2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion - The Other Series

Kiyaman

Legend
Just watching the Pacers-Heat game. Regardless of what the outcome is going to be, the first one and a half quarters showed me one thing: the only way to beat the Heat is get out there and run as fast as you can, move the ball at a similar pace and reverse the ball out of trap situation. To sum it all up, it is the opposite of what we did/are capable of doing.

And another thing: They never show replays after Wade drew a foul. I wonder why.

We had the chance to run the ball on the Heat everytime Lebron or either Wade sat on the bench, what stopped us were a 42 minute Carmelo Anthony halfcourt offensive game at point-foward (Marbury)....walking the ball up court on every Heats turnover.

I see PG-Collison speed winning two games in the series

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
We had the chance to run the ball on the Heat everytime Lebron or either Wade sat on the bench, what stopped us were a 42 minute Carmelo Anthony halfcourt offensive game at point-foward (Marbury)....walking the ball up court on every Heats turnover.

I see PG-Collison speed winning two games in the series
Pacers played with a lot of intensity Game 2. Out-scored the Heat in fastbreaks. And guess what?

LeBron and Wade choked!

Lebron missed two key FTs to put Heat ahead with 50 sec left to play. Wade missed a layup to tie the game w/ 15 sec remaining.

Pacer won Game 2!

CA7

Scoring Champ
If we had our depth we would have challenged the Heat a lot more but of course its Melo's fault

Kiyaman

Legend
Pacers played with a lot of intensity Game 2. Out-scored the Heat in fastbreaks. And guess what?

LeBron and Wade choked!

Lebron missed two key FTs to put Heat ahead with 50 sec left to play. Wade missed a layup to tie the game w/ 15 sec remaining.

Pacer won Game 2!

Great Game.....do u think Larry Bird would trade us Granger, BoyGeorge, and Collison for JR.Smith and superstar Carmelo Anthony???

The Pacers put a stop to the Heat peremeter shooting by running a fast break transition on every miss....Pacers took all their shots inside the paint in the 2nd half for the win.....Granger's defense on Lebron wore the Heat down.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Great Game.....do u think Larry Bird would trade us Granger, BoyGeorge, and Collison for JR.Smith and superstar Carmelo Anthony???
Bird might if he is on the bottle.

Yep, thats the way I seen it too.....ha ha ha
Good one!

Vogel was fined to $15,000 for speaking against Heat flopping. Best investment Pacers ever made and a great strategy by a mediocre coach.

Chalmer flopped at the buzzer, Wade fell down (flopped) after many of his shots late in the game and no fouls were called! Heat were under scrutiny after Vogel and Stern's comments on flopping. Heat's honeymoon is over with the refs.

If only Woodson had done that before the series.........sigh

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer

LeBron and Wade choked!

Pacer won Game 2!

those two did miss big foul shot.... check the boxscore ....the heat didnt have another player score more than 5 points!!! also got out rebounded 50-40..... not going to win a championship that way!!! with no bosh they wont make it out of the east much less play in the finals

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
That last play was just wrong. It was either bad coaching or poor execution or both. Lebron should have taken that shot. When the game is on the line...Jordan, Kobe, or any MVP should be making that last shot. Wade is good, but he's not the MVP.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Honestly i dislike the Pacers as well

Granger 2 winnable games in new york

Granger- mocked novaks double check

Pacers locker room - Fire extinguisher Taped up that says "please do not hit" mocking Amare...

Im still rooting for them to win that series, because i despise seeing the Heat win a championship. But i don't exactly like the pacers either.

Kiyaman

Legend
those two did miss big foul shot.... check the boxscore ....the heat didnt have another player score more than 5 points!!! also got out rebounded 50-40..... not going to win a championship that way!!! with no bosh they wont make it out of the east much less play in the finals

Great Point! u understood my thread....Lebron & Wade doing 90% of the scoring.....Melo & JR taking 90% of the fga (shots) in the series.
No Bosh equal less rebounds, and no 60% bigmen scoring inside the paint.....trading Stat takes away our 60% bigmen scoring in the paint....or better yet, putting point-foward Melo ISO offense in the rotation takes away our 60% bigmen inside scoring in the paint from Stat & Tyson Chandler.

Granger's defense on Lebron wore the Heats down.
:thumbsup:
Do u think Pacers President Larry Bird would trade us Granger, BoyGeorge, and Collison for our Superstar Carmelo Anthony, JR Smith, and TD? Yes? or No?
:gony:
I could live with a contender team of Tyson, Stat, and Granger's all-around performance in the frontcourt with BoyGeorge & Linsanity in the backcourt, while building a strong 2nd-unit with Collison, Shump, Fields, Novak, Jorts

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Do u think Pacers President Larry Bird would trade us Granger, BoyGeorge, and Collison for our Superstar Carmelo Anthony, JR Smith, and TD? Yes? or No?

It will look great for the forseeable future if it happens!

Even if Larry Bird is willing to make the trade, Dolan would never let his golden boy go. To him, its not about building a championship team; it's about operating a profitable organization.

Why would he want to rock the boat when the sea is calm?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Gallo & the MOz came up small last night huh. BAD move by Stern, & the NBA. NO WAY should MWP (Artest) be allowed back for Game-7. He should have been banned 1 more game... HAd to make him miss the first round series. If he wasn't playing last night, Lakers definitely lose.

Which is exactly why we got over on Denver stealing Melo for a bunch of role players. George Karl can flat out coach and is the only reason Denver made it to game seven in the first place.

Kiyaman

Legend
Boston 107
Philly 91
Boston 2-1 in series

The young Philly horses were Out-Smart/witt by the ole Celtics ? game?..defense
I wonder how a True Holiday & Lin-Sanity would do runnin our (48 minute) rotation next season?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Boston 107
Philly 91
Boston 2-1 in series

The young Philly horses were Out-Smart/witt by the ole Celtics ? game?..defense
I wonder how a True Holiday & Lin-Sanity would do runnin our (48 minute) rotation next season?

Is Holiday a free agent this offseason. Would be a HUGE steal if we got him and still keep Lin? Damn....

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Lakers lost a heartbreaker. I had never seen Kobe choked like he did. His mindset is not all there after his divorce. Even with 5 rings on his fingers, he just doesn’t have the on-court leadership like MJ.

Now down 0-2, but Lakers fans shouldn’t place all blames on him alone. Lakers have a weak bench and played 4 on 5 mostof time. Ramon NO-SHOW Session is their weakest link in their starting lineup; 25min, 2.0 PPG, 1.5 APG, .200 shooting %, and a big liability at defense.

Session, at the prime of his career,cracked under pressure thus far in the playoffs. No wonder Bucks never matched up offer made by Wolves and then traded by Wolves to Cavs, and Cavs traded toLakers. All in all, 4 teams in 5 seasons.

To think Session is a better PG than Lin by some KO'er is just totally delusional.

I don’t expect Lakers to come back and winthis series. They have way too many flaws. Let’s see what Kobe and co are made of in Game 3. Unless they win it all, it will be inevidable Lakers trade away Bynum and/or Gasol during this offseason.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Despite a stellar performance by Chalmer, Heat lost Game 3. Heat was totally exposed without: Bosh and Refs' whistles.

Wade was a no show in Game 3.
5 against 2 (LeBron and Chalmer) was just too much for Heat!

Pacers won, up 2-1.

miked1958

Rotation player
Wow Heat Blown out 94-75!

Pacers put it to them. Bosh being out taking its toll. Lebron only 22 and wade only 5 on 2-13 shooting