Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..

Toons

is the Bo$$
such an angry fan.

not angry at all. I think he needs to be worked in bro. they are doing a good job, the job is just not done yet. IMO
Moz still tries to do a bit too much at times, which is a good sign, he just needs to focus and hone that hunger to make intellegent plays consistenly.
Im on team Mozgov, but im not up for throwing dice while we fight to stay above .500. I agree with kiyah, on teams that are small, we give him 15-20 mins per.

skisloper

Starter
not angry at all. I think he needs to be worked in bro. they are doing a good job, the job is just not done yet. IMO
Moz still tries to do a bit too much at times, which is a good sign, he just needs to focus and hone that hunger to make intellegent plays consistenly.
Im on team Mozgov, but im not up for throwing dice while we fight to stay above .500. I agree with kiyah, on teams that are small, we give him 15-20 mins per.

I do not think you can pick and choose teams that he plays against.
You need 9 guys that will get into a rythym together...

I agree that a player needs to know if he will have solid playing time. So picking and choosing different 9 man rotations is not a way to coach...

Who sits ?

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya- you claim Detroit had no big men...

Well game 1 of the season we played Toronto, who also has no big men and Mozgov stunk. We played Philly not long after and Mozgov got 0 rebounds, they have no good bigmen either.

Are you suggesting the coaching hasn't had Mozgov improve at least from a rebounding perspective since the start of the season?

The first game of the season who would u start at center next to Amare?
A) Euro-league Rookie Mozgov
B) Raw AR
C) Turiaf who averaged 20 minutes under coach Phil Jackson for 3 years.

Did u watch Mozgov in the Fiba games?
thats what he showed last night.

u know as well as I that Mozgov was not ready or prepared to go against
NBA starters. Oldman Shaq would have a 20 point first quarter on Mozgov.
Boston have a nice center name Hadgandy (or somethin like that) who coach
Doc only give playingtime to vs bench centers and mediocre teams.
The important thing is how Boston coach Doc developed C-Erden with
playingtime this season vs mediocre teams.

KBlack25

Starter
Cut it out.... Amare is the $100M dollar man, he practice where he want to, when he want to, and with who he want to. After the Knicks first 26 games Amare complained of soreness so practice became a healing process, or u didnt notice the 9-12 record since then.

Interesting Kiya, I didn't know you attended practice on a daily basis to see exactly what goes down. How exactly does Amar'e express that he doesn't want to practice anymore? Does anyone get mad? How come the NY newspapers haven't reported his willingness to sit out of practice?

Also, how did you gain access to the practice facility, and why are you posting on this website instead of being there right now?

KBlack25

Starter
B) Raw AR

There's more than one way to skin a cat...from the looks of yesterday it looks like D'Antoni, while keeping this team above .500, has, with Mozgov's enthusiasm, helped the kid actually develop. Now he looks more ready, he rebounded much better yesterday than he did early on...

D'Antoni made a mistake early starting Mozgov...and he corrected it. Coaches make mistakes, people make mistakes...the best they can do is fix them. But I suppose you are perfect Kiyaman?

Toons

is the Bo$$
Amare is the first one in the practice gym and the last to leave kiyah....in the amare leadership posts his practice habbits are there. i think youre mixing amare and kobe up.

skisloper

Starter
B) Raw AR

We all would love that Luxury of developing players...blwoing out teams getting other guys in...we are NOT the celtics...come on....

Toons

is the Bo$$
I do not think you can pick and choose teams that he plays against.
You need 9 guys that will get into a rythym together...

I agree that a player needs to know if he will have solid playing time. So picking and choosing different 9 man rotations is not a way to coach...

Who sits ?

in a game as such, you have to sit turiaf. what do u think?

Toons

is the Bo$$
B) Raw AR

erden got playing time while perkins, shaq, JO, and KG were all injured.

p0nder

Starter
I said this in previous posts that Moz and AR had to play well in practice and prove themselves on the floor when they got their minutes. Nothing is given to you in the NBA and we want these rookies/youngsters to feel like they are acomplishing these feats on their own merits. They got the chance to shine and the rolled with it. Good for them.

Mozgov did so well that D'ant is willing to give him more playing time. AR probably will get more chances now as well. This is exactly as you want it to go. sure an amazing start to the season for moz would of been nice, but i'll be very happy if going into the playoffs he can provide significant minutes at the C. I expect that he'll contiue to play well with the odd game/plays being brutal to watch (ala. blake griffin showtime)

Everything is not black and white, TMoz is not Landry Fields. Moz had the whole language barrier to overcome early in the season. You cant just up and say what workds for fields will work for mozgov. Dont forget, Moz didnt get the AR treatment. Moz started many games for us, he had big minutes, inbetween minutes, small minutes and no minutes. So its not like he didnt get a fair shot at getting real playing time.

Dont be a bonehead....learn your coach and your team. Dantoni has a sick humor when it comes to the media. If you didnt find the joke in his comment, maybe you should watch some interviews. When i read what coach said, all i could think of is ''you sly devil you''

So you agree that Fields is much better than at the beginning of the year. Thats a start. As far as Moz getting some burn it may not have helped as quickly as it has for Fields, but you gotta admit it would have helped more than sitting on the bench. You're right Moz isnt Fields, but they're both basketball players. Playing time helps any ballplayer gain experience and confidence.

I understand Mike D was joking at that time. Partly. Before the game he said once everyone is healthy he'd go back to HIS lineup. So if Moz gets a respectable 10 pts 8 boards he's back to the bench.

Instead of me learning MDA I think you need to look at what he does with less bias.

If they play then who comes out of the rotation ?
we cannot have 11 players....
assume Bill Walker is out then we still have 10.
Now Coach wont play 10 its not his style and he is Boss...

turiaf out ? Douglas ? Williams ?

Dantoni will probably open the rotation after he saw this performance from the Knicks last night every player except Roger Mason and Andy Rautins saw the floor and all contributed in their minutes.

I think 10 man rotation is a great number for this team it allows a real second unit like we saw in the 2nd quarter. This way STAT and Felton will be well rested come playoff time.

I

now that i have replied to some bogus and not so bugus posts....

Continue to limit his minutes coach. I support the movement. When the team gets healthy, reduce his minutes again. Let him lear EFFICIENCY. Let him learn that 5-8 fg and 8-10 ft = 20 pts. Let him watch film....strap him to a chair like robot chicken and play hours and hours of basketball so he can erase the euroball from him mind. Keep working with him. He is still not ready.

I asked another poster this and didnt get a reply. What isnt Moz ready for exactly?

I doubt you'll have an answer either...

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ Kblack post,
At the end of the day, we are all ignorant on much of this. The facts to base analysis off of are what they are.

I swear, some would rather satisfy a bizarre psychological dependency to feel like an imperious critic and rebel, than actually watch basketball and enjoy n root for their team. Crippling their ability to analyze a basic truism from the ground up.

It's armchair quarterback w an absurd level of megalomania mixed in.

Never seen fans turn on their team n its players like to Gallo and D'ant. Even Lee, partially putting out a muzzle bc of an all-star selection, had a conspicuous amount of vehement criticism n bile spewed at him. Despite being home grown n a quality guy who hustled.

It will be there same for Gallo when he's getting all-star considerations. And D'ant regardless of success. Kneecapped every step of way, and each progressive success met w a new arbitrary moving of the goalpost.

So you agree that Fields is much better than at the beginning of the year. Thats a start. As far as Moz getting some burn it may not have helped as quickly as it has for Fields, but you gotta admit it would have helped more than sitting on the bench. You're right Moz isnt Fields, but they're both basketball players. Playing time helps any ballplayer gain experience and confidence.

I understand Mike D was joking at that time. Partly. Before the game he said once everyone is healthy he'd go back to HIS lineup. So if Moz gets a respectable 10 pts 8 boards he's back to the bench.

Instead of me learning MDA I think you need to look at what he does with less bias.

You're just making assumptions, no one on here knew Moz was going to go out and pull 23 and 14 shit when he missed his first 4fg I thought Dant was going to pull him put he let him play even with 2 fouls on him.

How would it have helped to throw and inexperienced player on the court and hope he comes through?
Why do you keep trying to compare him to Fields when Fields had a 4-year college career and played great in the Summer League?
Did you forget that before Fields excellent play in the Summer League there was talk of Wilson to start at Sg again?

iSaYughh

Starter
I asked another poster this and didnt get a reply. What isnt Moz ready for exactly?

The same thing most inexperienced rookie projects are, dude. Especially bigmen w a uniqu n vast skill set. Court time is needed. Like a fighter needing to spar hard. But you **** a guy up n retard overall progress if they are doing more floundering about, vs true learning under fire. Mistakes n all. Just like last nite. Even when Moz started slow, he looked confident. Not like a wounded r wild deer in a hummer's headlights.

Weve basically locked up a playoff birth, developed core guys tested the waters, and now have the emerging 7footer we've been craving looking to bloom at a great time. Home grown, no costly trade needed.

That looks like a masterful plan coming together.

Kiyaman

Legend
If they play then who comes out of the rotation ?
we cannot have 11 players....
assume Bill Walker is out then we still have 10.
Now Coach wont play 10 its not his style and he is Boss...

turiaf out ? Douglas ? Williams ?

I can see now, u dont understand a 82 game season...... u dont give your PG 35+ minutes per game. u dont give your Star Bigman 35+ minutes without any strong-arm help (Patrick Ewing demanded a trade when his strong-arm help Oakley was traded).

Walker is a raw SG that belongs in the guard rotation, which is 4 guards.
Shawn Williams is a raw SF u give playingtime to for injury or foul trouble
Amare/Turiaf/Mozgov/and AR are rebounders that belong in a bigman
rotation, which is 3 bigmen, or 4 depending on foul trouble.
Chandler & Gallo are SF.... they are not centers/PF/or SG
When Dantoni arrived in New York he didnt know the Knicks already had
a decent 30 minute young SF-Chandler in the mix b/c coach Isiah DNP
Chandler his rookie season.
Conflict at the SF position Chandler vs Gallo

You're just making assumptions, no one on here knew Moz was going to go out and pull 23 and 14 shit when he missed his first 4fg I thought Dant was going to pull him put he let him play even with 2 fouls on him.

How would it have helped to throw and inexperienced player on the court and hope he comes through?
Why do you keep trying to compare him to Fields when Fields had a 4-year college career and played great in the Summer League?
Did you forget that before Fields excellent play in the Summer League there was talk of Wilson to start at Sg again?

MDA also said he was going back to his starters when healthy in a pregame interview. It took Moz to have a phenomenal game to even be considered for the rotation. So it really blows the theory that MDA waited until Moz was more ready OUT OF THE WATER. He had no confidence in this kid going into the game. He was ready to bench him again before the game started.

How exactly am I making assumptions? Fields is a much better player than he was earlier in the year because HE GETS TO PLAY. I'm not saying Moz would be as efficient as Fields is or on Field's level, but he'd be a much better player if HE GOT TO PLAY. He'd be more experienced and more confident.

Its just like driving a car. The more you do it the more experince and confidence you gain.

I can see now, u dont understand a 82 game season...... u dont give your PG 35+ minutes per game. u dont give your Star Bigman 35+ minutes without any strong-arm help (Patrick Ewing demanded a trade when his strong-arm help Oakley was traded).

Walker is a raw SG that belongs in the guard rotation, which is 4 guards.
Shawn Williams is a raw SF u give playingtime to for injury or foul trouble
Amare/Turiaf/Mozgov/and AR are rebounders that belong in a bigman
rotation, which is 3 bigmen, or 4 depending on foul trouble.
Chandler & Gallo are SF.... they are not centers/PF/or SG
When Dantoni arrived in New York he didnt know the Knicks already had
a decent 30 minute young SF-Chandler in the mix b/c coach Isiah DNP
Chandler his rookie season.

Conflict at the SF position Chandler vs Gallo

What did Dantoni's arrival in New York have to do with Chandler and Gallo?
Walsh makes all the moves upstairs to help put this team in a position to win, obviously he felt Gallo would be a great compliment to our team at SF even though we had Chandler.

It has always been Dantoni's style to play his Pg's the most minutes he can get out of them. Who else do you think should handle the Pg position when Raymond is out, Douglas? We have a shortage of ball handlers and playmakers at the guard position. Haven't you noticed Donnie is looking for a BACK UP PG.

Who else did you expect Dantoni to play when we had no real bench and our raw players needed to be developed?
Did you want to see Mozgov at the beginning of the season dropping passes?
Or maybe AR shooting on 2on1 fast breaks and making bonehead passes?
Oh,Wait we did see that and went a whopping 3-8 or did you forget?

Maybe, just maybe these young guys got great coaching in practice and are know ready to help lift some of the duties off our starters.

Toons

is the Bo$$

to become a starter. He makes rookie mistakes, which is all well n good. thats what rookies do. what has he done to definitively make you believe that he is prepared for the full grind of the nba? He is still raw.