Other NBA games and League

Broadway

All Star
Load management with 24-year-old KPsitting out the 2nd game of the back to back tonight after his good game against us last night. All you really need to be competitive is Doncic I suppose.

I feel bad for Donchiss at times. For all the lamenting we do over the #kporzee trade(which we did lose)...this kid(not even 21yrs old) literally has the carry the load every night cuhz #kporzee and THJR(our exes) are complete SOFF Stiffs

I?ve never liked either

Which is why I?m not positive an RJ and # kporzee combo would?ve worked. If you can?t consistently contribute with a kid who?s dropping 30/10 almost nightly then what does that say? He?s being paid like a SUPERSTAR!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
4 points! 1-11 shooting. Smart and BOS still in his head, huh?

To be fair to KP, he?s returning from a brutal injury. Look at Gordon Hayward in BOS. Next year is the season KP should be fully recovered and ready to go....

With that said, I do agree that KP was never going to work here. He is not a go-to franchise player. I have serious doubts he can play 70 games a season and be ready come playoffs. Plus, we would?ve had to pay him max money (for a roster far away from competing). We could?ve lost him for nothing, so at least we got something.

What bothers me is the fact that we are now like a small market baseball team. Even if we somehow find a halfway decent player, they leave and never sign a second contract with us.

Charlie Ward is the last first round draft pick to be signed to a second contract. That?s insane! Almost 1/4 a century!

I?m so perturbed that Millais has the nerve to sell to Dolan that we were reeling in big fish in free agency, then pivots when it doesn?t occur and states we had a successful summer, then blames Fiz after 10 days bc his crappy roster is 2-8.

There?s no accountability at the top.... so
Naturally nothing on the court. As above, so below!

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
For a fan base not cursed to watch Frank and DSJ run the point...

Trae Young hit 13-of-21 shots, 8-of-13 3-pointers and 8-of-11 free throws for a season-high 42 points, four rebounds, 11 assists, a block and six turnovers in Tuesday's impressive 125-121 win at Denver.
It's hard to describe how good Young was tonight if you didn't see the game, but he was bombing triples from all over the court, dishing out beautiful passes and taking the ball inside when necessary. He scored 14 points with four triples in the second quarter, when the Hawks took over the game, and then came through with 15 points in the fourth quarter, when they fought off a Nuggets run. The free throws and turnovers weren't great, but Young has the ability to keep the Hawks in every game they play - especially when his 30-foot 3-point attempts are falling like they were tonight.

Nets are lucky to have us in the same town, especially because no matter what we do, we are always the team people actually care about.

Nets fell to 4 - 6 last night. Kyrie and Dinwiddie continue to play well, but the rest of that team doesn?t look anywhere as good as it did last year so far. They let some important rotation players leave to make room for Kyrie, KD, and DJ.

tiger0330

Legend
For a fan base not cursed to watch Frank and DSJ run the point...

Trae Young hit 13-of-21 shots, 8-of-13 3-pointers and 8-of-11 free throws for a season-high 42 points, four rebounds, 11 assists, a block and six turnovers in Tuesday's impressive 125-121 win at Denver.
It's hard to describe how good Young was tonight if you didn't see the game, but he was bombing triples from all over the court, dishing out beautiful passes and taking the ball inside when necessary. He scored 14 points with four triples in the second quarter, when the Hawks took over the game, and then came through with 15 points in the fourth quarter, when they fought off a Nuggets run. The free throws and turnovers weren't great, but Young has the ability to keep the Hawks in every game they play - especially when his 30-foot 3-point attempts are falling like they were tonight.
The kid is ridiculous. Most guys try to sneak up to 3 pt line so they're able to take the shortest 3 they can take, he just looks for an opening where the defender gives him about 6 ft of space and he's taking it from 30 ft. I think all of his 3s were from 27-32 ft. his longest being one he took from the logo. Great playmaker as well, makes busts like Jabari look like stars, if we had a PG like that we wouldn't be 2-9.

First Hawk to score 30 points 10 assists in 3 straight games. He left Steve Smiths club record 9 threes in a game on the table though.

Last edited:
Caris LeVert continues to be snake bit. Reported ligament damage in his thumb this time. Nets reportedly going to sign free agent Iman Shumpert, who somehow is still only 29-years-old.

tiger0330

Legend
Caris LeVert continues to be snake bit. Reported ligament damage in his thumb this time. Nets reportedly going to sign free agent Iman Shumpert, who somehow is still only 29-years-old.
I said we were probably going to finish last in the Atlantic but perhaps could beat out a Nets team without Durant now what are the odds we can finish ahead of them without Durant and Lavert. With Fizdale gone maybe we could beat the Nets.

Really Fizdale deserves a lot of the blame for how this team is playing, why put in DSJ yesterday when he was playing badly and just coming back to the team. Read that Fizdale doesn't even want to send him down to the GLeague to see if he can break out of his slump down there. He's changed nothing about how the team plays, even with his job on the line.

mafra

Legend
I said we were probably going to finish last in the Atlantic but perhaps could beat out a Nets team without Durant now what are the odds we can finish ahead of them without Durant and Lavert. With Fizdale gone maybe we could beat the Nets.

Really Fizdale deserves a lot of the blame for how this team is playing, why put in DSJ yesterday when he was playing badly and just coming back to the team. Read that Fizdale doesn't even want to send him down to the GLeague to see if he can break out of his slump down there. He's changed nothing about how the team plays, even with his job on the line.

Watch Nets go like 35-47.... yet, somehow, end up winning draft lottery, or finishing second behind GSW for top 2 draft picks.

Kiyaman

Legend

Wow! no team picked up Iman Shumpert in the offseason .. The Kings were crazy last season trading Shumpert to the Rockets, who cleaned house in the offseason. The Kings were a tough team to beat last season having Shumpert in their rotation.

I thought the Boston Celtics would be the bottom team in the Atlantic Division in the 2019-20 season, but the summer USA Olympic team had 4 Celtics players in their rotation to get all 4 Celtic players on the same level of B.ball.
The 4-7 Nets 2nd half performance has let them down 7 out of 10 times so far .. Coach Kenny Atkinson has to come up with a better strategic defensive-plan in the 2nd half of every game to become a .500 team.
As for the Knicks winning more games than another NBA team in the 2019-20 season .. That's not happening until Fizdale is long gone.
KP statement last night to sports announcers of having 4 head-coaches in his 3 and half season as a Knick was 1 of the reason he left .. Says a lot bout the mismanagement Knick organization .. the Knicks front-office the past few years has been hiring the lowest level coaches in the NBA .. Fizdale's knicks record are 20-74 .. which mean Fizdale is another one of the low-level coaches the Knicks hired.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Langston Galloway with 32 points ... Gallinari and Paul toast the 76ers...

JA bests DMitch (and MEMPH now 5-7).

Celtics 10-1 without Kyrie.

mafra

Legend
L uka Doncic had it going on against the Spurs on Monday, scoring a career-high 42 points (14-of-27 FGs, 9-of-13 FTs) with 11 rebounds, 12 assists, five 3-pointers and 5 turnovers in 35 minutes.

Doncic joined some guy named LeBron James as the only players in NBA history to notch a 40-point triple-double before the age of 21. Doncic now has six triple-doubles on the season and has been close on a few other occasions. He's been scoring in a slew of ways, whether it's off the dribble, step-backs or getting to the line. Doncic is posting numbers rarely seen by someone his age and is on-pace for a historic sophomore campaign in Dallas.

tiger0330

Legend
Hey Mafra, never asked but are you a POR fan living in the state? Melo got the start tonight, is POR that desperate to start a guy that hasn't played an NBA game in over a year. That should be a short stay for Melo before the Blazers figure out he can't help them.

mafra

Legend
Melo with 10 points on 4-14 shooting (2-3 from downtown)

I root for them in playoffs... but I just moved out West in 2015. Haven?t even gone to a game yet... I watch a few games here and there.

Little has been solid, Whiteside makes them more interesting... Super Mario and Melo!

CA a lottery ticket. Need a reliable 3rd scorer, and with both bacK court and front court settled... maybe Melo or Hood help carry the scoring load for their super Gs.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Melo with 10 points on 4-14 shooting (2-3 from downtown)

I root for them in playoffs... but I just moved out West in 2015. Haven’t even gone to a game yet... I watch a few games here and there.

Little has been solid, Whiteside makes them more interesting... Super Mario and Melo!

CA a lottery ticket. Need a reliable 3rd scorer, and with both bacK court and front court settled... maybe Melo or Hood help carry the scoring load for their super Gs.
Pels beat 'em. Haven't watched any Blazers games this season with all the good teams in the WC but I'll watch a few now that Melo is there.

tiger0330

Legend
Pels beat 'em. Haven't watched any Blazers games this season with all the good teams in the WC but I'll watch a few now that Melo is there.
Saw the game. Surprised how well Melo played after not playing a game since Nov 8 ast year. He didn't labor or look tired, shows he's been working on his game diligently in his year long exile. Still think POR will eventually cut him since the criticism of him that he can't defend still exist, the guy just can't defend anyone and he's not really an elite 3 pt shooter.

Kiyaman

Legend
Saw the game. Surprised how well Melo played after not playing a game since Nov 8 ast year. He didn't labor or look tired, shows he's been working on his game diligently in his year long exile. Still think POR will eventually cut him since the criticism of him that he can't defend still exist, the guy just can't defend anyone and he's not really an elite 3 pt shooter.

Yeah .. they gonna cut em .. Melo still has the same SELFISH-performance he came to the league with.
I was expecting Melo's return to be more of a team-ball player on both sides of the court to shut all the negative rap bout him, in Melo's first game i was expecting Melo to get 3 or 4 Dimes hitting Whiteside & McCollum for easy baskets.