2016 Knicks Pre-season

tiger0330

Legend
Noah and Rose out. Plumlee starting for Noah. Jennings for DRose/

Lin out for the Nets because of a scheduled rest day.

tiger0330

Legend
I love Clyde but you would think that being a player and around the NBA for 40 years he would know the rules for a an over and back violation. Breen had to straighten him out.

Sasha with a buzzer beating 3 to end the first 27-27 tie.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Just got home in time to catch the game live. How's it been so far? I see Vujacic already has 8 points

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks take a 1pt advantage into the locker room at the half. 49-48 Knicks.

Hornacek giving opportunities for a lot of guys the first half. Haven't see Tokoto or Baker but he's played Randle and N'Dour most of the 2nd qtr. Typical preseason game, more about evaluating the players than winning. Surprised we haven't seen Kuz more this preseason.

tiger0330

Legend
BJ with 2 nice dimes to his bigs on consecutive plays. One to KP on a sweet bounce pass and the next an over the shoulder reward your big man for running the floor to Plumlee.

tiger0330

Legend
Horn even has Lou in now but no sign of Kuz, makes me think he's got a minor injury that Horn is holding him out for.

I said that kid Randle could flat out score, now has 12pts in 12mins. Clyde confirming another thing I said about him, that I didn't see much playmaking from him in SL, saying he's more a combo guard and not a PG.

tiger0330

Legend
Kuz finally in starting the 4th. Willie showing a nice touch around the rim, he's going to be a nice piece for the Knicks this season.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks get the win 116-98. The bench looked good esp the rooks, NDour, Randle Willie, Baker and Kuz scored 56 pts between them.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks get the win 116-98. The bench looked good esp the rooks, NDour, Randle Willie, Baker and Kuz scored 56 pts between them.

The Knicks bench (Willie Ndour Randle) 2nd half explosion over Nets makes me upset over the summer trade with Bulls (Rose & Holiday for Lopez & Grant) ... I will be upset with Phil if the Bulls win more games than us in the regular season.

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks bench (Willie Ndour Randle) 2nd half explosion over Nets makes me upset over the summer trade with Bulls (Rose & Holiday for Lopez & Grant) ... I will be upset with Phil if the Bulls win more games than us in the regular season.
I'll miss Rolo for sure but he was the price for getting DRose and dumping JC. Bulls have Valentine and now Dinwiddie in front of Grant for first PG off the bench so I don't think JG is going to get much playing time with the Bulls. Its only 2 games but Holiday struggling with his shot has been a disappointment.

Jury is still out on the Bulls but a lineup of Rondo, DWade and Butler should win you a few games and maybe they do win more games than the Knicks.

tiger0330

Legend
27-24 end of the first, Melo leading the scoring with 11pts. Horn started Willie today with Noah still out. I said Horn was going to be a positive and the players seem to genuinely seem to like Hornacek as a coach, he's got them playing faster so expect the pace stats to go up for the Knicks this season.

tiger0330

Legend
Holiday with a steal and then got a putback dunk on an offensive RB. He's a good defender, now his jump shot needs to come around.

tiger0330

Legend
Wiz take a 53-46 lead into the locker room. Game was closer until the Wiz opened up the lead late in the second, Knicks could use more scoring from the 2 guard esp when the 2nd unit is in, Holiday was only 1-5 and CLee only took 3 shots.

mafra

Legend
It's clearly evident this early, the only hope the 2016-2017 NYK have for a legitimate and consistent third option on offense (or if we consider KP as more of a third option and not a second option) is Derek Rose.

I think BJ is suited for the 6th man role.... A streak, 4th option for points on most nights....

I think we have 0 options for interior scoring....

Some nights Thomas may step up, other nights it may be LEE.... But this season is clearly in the tenuous hands of Rose & Noah.

Gulp.

Kiyaman

Legend
Plumlee with the spin move for 2
coach Horn didnt want to mention any names on the players that dont want to run run run, i will mention it for him Melo!

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks fans are going to love Jennings. Loves the game and has got a little Globetrotter in him doing some fancy dribbling before launching and making that 3.

tiger0330

Legend
Lance like Holiday has not found his shot in the preseason. His scoring is going to be important for the second unit, his defense is a given.