Marbury & Dannio News Updates

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
lets see.. Malik Rose, Quentin Richardson, o crap I'm out of names.. wait, does D'Antoni play?

okay, mike d'antoni talked to the whole team on there feelings on marbury and the result of it is, marbury burried in the bench....last season after the plane incident, the team voted to have marbury suspended and isiah went against the teams decision and decided to play em and resulted wit a whole bunch of L's

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^wasn't there a few games he didnt play, and im talking about after or before his fathers passing....He should still play, he would've been the difference maker against the Bucks we could 5-1 now....but no point to say would've, could've, should've...he's still the best we got

kevin_405

Rookie
You dont realize that if Marbury was playing others would not be as motivated as they are now.. i see desire in the current team.. all because Step has been benched..

^wasn't there a few games he didnt play, and im talking about after or before his fathers passing....He should still play, he would've been the difference maker against the Bucks we could 5-1 now....but no point to say would've, could've, should've...he's still the best we got

jimkcchief88

All Star
ive had a buldging disc and ive still got a slightly collapsed disc in my spine. Its not nice and i doubt we will see Galla for a while.
Its incredible how hurting ur back affects everything in ur body. Hopefully this doesnt become a constant problem for him

I am not a doctor, but none of this sounds good. Guys have back problems at the end of thier careers, not the beginning. Every night I watch other first rounders from Mayo to Rose light it up, and then their is Gallo. I just don't think the kids body at 6'10" and 200 nothin' will be able to withstand the NBA pounding and 82 game schedule. I think it was a big mistake to spend the 6th pick of the draft on a guy like this. One season in D-1 would have told us this, but instead we spend the 6th pick on a 6'10" shooting guard hiding in the the Euroleagues. You would have thought we learned our lesson passing on Ron Artest for Fredric Weiss. And they say affirmative action is dead....

Paul1355

All Star
Now ESPN is reporting Gallo needs season ending back surgery. Can you say "wasted pick."

ESPN is full of shyt. It is not season ending and if you believe that, then im surprised. If you saw the play he got right back up as if it was nothing, that is not season ending. He is not with it right now. Mike D said that he isn't ready either physically or mentally. He is too nervous as we saw the few minutes he played he was missing easy open shots which isn't like Gallinari. He is nervous, maybe not in the best shape, can learn a thing or two about the intensity and energy in the NBA, and etc. I feel he should get some minutes but Mike D feels othersiwse.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
it might be a season ending surgery as written in the times[Danilo Gallinari’s back troubles have flared up again, casting doubt on his rookie season. Gallinari stayed in New York to have a magnetic resonance imaging test. Results were not immediately available. “His back just flared up again,” Mike D’Antoni said. “He was making progress, and then one morning he said he couldn’t put his pants on.” Team officials are hopeful that Gallinari can avoid surgery, but they cannot rule it out. “I’m worried about it at this point,” D’Antoni said]..what a waste of a pick i knew we shoulda taken Lopez or Augustin.they both ballin right now....but i still got hope in Gallo ill hold off my judgement on him till he's healthy and actually plays alot of minutes...but so far he's a bust.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55384/20081112/could_gallinaris_season_be_over/

TunerAddict

Starter
Doesn't matter. Not like he was the difference in us being a title contender or not. His upside is huge and its 5 years from now that we should care about, not his rookie season on a team that probably won't be .500

We are looking to the future. Was Oden a bust because he missed his rookie season?

richtree

Rotation player
I think the Knicks should let us here at KO -- draft the pick next year

so Mikey D don't f0ok it up

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Doesn't matter. Not like he was the difference in us being a title contender or not. His upside is huge and its 5 years from now that we should care about, not his rookie season on a team that probably won't be .500

We are looking to the future. Was Oden a bust because he missed his rookie season?

i agree with you im not judging him yet but all i said i was against us drafting him cause we had more needs but so far it isn't paying off.....and Oden probably will be a beast but so far drafting him over Durant isnt looking so good....but ill hold judgement

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I wonder why Metro hasn't weighed in on this Gallinari saga given that he's been so high on him. Personally, I liked the pick on draft night because it looked like he had the skill and mindset to compliment what the Knicks really needed this year.

But back injuries can end or severly limit careers and I'm getting really worried now. I was really anxious to see him play while in shape, but if he can't he can't. It's not like we are battling for a playoff spot and are a serious contender, but this is really taking a lot of the joy out of the season to not at least see what we have here.

I guess all we can do is hope for the best.

Personally though, if the choice is muddling through like this all year and hoping he can make it back or getting a surgery that will end the year and really fix the problem, I vote for surgery. This could be a career long issue if not handled properly. We don't need that kind of shit with a #6 pick that was supposed to be a serious part of the future of the team. Fix the damn problem and move on!!!!! This year is a joke anyway. We'll get another good pick and then start fresh with two next year.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Different type of injury entirely. Again I am not a doctor, but bad back at 19 years old is not a good sign for any athelete. I remember Larry Bird laying on the floor in between being in the game at the end of his career because of his back. You know mid 30's, not 19. Pat had trouble with his knees, but not at 19. Even Oden having foot trouble to me doesn't sound as serious as a bulging disk. I know bust is a strong word, but any draft pick is measured against his draft class. Danillo will have a lot of work to do. I still say "bust" and "wasted pick" until further notice.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Different type of injury entirely. Again I am not a doctor, but bad back at 19 years old is not a good sign for any athelete. I remember Larry Bird laying on the floor in between being in the game at the end of his career because of his back. You know mid 30's, not 19. Pat had trouble with his knees, but not at 19. Even Oden having foot trouble to me doesn't sound as serious as a bulging disk. I know bust is a strong word, but any draft pick is measured against his draft class. Danillo will have a lot of work to do. I still say "bust" and "wasted pick" until further notice.

exactly, i dont even think there's a cure for back injuries, said it b4 and i'll say it again, gallinari was not the right pick

metrocard

Legend
You guys are so eager, misinformed and really need to chill.

Gallinari will be productive once he gets his conditioning to the NBA level.

Paul1355

All Star
You guys are so eager, misinformed and really need to chill.

Gallinari will be productive once he gets his conditioning to the NBA level.

co sign

This guy wasn't picked 6th overall and rated the top interntional prospect for nothing.

Knick players said that when he comes back that Gallinari will have the best shot on the team....that will help us tremendously with the amount of outside shots we take.

TunerAddict

Starter
co sign

This guy wasn't picked 6th overall and rated the top interntional prospect for nothing.

Knick players said that when he comes back that Gallinari will have the best shot on the team....that will help us tremendously with the amount of outside shots we take.

Yep. Just watch any interview with a Knick. Whenever they bring Danilo up you can see their eyes light up. They know what kinda player this kid is, they see it day in and day out. You can see by how their eyes light up at the mention of his name that this kid is special.