Why Do I Feel Like These Fools Are Trying Hard Not To Pass Gallo The Ball?

he was open a couple of times and they just seem to ignore him.
at times he looks really odd doing some of the strange things he's done,
but its starting to get pretty obvious that they are trying not to get him the ball.
he hits a couple of those shots, and we could win that game;
hell kobe had 61, and they won by 9.
the lakers played one of their best games, while the knicks didn't;
and the score was relatively close when you consider how pau played aswell.

oh an if kobe was a knick, he'd average 50 a game.

TunerAddict

Starter
It always seemed to me like they were excluding him too...

Prolly just the fact that he is a rookie and they don't trust him, everyone thinks they are better than him. Just like any other time ppl play basketball with people they don't know or who are new. No trust so they ballhog it.

Axe

Rookie
The kid scores a good amount of points for the limited minutes he plays. I could see him averaging 18-20 points a game as a starter. He could be our Tony Kukoc in 2010. :mrgreen:

Anyway, back to the main point. If he keeps hitting his shots, they need to keep passing him the ball. You gotta feed the hot hand.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Ball Distribution

Only Duhon passes the ball other than out of necessity. Gallo does not appear to be paired with Duhon too often. N8 keeps the ball for himself much too much. Harrington always looks to shoot and, though perhaps to a lesser extent, so do Q-Rich and Thomas. Lee is on the receiving end of pick and rolls and is usually on the perimeter when he makes a pass. But Gallo does not do too much moving without the ball.

Having said all that I agree that Gallo should be getting more shots. I do not believe he has yet been able to get into a rhythm.

Although it might be somewhat accidental, the Knicks are well into positive scoring when Gallo is on the court.

Axe

Rookie
He is a bit static on the court. It may have something to do with the back pain. Either way that's something the coaches need to work with him on.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Everybody should be aware that he is a rookie and that you gotta earn those shots. You have to earn the respect of your peers before you can start getting the ball more. No matter how good you are.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i kinda see that too. As he gets the experience and caught up in the game he'll be fine, and ready to step up for now he just needs to fit in till he's accustomed. but i do agree he needs the ball more he could do good things with it(no homo)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I disagree. Gallinari isn't getting that many shot attempts, because he's not getting a lot of minutes. You can't average 10 shot attempts per game, if you are hardly getting any playing time. I have noticed that Harrington hardly passes him the ball, but that's just because Harrington has poor shot selection and decision making. It's just a part of his game. Hence, the reason why he only averages 1 assist per game, on the season. Harrington's been playing well, though, so I don't blame him for not passing the ball.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I honestly think its just in your heads!! The reason I say that is b/c when a fan becomes a favorite of a certin player you feel that he isn't getting the ball enough when in fact he is.You guys and me really is rooting for this kid to do well in the NBA.He is quickly becoming a one of the fans favorite and I think he is getting plenty of shots with the few minutes that he is playing.

Kiyaman

Legend
Only Duhon passes the ball other than out of necessity. Gallo does not appear to be paired with Duhon too often. N8 keeps the ball for himself much too much. Harrington always looks to shoot and, though perhaps to a lesser extent, so do Q-Rich and Thomas. Lee is on the receiving end of pick and rolls and is usually on the perimeter when he makes a pass. But Gallo does not do too much moving without the ball.

Having said all that I agree that Gallo should be getting more shots. I do not believe he has yet been able to get into a rhythm.

Although it might be somewhat accidental, the Knicks are well into positive scoring when Gallo is on the court.

When Gallo, Chandler, and Nate are on the court those 3-players do the majority of scoring b/c Duhon & Lee are on the bench. I watch those 3-bench players freeze-out Harrington, Jefferies, and Q.Rich....yet let Tim Thomas in on the offense before them.
Once Duhon is put back on the court....Lee comes in with him having Chandler & Gallo still on the court....and thats when u see the offense is Duhon, Lee, and Harrington.

I been watching every minute of our bench-players (Nate, Chandler, Gallo, and Tim) minutes of playingtime since I been screaming to let Wilson Chandler come off the bench with Nate Robinson.

This is why I say paying Lee $10M and Nate $8M is a cheap-cheap Steal b/c of their chemistry and Jellin with the players we know that will be apart of the 2010-11 season (Chandler, Gallo, Duhon, and whomever we pick in 2009 we want to perform with the same type of chemistry and team jellin).
The Knicks would have a better chance at pulling the "RIGHT" 2010 FA with a 40+ cast of players rather than a little over $30M to get two FA or handing Lebron James an offersheet of $25M.
The $10M Lee is asking for is cheap compared to the expectations of what Bosh, Amare, and Dirk will be asking for.

The trading of Curry and Jefferies is not as difficult as fans may claim it to be. I still say, "Project Curry" only needs a Bigman Trainer which will also payoff bigtime for "Project Gallo".

I honestly think its just in your heads!! The reason I say that is b/c when a fan becomes a favorite of a certin player you feel that he isn't getting the ball enough when in fact he is.You guys and me really is rooting for this kid to do well in the NBA.He is quickly becoming a one of the fans favorite and I think he is getting plenty of shots with the few minutes that he is playing.
not really.he isn't on the court all that often, and it's not even about him getting more shots.it's about them not giving him the ball when he's open.
there's been plenty of instances in every game I've seen him in.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
_______√ictory_______;82709 said:
not really.he isn't on the court all that often, and it's not even about him getting more shots.it's about them not giving him the ball when he's open.
there's been plenty of instances in every game I've seen him in.

I did see what you was talking about one time and thats when Nate was out of control taking on three guys driving to the rim.When he was driving Gallo was wide open on the side for the shot but never got the ball.Thats the only time that I seen it happen thow.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
The guy shouldn't be getting a lot of shots, when all he seems to be able to do is shoot wide open threes and "drive" inside to draw fouls, break his back or fail (most of the time). Until the Knicks can develop his mid-range and post-up game, run some plays for him, etc., what do you want him to do, jack up threes all night? He's also a bit of a defensive liability, which was obvious in the way the Lakers used him, the other night.

He might turn out to be a good player, but, as of now, you look at Brook Lopez, which me, and a bunch of other people wanted us to draft, and the Nets got the best out of this whole thing.

If we had Lopez, for our Cavs game, we would have won, because Lopez can intimidate penetration by guards. This is what we're missing, a true big man. Look at how the Cavs and Lakers abused our front court, with Ilgausaks and Gasol, we're just too small up front, and Isiah's recommendation, for a Gallinari signing: a very expensive one, for a rookie, and one that was disrespectful: Gallinari demanding NJ or NY, or else, should have been ignored.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Gallo should shoot more if his team says that he is the best shot on the team. Mike D and Donie Wlash always talk about his best ability being his shot and we need good shooting right now so why are bums like Jeffires and Q Rich still throwing up more buckets than Gallo??? That is something that has to stop now.

Only bench players that should be shooting are Nate, Gallinari, Chandler, Thomas and Roberson(if he actually gets minutes)

metrocard

Legend
Yea...I think D'Antoni is getting the point now...he just wanted to babyspoon feed Gallinari minutes...now Gallinari is getting used to playing...he got his first 20 minutes logged in a game...so expect more PT and shot attempts from the Big Cock...he's definitely a bright spot in our future.