2010 Playoff Watch thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We need another 5 if we want to compete with 7-8 hopefuls. Ronnie is day to day and arthritis is a constant. There appears to be no available quick fix here, however.

That, or Randolph could do us a favour and get out of the potty.

mafra

Legend
Indy won games in MIA and LAK. Wake me when/if NYK even have one such glorious accomplishment this season. In other words, on top of BOS, ORL, MIA, ATL, MIL, CHI... now we have INDY ahead of us. That means there's room for 1 more team. AT LEAST we know have the advantage over CHA. Those were 2 huge wins.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
To the asshole who said the knicks have winning streaks like this every year...why don't u do your research and find out when the last time the knicks had a 5 game win streak..because I know and your sounding a little bitter...the knicks are showing signs this season that they haven't shown in the past eight seasons...go figure. Its been eight seasons since they last made the playoffs

Toons

is the Bo$$
tied with the orlando magic for the 4th spot in the east as of yesterday.

all those doubters
pay close attention

Toons

is the Bo$$
jan 8th. we beat the suns to get a 21-14 record and a 3 game win streak to carry into la to play the lakers.

we are 6th in the east, with a 6 game separation between the 6th and 7th spot in the east. our ideal spot would be 5th. that way we face 4th which would be either chicago or atlanta how it stands. lets go knicks!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Bump this sexy thread.

Split our last 10

10-8 at home

12-9 on the road

4-3 in our division

5 games ahead of Indiana in 7th

Should be .500 or over in next 10.

Awesome.

Am I the only one who takes every Knick loss very hard? I mean I just want to see this team in the playoffs so bad this post season. I just don't want them to slip in the standings at all.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
They wont. They're 5 games above Indiana, and that lead isn't going down. Unless Amar'e goes down with a season ender(knocks on wood, PLEASE DON'T LET THAT HAPPPEN!!!! ), we're making it to the playoffs.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Indy won games in MIA and LAK. Wake me when/if NYK even have one such glorious accomplishment this season. In other words, on top of BOS, ORL, MIA, ATL, MIL, CHI... now we have INDY ahead of us. That means there's room for 1 more team. AT LEAST we know have the advantage over CHA. Those were 2 huge wins.

wake up mafra.....

p0nder

Starter
^Yessss!

Knicks are almost a lock for the playoffs now. so there is that milestone out of the way. Now it's all about who we get matched up with. Honestly the only team in the east I wouldn't want to face is Boston. Their chemistry and playoff tenure is as good as any team EVER. If we could meet them in a ECF i would be delighted as they will probably suffer some injuries on the road to the ECF's

Aside from them, Orlando is a team I wouldn't really want to face in a 7 game series. Howard gives us fits inside and while we double and triple him their shooters have a field day. It only takes one other guy to have a good night and they can win against us. Howard is evidence that the Center is still a formidable position to run an offense through and smaller teams (ie. most teams) will have trouble playing against them. Still, I think that we are a better team then they are, just that it's not a great matchup for us. A win against them in a series is not likely, but it is certainly attainable, especially if locker room trouble boils up.

Miami is not playing well and a late season crumble could make for an early exit from the playoffs. Chicago we have proven we could beat, even with our early season team. Atlanta has been STAT's bitch since horford decided to fire him up. I think if we match up with any of these 3 teams we will make it to the second round.

Knicks aren't a LOCK to make the playoffs, but we're in pretty good shape. I doubt we'll take over the Hawks even after the win last night.

Again, it doesn't matter what seed we are, only that we gel in the playoffs. We can go toe to toe with the best, and may even make the finals if we get lucky.

Great thread.

NY is only 3.5 games back of ATL for the 5 seed. If we can win our next two games against Memphis & Dallas; we'll take the 5 seed before you know it. ATL's schedule is about to get extremely tough... starting with the Lakers.

If MIA continues to struggle closing out games... They'll drop to the 4, while ORL steals the 3.

We all need to pull for CHI (unless they're playing ATL) & root against BOS like no tomorrow.

Boston is an aging team, so I'd much rather face them during the 3rd round... when compared to either the 1st or 2nd rds. I'm not quite sure Pierce, KG & Allen can keep up with NY during a 3rd round.

This is my 1st round prediction (seeding wise).

(1) Celtics vs (8th seed).
(2) Bulls vs 76ers (7)
(3) Magic vs Hawks (6)
(4) Heat vs Knicks (5).

I believe CHI is currently 3 back of BOS. If BOS ends up as the 1 seed? We'll play BOS during the 2nd round (with a win over MIA). Unless ATL can pull off an upset over ORL. Then we get CHI / ATL gets BOS during the 2nd round.

Thoughts?

Thats why the 5 seed is so important. As long as we take care of business during the 1st round (against either ORL or MIA), ATL could actually become our best friends during the playoffs; especially if they can upset either MIA or ORL during the 1st.

That would match us against Chicago during the 2nd round with ATL going up against Boston. The Atlanta Hawks can upset the Celtics too. They took them 7 games not too long ago. I also like ATL's chances of shocking Orlando. It wouldn't be a shocker to me though. Atlanta has been sticking with ORL in the standings & fighting for the 4th seed all year.

If it can actually play out like that? Yes... We'd have to go through either ORL or MIA in the 1st & Chicago during the 2nd (not easy by any means).

But could you imagine...

Knicks (5) vs ATL (6) with home court advantage during the Eastern Conf Finals? Would be something else.

JETSFAN1290

Banned
Great thread.

NY is only 3.5 games back of ATL for the 5 seed. If we can win our next two games against Memphis & Dallas; we'll take the 5 seed before you know it. ATL's schedule is about to get extremely tough... starting with the Lakers.

If MIA continues to struggle closing out games... They'll drop to the 4, while ORL steals the 3.

We all need to pull for CHI (unless they're playing ATL) & root against BOS like no tomorrow.

Boston is an aging team, so I'd much rather face them during the 3rd round... when compared to either the 1st or 2nd rds. I'm not quite sure Pierce, KG & Allen can keep up with NY during a 3rd round.

This is my 1st round prediction (seeding wise).

(1) Celtics vs (8th seed).
(2) Bulls vs 76ers (7)
(3) Magic vs Hawks (6)
(4) Heat vs Knicks (5).

I believe CHI is currently 3 back of BOS. If BOS ends up as the 1 seed? We'll play BOS during the 2nd round (with a win over MIA). Unless ATL can pull off an upset over ORL. Then we get CHI / ATL gets BOS during the 2nd round.

Thoughts?

Eh either the 5th or 6th seed I'd be content with. But I think the Heat will win the division And become the 3 seed. Guess will have too see.

djak

Banned
Thats why the 5 seed is so important. As long as we take care of business during the 1st round (against either ORL or MIA), ATL could actually become our best friends during the playoffs; especially if they can upset either MIA or ORL during the 1st.

That would match us against Chicago during the 2nd round with ATL going up against Boston. The Atlanta Hawks can upset the Celtics too. They took them 7 games not too long ago. I also like ATL's chances of shocking Orlando. It wouldn't be a shocker to me though. Atlanta has been sticking with ORL in the standings & fighting for the 4th seed all year.

If it can actually play out like that? Yes... We'd have to go through either ORL or MIA in the 1st & Chicago during the 2nd (not easy by any means).

But could you imagine...

Knicks (5) vs ATL (6) with home court advantage during the Eastern Conf Finals? Would be something else.

So far fetched I cannot even imagine it.

We are closer to the 7th seed than the 5th seed right now.