Mozgov should be getting consistent minutes..

Kiyaman

Legend
I am a big fan of Herb Williams....but have u ever wondered why is not a starting coach ?

Are you really at this point still believing Gallo should not be starting on this Knicks squad ?

Do you beleive with another coach we be better then we are today ?

HELL YEAH.....to all that

Herb Williams could do twice as better with this Knick team than Damnphony
could ever do. Herb Williams wouldve had Eddie Curry traded a year or two
ago, plus Herb wouldve never put Gallo on some high pedestal (Marbury),
he wouldve treated Gallo equal to have a better relationship with his
teammates on and off the court. Gallo wouldve been developed better
knowing he is only going to get playingtime in 3 quarters of each game
off the bench.

P.S. Dont sleep on assistant headcoach Herb Williams, he been the
Knicks assistant coach under the Knicks last 5 coaches.
Plus a player coach under JVG.

mafra

Legend
Slow down.... Detroit is a small-ball no-defense lottery team. Mozgov is still
raw to the real NBA b/c a bum coach only gave him developing-playingtime
in 13 games out of the 48 games this season.
When I cut off the TV there was only 3 minutes left in the game, Felton only
had 3 assist when I cut off the game and none was to Mozgov. Ben Gordon
was scoring 3-balls all over Felton when I cut off the the game.

To be fair to coach, we have NO CLUE what happened in practice before the season began.

alg_knicks_mozgov.jpg

"He showed things today that we know he can do because he does it every day in practice," Danilo Gallinari said.

"He got a break today and he was unbelievable," said D'Antoni, who added that Mozgov will play Wednesday against Dallas. "We always liked him. That's why he started this year. We thought he had that potential."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...toudemire_danilo_gallinari_in_knicks_124.html

Reports claim THE MOZ looked good. If he was a lottery pick, we would probably be OK with him starting. He outplayed Greg Monroe last night. After Favors & Cousins, Mozogv would have been the next BIG selected if he entered the draft.

D'antoni was looking to keep Amar'e at PF, and compliment STAT with a real big, who would handle the dirty work and free Amar'e up... Turiaf was coming off an injury and was "unkown" (so to speak), Jordan was a long way off... what were the options? Curry?

AGAIN, in practice Mozgov flashed the talents that got coaches/scouts excited. BUT, when he got thrown in the fire and found himself in an actual NBA game... He proved to be a 21 yr-old kid who played in Russia last year... DEER IN HEADLIGHTS. It's to be expected.

We bash coach for not playing the kids, and when he takes a leap of faith... we bash him. It worked with Fields, not so much with MOZGOV.

But credit to coach and MOZ for working and plugging along.

I think we all know now, after last night, that THE MOZ was looking like THAT in scrimmages and practice. That was why HE EARNED his starting spot.

iSaYughh

Starter
Kiya- you claim Detroit had no big men...

Well game 1 of the season we played Toronto, who also has no big men and Mozgov stunk. We played Philly not long after and Mozgov got 0 rebounds, they have no good bigmen either.

Are you suggesting the coaching hasn't had Mozgov improve at least from a rebounding perspective since the start of the season?

DET has big men too...They are all sf's to the leauge, according to Kiya and his minions.

Villenueva? 6'11 230

Monroe? 6'11 250

Wilcox? 6'10 240

Very confused people will have very confused perceptions of reality. Of themselves, first and foremost.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Practice helps some. No where near as much as playing an actual game. The intensity level is so much different. Plus playing in a game you get to learn your opponents at a much faster rate. Moz would be much further along if he was given 10-15 minutes a game. Just looking at Fields development from earlier in the season shows you this.

Whats funny is it took a game like this to open MDA's eyes. He actually said 23 & 14 I think I'll try it again. If the kid had gone for a respectable 10 points 8 rebounds he would be back on the bench.

Everything is not black and white, TMoz is not Landry Fields. Moz had the whole language barrier to overcome early in the season. You cant just up and say what workds for fields will work for mozgov. Dont forget, Moz didnt get the AR treatment. Moz started many games for us, he had big minutes, inbetween minutes, small minutes and no minutes. So its not like he didnt get a fair shot at getting real playing time.

Dont be a bonehead....learn your coach and your team. Dantoni has a sick humor when it comes to the media. If you didnt find the joke in his comment, maybe you should watch some interviews. When i read what coach said, all i could think of is ''you sly devil you''

Toons

is the Bo$$
Too bad it takes our guys getting injured to get them into the rotation. The main reason we won tonight was because of our bigs... Well that and Gallo and Stat played well. I wonder how many more games we could have won this season if O'Antoni actually gave them a chance to prove themselves. Those rebounds they provided we're crucial... Especially against teams that kill us in the post with their bigs. Not to mention that we need to give Stat a break, he's not going to hold up long playing all these minutes. WAKE UP O'ANTONI AND GIVE OUR BIGS MINUTES!!!

Do you take a cake out of the oven before it is ready?

KBlack25

Starter
Everything is not black and white, TMoz is not Landry Fields. Moz had the whole language barrier to overcome early in the season. You cant just up and say what workds for fields will work for mozgov. Dont forget, Moz didnt get the AR treatment. Moz started many games for us, he had big minutes, inbetween minutes, small minutes and no minutes. So its not like he didnt get a fair shot at getting real playing time.

Dont be a bonehead....learn your coach and your team. Dantoni has a sick humor when it comes to the media. If you didnt find the joke in his comment, maybe you should watch some interviews. When i read what coach said, all i could think of is ''you sly devil you''

LMFAO @ people thinking D'Antoni's comment was serious, that he was "thinking" about giving him a shot. D'Antoni jokes with the media all the time, this was CLEARLY facetious.

skisloper

Starter

off the bench.

everyday you make the same foolish arguement about gallo....Yet you ignore the fact that every game Gallo is getting better and better...He is finding his role and now starting to get into a rythym...

why is it that every move D'Antonio makes u find a reason why its wrong...

was Coach a genious for starting Fields ?

Now if Fields hits a wall I am sure you will be all over that....

were u the same with isiah Thomas as coach ? Larry brown as coach ?

just amazes me that we are right now the 6th seed. We are seeing we have some depth on the bench....

we know U hate D'antonio....and your decisions are better...its like a little kid./

Toons

is the Bo$$
Couldn`t agree with you more Red. It`s certainly down to the coach that those you listed haven`t and aren`t getting a fair chance. People on this forum will argue but the simple fact is that all of those players you mentioned have one thing in common. They are all bigs. You don`t see other players playing other positions not getting a fair shake. So it`s obvious that no D-Toni has something against playing bigs. When Mozgov and Randolph signed everyone was excited because we had two incredibly talented young players who, with confidence and experience could become really top qulaity players for us. Does anyone really believe that Donnie Walsh would continually draft,trade or sign bigs during the past couple of years that are not good enough to play for us ??? Of course not.

The problem is no D-Toni and his stupid problem with playing bigs who can defend, rebound and block shots. All he wants is five shooters and no D.

so why uisnt anyone crying for roger mason and andy rautins? we have had bad 3point shooting nights and no one cares how coach has 3 point gunners on the bench. if rautins and mason outplayed williams and douglas, they would be on the floor. Same as when PEJ got outplayed....simple talent over position.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I don't get the complaining at all in any way, shape or form.

Mozgov was GIVEN the chance to start early in the year, and we lost games. He didn't perform, had too many bad fouls, couldn't rebound.

He was taken out of the rotation, he apparently worked hard with the COACHES, and made it back in the rotation. Anyone who says he isn't being coached right is, quite simply, a 2-bit low-IQ unadulterated moron. That, or they simply hate D'Antoni no matter what...D'Antoni could cure cancer and some people on this board would complain he didn't also cure AIDS.

Mozgov didn't all of a sudden pull the ability to play defense and procure rebounds as well as he did last night right out of thin air. He worked with the coaches (as reported by Alan Hahn) who actually did a good job in training a big man on how to play at an NBA level. The raw talent was there, the high-level NBA ability at the start of the year was not. The coaches helped Mozgov, who took initiative to work hard and learn (look back at the games where Mozgov didn't play...first off the bench during timeout, always in the huddle, compared to a seemingly-disinterested Anthony Randolph). Kudos to the D'Antoni staff and to Mozgov for BOTH working hard to develop this kid into what could be a decent NBA-level Center.

well composed post. +1

Toons

is the Bo$$
u make no sense.
Mozgov performance lastnight on both sides of the court were on instint.
how many assist did Felton get from hitting Mozgov downlow? none
Did Mozgov start in the Fiba games? NO! why? because he is best as a
reserve bigman to rebound/screen/blockshots/and give fouls in the middle
of the game. Mozgov was NEW to the NBA rules and players...... only a
fool would start Mozgov in the NBA. Plus the fool already had a rookie
in the starting lineup name Landry Fields.

The Knicks had a 1-11 start lastseason for putting Gallo in the starting lineup.
What did u expect when u seen a Knick starting lineup of Amare & Felton
with rookie Fields/2nd season Gallo/and rookie Mozgov? LOL
In the Knicks 3-8 start, 2 of those wins came from bench-players Toney
Douglas & Wilson Chandler outstanding performance vs Raptors & Bulls.
The 8 losses had nothing to do with Mozgov or AR performance, it took
Felton the first 15 games and 60 something turnovers just to get the
pick n roll right with Amare. Or did u forget Felton did not practice with
any Knick player in the offseason.

Mozgov & AR are young raw bigmen-rebounders u give plenty of playingtime
to vs the mediocre NBA teams to develope their role with their teammates.
The Eastern Conference have alot of mediocre teams these two bigmen
shouldve average at least 16 minutes per game against:
Detroit/Wizards/Cavs/Pacers/76ers/Raptors/Bucks

gallo had a wrist injury early on Kyiah.....thats like john wall with a bum ankle, or the old vince with bad knees. a shooter needs his shooting wrist....
gallo was a soldier and played through it.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Co-signed!

And, I'll take a page from your book, why address these blind fans who have no clue what is going on?

Too obvious. Good for us we found a big(s) that could help us right on the bench, too bad it was due to injury NOT THEIR DEVELOPMENT.

And... confidence is 99% of the game. Like they said they're young, coach has to figure out how to instill confidence and reduce the worry of making mistakes. Then we can actually see how they fit in.

i respect the other side of the arguement, Kyiah is bringing facts, but K, we are not BLAMING moz for the bad start, well, IM NOT, im just saying, he got a chance....that arguement can be valid for antrando, but not mozgov.....was it not you that said he was playing moz all the minutes to save face for the contract he recieved fromt he coach? im not sure it was you, but there was some hateration on mozgov as well.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Co-signed!

And, I'll take a page from your book, why address these blind fans who have no clue what is going on?

Too obvious. Good for us we found a big(s) that could help us right on the bench, too bad it was due to injury NOT THEIR DEVELOPMENT.

And... confidence is 99% of the game. .

r u joking?? 99??

Toons

is the Bo$$
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

The Knicks played a mediocre Detroit Piston team that dont get back on
DEFENSE or even bother to play DEFENSE any more. Plus all their bigmen
are like big SF in the league except for Big Ben who did not play.

Last night Mozgov did not show any signs he been practicing to fit in this
so-call Damnphony-system, neither did AR.
u and others need to STOP all the BULLSHITTING justification for a bum
assistant coach Damnphony and staff.
I doubt like hell if Herb Williams even bother with this small-ball running
bullshit. Herb Williams has always been a half-court setting bigman.

What the hell game was u guys watching in the beginning of the season?
It damn sure wasnt Knick basketball.... Wilson Chandler shouldve been a
STARTER in every Knick game this season. using Mozgov raw performance
as an scape-goat to keep Gallo in the starting lineup does not pan out on
this side of the world.

we dont need signs, Amare said it himself, that he is displaying all the hard work he has put in with the coaching staff....

Toons

is the Bo$$

off the bench.

Trade curry 2 years ago? no one would have taken that fat slob and still pay him on an increasing salary.

Kiyaman

Legend
OMG IV BEEN SAYING THIS FOR AGES TO BATTLE THE IDIOTS WHO SAY DANTONI DOESNT PLAY RANDOLPH AND MOZGOV. Mozgov battles arguably the best pf in the NBA every practice. He learns from Amare. They have a coaching staff, they watch hours and hours of film. but no, some guys get sand in your vajayjay and want to throw him out there and lose games for the sake of SEEING a change whenever we lose. We are not in the practice gym. we are only fans. I love the patience of our staff. This is a lesson to our bench....STAY READY.

Excuse me! excuse me!
the Knicks been in need of rebounding help all season.
How many times 3 or 4 players together receive 40 minutes this season?
Mozgov & AR are bigmen rebounders. Giving them some playingtime in the
2nd quarter to rebound with teammates is a start to their development as a
player on the team.

Cut it out.... Amare is the $100M dollar man, he practice where he want to, when he want to, and with who he want to. After the Knicks first 26 games Amare complained of soreness so practice became a healing process, or u didnt notice the 9-12 record since then.

richtree

Rotation player
Gallo has been played great of late, dunking and getting to the line.

If he can stay healthy and develop his body he will be a great 3 man for years in this league. Next year is the key season for Gallo, hopefully he is still here.

Now Timmy is a different story. He plays with energy but it is often misguided. He played a great game against Detroit but their bigs are not good at all.

Mozgov needs to become stronger and a threat on defense. Early this season he would seems foul too much and can't be counted on as a defender down the stretch, especially against good bigs. He is the only true "5" man on our team so he should get minutes and Roni contributes nothing to offense.

Mozgov needs to make a 8-10 ft shot consistency and defend at a higher level. If that is done he can get 8pts and 10bounds a game. We give up too many 2nd shots in the interior and Mozgov can help but the Knicks have to play good team defense.

Douglas has been getting more and more minutes and he seems to be a lost cause. It's obvious that Felton hit a wall due to playing so many mintues with Amare because of the need to keep our starters on the court.

I would like to see Randolph and Azibukee after the All-Star break with the 2nd unit more.

PS-- It's no coincidence once Chandler left the reefer alone he has become a legit force. Sadly, I think if any trade happens Chandler will be first to go.

PPS_- It will be very interesting to see who will be in our starting lineup next season

skisloper

Starter
Excuse me! excuse me!
the Knicks been in need of rebounding help all season.
How many times 3 or 4 players together receive 40 minutes this season?
Mozgov & AR are bigmen rebounders. Giving them some playingtime in the
2nd quarter to rebound with teammates is a start to their development as a
player on the team.

Cut it out.... Amare is the $100M dollar man, he practice where he want to, when he want to, and with who he want to. After the Knicks first 26 games Amare complained of soreness so practice became a healing process, or u didnt notice the 9-12 record since then.

If they play then who comes out of the rotation ?
we cannot have 11 players....
assume Bill Walker is out then we still have 10.
Now Coach wont play 10 its not his style and he is Boss...

turiaf out ? Douglas ? Williams ?

Toons

is the Bo$$
now that i have replied to some bogus and not so bugus posts....

Continue to limit his minutes coach. I support the movement. When the team gets healthy, reduce his minutes again. Let him lear EFFICIENCY. Let him learn that 5-8 fg and 8-10 ft = 20 pts. Let him watch film....strap him to a chair like robot chicken and play hours and hours of basketball so he can erase the euroball from him mind. Keep working with him. He is still not ready.

skisloper

Starter
now that i have replied to some bogus and not so bugus posts....

Continue to limit his minutes coach. I support the movement. When the team gets healthy, reduce his minutes again. Let him lear EFFICIENCY. Let him learn that 5-8 fg and 8-10 ft = 20 pts. Let him watch film....strap him to a chair like robot chicken and play hours and hours of basketball so he can erase the euroball from him mind. Keep working with him. He is still not ready.

such an angry fan.