11/17/07: New York Knicks @ Denver Nuggets (9:00 PM)

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
JC needs to come off the bench. Plain and simple. He's a good scoring punch off the bench. But when he's cold...just sit back on the bench...it's that simple.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
JC needs to come off the bench. Plain and simple. He's a good scoring punch off the bench. But when he's cold...just sit back on the bench...it's that simple.

:agreed:

Exactly.

There's nothing wrong with some of the guys we have in starting positions right now. It's just that we can't win a championship with "3-4 "guys like that in the starting line up. Maybe 1 or 2.

Most real championship contenders have 3 all star quality players or 2 great players on the team. We have 1 all star quality guy (Randolph) and an almost all star quality guy (Curry) and then we fall off to competent with some weaknesses. If we could get a great player we could trade off some other solid pieces and still get over the top. If we could add another legit all star at one of the guard positions or at small forward we could also probably get over the top.

Some people don't seem to like Curry and Randolph, but I do.

I know Randolph and Curry have flaws, but to be honest, as long as Randolph stays out of trouble in NY I see no reason to not like this guy a real lot. He puts up some big numbers, plays his ass off, and is the one guy on the team that might be able to handle the pressure late in the game. I don't think his defense is all that bad either. Maybe he doesn't bring his "A" defensive effort every night, But I've seen some good efforts.

Curry is frustrating. IMO he has the talent to move to the all star level. He just doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly. He's still too soft. He was supposed to work on a short jumper in the off season. He was also supposed to come to camp in a little better shape. I see no sign of either. I think if he just lost some weight and lifted some weights he would move better, jump better, quicken up a little, perhaps defend a little better, and wouldn't lose much strength. It's a shame because he's already a good player, but I think he could be much better.