Just a rumor, But it sure has me a bit Amped!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
OOPS just read the article again, and I guess David isnt mentioned, but you still get the jist of the move!

Actually they do get Lee in this scenario. So the Knicks will loose:
Randolph, Lee and Marbury and get Camby and AI in return. You are "stoked" about this trade?? If this trade was exactly the same but minus Lee, I would be excited. But, to give up Lee and Crawford only to get back Marcus Camby (who is on his last leg) isn't something to write home about; in my opinion.
Loosing Randolph will only give the Knicks 1 year of saving (Randolph as 3 years left and Camby has 2) but they will loose a prolific scorer and rebounder. Yes his contract is ridiculous but he can put up some great numbers. You will loose Lee, a young and upcoming 4 with some much potential as well as their best trade chip. AI is the same type of player as Marbury so I don't see the advantage.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind having Camby on the team I just feel we would be over paying for him and that would be business as usual for the Knicks.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
y do i feel like Curry is gonna stick 2 new york for another year dont know y but i think d antoni thinks he could be the shaq of phoenix >< lol well i doubt there gonna make much effort to trade him...Zach were gonna try so hard 2 trade him but no one is gonna take him >< and jamal they see talent in him -_- i cant help but feel like were gonna have the same ol dam team >< doubt much is gonna change well nothing big...lets hope im wrong...and as for as AI and Camby coming to new york EH AI like i dont know i always felt he ball hogged sometimes and he would only pass like once in awhile but give a nice ass assist...and Camby...aww man ill go to knicks games sit in the 3rd row and hope for a ball come fly my way from Cambys block ^_^

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok so we all know this is far from a crediable source, so lets look at some facts

1. Camby has never expressed any disinterest in playing for the Clippers, so the notion of him forcing a trade to NY is not at all an option
2. Camby was the Clippers 2nd option after Brand bolted
3. Zach was the first option for Clips after Brand left
4. Donnie Walsh did inquire about the availability of Marcus Camby this summer
5. Kaman needs Zach, like Eddy needs Camby. Kaman is a secondary low post option type player, he will thrive with a scoring threat at the PF position, and we all know that a defensive monster like Camby covers a lot (still not all) of Eddy's shortcomings on D

On paper the Clips and the Knicks need one another. I'd be lying if I said Zach would make the Clippers a playoff team for sure, but he probably would go back to 20+ a game whille still grabbing 10 rebs, accompany that with Kamans for sure 12 and 11 and you have a solid frontline with BD and Gordon in the backcourt, they are atleast in the run for the playoffs in a tough conference.
The Knicks are not a lock either for post season but for sure will be a much more compettitve team, plus for the first time in forever will be taking on a smaller contract, as well as a player with trade value. We get the defender we have been missing since...well Marcus Camby got traded!

Makes sense for both clubs, I imagine David Lee or a the very least Nate will have to be thrown into the trade to help The Clippers cope with the risk involved with taken Zach. I think in that instance the Knicks could ask for a protected first rounder, but I honestly would pull the trigger on the deal with or without the first round pick.

I guess we are just going to wait to see if this deal comes to fruition, or is just this years version of the Artest flirtation

Paul1355

All Star
Bro.

Tim Thomas?
Do you remember the terror Tim Thomas did when he was a Knick?
Starting him again would be a slap in the face to our franchise.
He'll only be used as cap relief...and a shooter off the bench.

Crawford also would be traded in this deal I believe.

I just dont feel Gallo should start from Game 1...give him some time and then if he proves good enough off the bench, let him start.

metrocard

Legend
I just dont feel Gallo should start from Game 1...give him some time and then if he proves good enough off the bench, let him start.

WHY?

Its not like we're competing for the playoffs anyway.

Theres no reason to bench Gallo, we should give him all the confidence in the world.

If he plays poorly as a starter, bench him.
Its simple.

Paul1355

All Star
WHY?

Its not like we're competing for the playoffs anyway.

Theres no reason to bench Gallo, we should give him all the confidence in the world.

If he plays poorly as a starter, bench him.
Its simple.

His physical body is the still the question mark, i know u said he plays good physically in Europe but the summer league was an example of possibly starting him...a back injury. So im still shaky on starting at PF i think he needs some time to develope some strength like Donnie Walsh keeps sayin.

metrocard

Legend
His physical body is the still the question mark, i know u said he plays good physically in Europe but the summer league was an example of possibly starting him...a back injury. So im still shaky on starting at PF i think he needs some time to develope some strength like Donnie Walsh keeps sayin.

Thats bs.

Gallinari is 6"10 220 lbs.

He doesn't need to be a physical beast in a soft league like the NBA.
Gallinari played more physical basketball in Europe where they bump and grind(no homo) 80's NBA style basketball.

LMAO, the summer league is a better example than Euroleague?
Gallinari played one summer league game and the Knicks didn't want to risk overusing him since Gallinari is going to be in Europe this summer playing for your country Italy.

CoolClyde

Ai + Camby = Good Idea

I haven't heard many negatives regarding this rumor, maybe if enough folks endorse it, the trade will magically happen.
This is the type of thinking that would change the Knicks for the better. However, is AI > Starbury + Nate (OR) Camby > Zach + Lee? Not sure about these equations, I'd like to keep Nate and/or Lee, they can easily be part of a winning Knick TEAM.
But all bets are off the table when it comes to getting a superstar hot shooter like AI, or a BADLY-needed DEE-fensive presence like Camby. Both are stars, both still have legs, and both would be welcomed to New York City with open arms.
DO IT DONNIE!

Now that I think aout it. The only hope we have for this trade goig down is if one of the3 gms just hapens to stumble acrossthe article online, reads the details of the trade, and likes it enough he actualy goes and cal up the other two gms and links them to the sight for trade details...

In other words chances of his happening are slim to none!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This trade sounds too good to be true. But if it is SWEET!!!
I always wanted to see A.I. in a Knicks uniform. Denver is screwed in any case. they ****ed them selves when they signed Martin years back.

The most possible situation is a Camby deal to the Knicks for Randolph. That really works for both teams. Forget all the Randolph hate bullshit. He's a beast that doesn't fit into our system, but can in the Clippers'. This alone would be worth while, Iverson would be icing.

Paul1355

All Star
Thats bs.

Gallinari is 6"10 220 lbs.

He doesn't need to be a physical beast in a soft league like the NBA.
Gallinari played more physical basketball in Europe where they bump and grind(no homo) 80's NBA style basketball.

LMAO, the summer league is a better example than Euroleague?
Gallinari played one summer league game and the Knicks didn't want to risk overusing him since Gallinari is going to be in Europe this summer playing for your country Italy.

you've watched him in some summer league games right? does he really play that physical? cuz i cant see a really physical ball player gettin hurt that fast.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
im not tryin to say anything negative of the gallo since we really didnt see much of em but him being 6'10 and weight only 220, dat scares me a lot cuz crawford weighs 200 i believe

metrocard

Legend
you've watched him in some summer league games right? does he really play that physical? cuz i cant see a really physical ball player gettin hurt that fast.

?????

Shaq gets hurt a lot too, that means he isn't physical?

@ datruth, Gallinari is 19.

Crawford is 27, it took him a decade to get to 200 which is probably BS. He's been around 170-180 most of his life.

They don't do weight training in Europe, Gallinari being 220 is a GREAT thing, it shows with his great frame he could add a lot of bulk with proper training.