2020 NBA Draft thread

Well guys im not the arrogant jerk I once was lol. I thought we did a good thing by drafting Obi but reading responses here it looks like im wrong

I did think the kid from Israel seemed like he would have been a good pick too as well as Haliburton

Whats next now?

Don?t sweat it. Mafra hates the pick. I think the rest of us are in wait and see mode.

We?re hoping there is some larger plan to address our ball handling issues. Tyrell Terry or Maledon at pick 23 would be good.

mafra

Legend
Well guys im not the arrogant jerk I once was lol. I thought we did a good thing by drafting Obi but reading responses here it looks like im wrong

I did think the kid from Israel seemed like he would have been a good pick too as well as Haliburton

Whats next now?

I could be wrong. I liked RJ. But I don?t see much in a 22 yr-old mid major prospect, who can?t create his own shot or play much defense, when we just took the same type of player in Knox 2 years ago. And he plays position of our big free agent signing.

Obviously, this means Knox and Randle are gone... I think this is as bad as Frank over Mitchell and Knox over anybody else in that draft.

He?ll be a ROY candidate bc we will
Feature his offense and he?ll shooters 24 shots a game. But he won?t be a winning player that turns this around here.

mafra

Legend
BOS took Edwards or something last year, right? Shooter from Purdue? They got some bench shooters, more shooting than we have in our starting lineup.

KingCharles34

All Star
I could be wrong. I liked RJ. But I don’t see much in a 22 yr-old mid major prospect, who can’t create his own shot or play much defense, when we just took the same type of player in Knox 2 years ago. And he plays position of our big free agent signing.

Obviously, this means Knox and Randle are gone... I think this is as bad as Frank over Mitchell and Knox over anybody else in that draft.

He’ll be a ROY candidate bc we will
Feature his offense and he’ll shooters 24 shots a game. But he won’t be a winning player that turns this around here.
I actually like Frank as a role player off the bench but I haven't really shared my opinions here in probably a good 6 or 7 years. We should have taken D Mitch of course, but alot of other teams also passed on him

Knox is a complete bum and i sure hope we trade him. He has horrible instincts on defense so even if he improves his shot i think he'll always still be a liability

I do still have some belief In RJ but what you said is true. He has a long ways to go

I admit I don't know much about Obi. I was told on another site back in the summer that he had high potential as a 3 and D guy and with the 8th pick i wasn't expecting a star player

Were gonna be in the lottery again next year though :|

Thats the part thats hard to stomach

tiger0330

Legend
Presti did all this wheeling and dealing for a kid thats 7 ft tall but weighs 190 lbs. If it wasn't Presti Id say he was crazy.

I actually like Frank as a role player off the bench but I haven't really shared my opinions here in probably a good 6 or 7 years. We should have taken D Mitch of course, but alot of other teams also passed on him

Knox is a complete bum and i sure hope we trade him. He has horrible instincts on defense so even if he improves his shot i think he'll always still be a liability

I do still have some belief In RJ but what you said is true. He has a long ways to go

I admit I don't know much about Obi. I was told on another site back in the summer that he had high potential as a 3 and D guy and with the 8th pick i wasn't expecting a star player

Were gonna be in the lottery again next year though :|

Thats the part thats hard to stomach

I think the 3 and D guy you?re thinking about is probably Vassell.

Obi Toppin was the college player of the year last season. He is an absolute beast on offense. Scores at the rim and can shoot the 3. Late bloomer. Already 22 years old. Awful on defense.

I would have rather had Avdija or Haliburton but I don?t hate this pick as much as recent picks.

I agree that Knox is a bum.

Glad to see you posting on here again.