New York Knicks @ Charlotte Bobcats 12/15/2009

CoolClyde

8-man rotation sucks

the Knicks were dead in the 4th quarter and played like sh*t most of the game. what we needed in the final quarter was someone who could drive to the hoop, get past the offense and score... someone like N8 Robinson, still benched by Mr. Pringles power trip. someone like Tony Douglas, who's racking up DNP's for what?

Knicks would have been blown out if not for Jarred Jeffries, how often do you say that? Hughes, Harrington, Chandler and Poo-hon sucked big time, very few drives to the hoop all game, a total absence of the pick-n-roll by DLEE and Poo-hon, brick after brick and no defensive rebounds in crunch time.

The 8-man rotation is breaking down, the Knicks were weak-ass losers in the 4Q, tired and unable to provide spark. Larry Brown used his bench, and his players had energy for offensive rebounds when it counted, that's why we lost.:2cents:

Play N8, Play Douglas, Play Hill, Play Darko!

knicklogo_anibrick.gif

smokes

Huge Member
the Knicks were dead in the 4th quarter and played like sh*t most of the game. what we needed in the final quarter was someone who could drive to the hoop, get past the offense and score... someone like N8 Robinson, still benched by Mr. Pringles power trip. someone like Tony Douglas, who's racking up DNP's for what?

Knicks would have been blown out if not for Jarred Jeffries, how often do you say that? Hughes, Harrington, Chandler and Poo-hon sucked big time, very few drives to the hoop all game, a total absence of the pick-n-roll by DLEE and Poo-hon, brick after brick and no defensive rebounds in crunch time.

The 8-man rotation is breaking down, the Knicks were weak-ass losers in the 4Q, tired and unable to provide spark. Larry Brown used his bench, and his players had energy for offensive rebounds when it counted, that's why we lost.:2cents:

Play N8, Play Douglas, Play Hill, Play Darko!

knicklogo_anibrick.gif

Actually I don't think the offense was our real problem although it was the obvious thing that we failed at to keep the game close in the final minutes.

However the game turned on its head when Jefferies fouled out, also that was really a 50-50 call and very harsh to get ejected on the back of that "foul".

Jefferies has stepped up to be the vocal defensive leader on this team, it's not so much his personal stats (although they were good last night) but his leadership that forces his team mates to step up on the defensive end.

Had we not lacked that leadership we would not have allowed the easy final layups of 6 foot Felton where he strolled straight past our perimeter defenders and dropped in consecutive easy buckets over 6 foot 9 Lee who barely raised a hand.

What I will say however, is that Nate is a 4th quarter scoring spark we could use in that situation AND our perimeter defenders did nothing to stop the Bobcats late game rally, if we had Nate in the game we could have potentially matched them bucket for bucket and kept ourselves in the game.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Yeah having Nate in late 4th quarter might have made a difference. He could have done what JR Smith does for Denver. I was hoping Dantoni called his number but no dice.

There were several reasons why the game got away but one big problem was magnified at the end which is that LEE IS A HORRIBLE DEFENDER. This is nothing new and we all know this but the way he allowed Felton to get all the way to the basket without even a foul or shot alteration is crazy.

Lee works harder at pick and rolls than playing defense. Seriously, this dude will try to run a pick and roll with whoever has the ball. One of the reasons he was so inneffective late in the game was because CHA took the pick and roll away from him.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i think this is his 4th year...

ehh w.e same thing hes been useless for a while, hopefully he keeps playing well, so that we can trade him. id take any expiring contract for him. maybe we can get nelson to fall in love with him and include anthony randolph in a deal? i know im talkin outta my ass now, but you neva kno with those warriors