in Denver when you have the Big Apple looking at you? Camby is injury prone so i hope coming to the Knicks again wouldnt spark injuries left and right but AI is gold. Getting Camby, AI, and another second rounder...i'd do it. The question is if this would hurt salary cap when 2010 comes along.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Just read this, it is interesting and if this guy is right then Iverson is a guy fit for a NY atmosphere he'd take full advantage of it. He has said he wants to stay and finish his career in Denver but who really wants to play bbal in Denver when you have the Big Apple looking at you? Camby is injury prone so i hope coming to the Knicks again wouldnt spark injuries left and right but AI is gold. Getting Camby, AI, and another second rounder...i'd do it. The question is if this would hurt salary cap when 2010 comes along.

No it wouldnt affect the cap at all! AI's contract comes off the books after next season as does Camby. So essentially this would make us a playoff team for Walsh's two year spending hiatus.

Again it is important to note that this exact scenerio is highly unlikely, but if nothing else it would appear that we could see a Camby for Zach deal

Paul1355

All Star
Nice

No it wouldnt affect the cap at all! AI's contract comes off the books after next season as does Camby. So essentially this would make us a playoff team for Walsh's two year spending hiatus.

Again it is important to note that this exact scenerio is highly unlikely, but if nothing else it would appear that we could see a Camby for Zach deal

if it doesnt affect the cap i like it....good stuff, new new york.

jzero29

Rotation player
Has to be pipe dream.

It actually would help our cap then, if we ditch zach salary, for camby and AI, they come of the books before 2010, in which we would have had zachs salary, now we'll have no one involved in trade. It would be awesome.
Sounds ridiculous to me, how could they, do that????

jzero29

Rotation player
I'm excited, now

The loss of lee would hurt if he is involved, but still, I'd take camby for lee, it's pretty even, camby is better but lee is younger. AI for marbs, great, and Zach would be gone!!! NICE!!!!!!! if there was a second rounder involved even better, but not needed. I would miss lee though, but it would be crowded with galinari, lee, camby and chandler.

Well if it goes through, wich actually the talent level and salary level is pretty even, doesn't sound as far fetched to me.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yo don't get me pumped, this would be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! Get expiring contracts, obtain 2 legitimate studs, and shed salary, what!! That's to good to be true!

metrocard

Legend
Iverson exires.
Camby expires in 2010.

Metrocard approves.

We should also try to get Mosley and Thomas's contracts...they expire in 2010.

We got Curry and Crawford who match their contracts...let James retire and buy out Jefferies.

We'll be under the cap.

1 - Duhon
2 - Iverson
3 - Chandler
4 - Gallinari
5 - Camby

I don't know if this source is legit tho.

Paul1355

All Star
Iverson exires.
Camby expires in 2010.

Metrocard approves.

We should also try to get Mosley and Thomas's contracts...they expire in 2010.

We got Curry and Crawford who match their contracts...let James retire and buy out Jefferies.

We'll be under the cap.

1 - Duhon
2 - Iverson
3 - Chandler
4 - Gallinari
5 - Camby

I don't know if this source is legit tho.

Even though i have argued with you about starting Gallo at PF, if we trade Zach and Lee than Gallo would have to be the PF solution...wouldnt we get any other forwards in this deal? someone said Tim Thomas, i'd make him the starting PF so that we dont rush Gallo.

Paul1355

All Star
Gallinari can play PF.

He may not be a great rebounder, but in D'Antoni's offense he'll play Diaw's role.

If this deal goes down i just dont see Mike D starting Gallo right from the beginning I think he'd put Campy at PF and Curry at Center so you'd take the double teams of Curry.
Marbury
Iverson
Chandler
Camby
Curry

metrocard

Legend
Curry can't start on this team.
D'Antoni runs a full tempo offense.
Gallinari will most likely start if he has a good preseason.
Similar to how Diaw did in his first time in Phoneix.
Gallinari isn't really a rookie, he's been a pro for a while.

Paul, if we get AI/Camby, Marbury won't be on the team.
That lineup is invalid.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
^^^
Co-sign

Curry is lazy; he plays no defense, and he has no effort on the boards. If the Knicks really were to make this trade, they need to start Wilson Chandler, David Lee, and Marcus Camby for their frontcourt. And if Gallinari plays well, I would insert him at the small forward spot and move Chandler to the shooting guard spot. Forget Curry.
Lazy people shouldn't be entitled to anything. Like I said before, if Curry averaged 13 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1.5 blocks, and 1.5 turnovers, I would respect him more than if he averaged 20 points, 5 rebounds, .5 assists, .5 blocks, and 3 turnovers. Any lazy and fat center could post a lot of points due to inflated playing time. It takes a real center to rebound and block some shots.

Curry doesn't even belong on the bench. He should be put on the inactive list.

Paul1355

All Star
Curry can't start on this team.
D'Antoni runs a full tempo offense.
Gallinari will most likely start if he has a good preseason.
Similar to how Diaw did in his first time in Phoneix.
Gallinari isn't really a rookie, he's been a pro for a while.

Paul, if we get AI/Camby, Marbury won't be on the team.
That lineup is invalid.

I guess Curry shouldn't start but it gives us a big front court, having a Camby at PF and Curry at C combo could work as an alternative. I forgot about the Marbury part...we would need as you said to possibly pick up Tim Thomas' contract cuz then we'd have no PF except Gallo. If we get Thomas in there....then it's a choice between Thomas and Gallinari...i am still against starting him right away even with his history of being in the Euro league. I think the first day of the season Thomas should be the starting PF and if Thomas isnt on the team then Gallo is the only solution. And Thomas can get injured often so Gallo would eventually start.
Duhon/Nate/Roberson
Iverson/Crawford
Chandler/Q Rich/Gallo
Thomas/Gallo/Jeffries
Camby/Curry/Jeffries

Without Thomas...i'd go with your lineup metro.

metrocard

Legend
I guess Curry shouldn't start but it gives us a big front court, having a Camby at PF and Curry at C combo could work as an alternative. I forgot about the Marbury part...we would need as you said to possibly pick up Tim Thomas' contract cuz then we'd have no PF except Gallo. If we get Thomas in there....then it's a choice between Thomas and Gallinari...i am still against starting him right away even with his history of being in the Euro league. I think the first day of the season Thomas should be the starting PF and if Thomas isnt on the team then Gallo is the only solution. And Thomas can get injured often so Gallo would eventually start.
Duhon/Nate/Roberson
Iverson/Crawford
Chandler/Q Rich/Gallo
Thomas/Gallo/Jeffries
Camby/Curry/Jeffries

Without Thomas...i'd go with your lineup metro.

Bro.

Tim Thomas?
Do you remember the terror Tim Thomas did when he was a Knick?
Starting him again would be a slap in the face to our franchise.
He'll only be used as cap relief...and a shooter off the bench.

Crawford also would be traded in this deal I believe.