2023 Free Agency

mafra

Legend
Looks like a third member of the Wildcats will join forces in NYC. I like it. If we could sign DD and Dillon Brooks… solid moves. Of course, it does feel like a trade is gone happen. I hope not for a trade sake. OG would be nice. But does KAT or ZL move the needle?

Then there’s Donte DiVincenzo. According to Yahoo Sports’ Jake Fischer, “… there’s been growing noise among league personnel about DiVincenzo joining former Villanova teammates Jalen Brunson and Josh Hart in New York.” The Knicks would be a near-perfect fit for the guard.

In April, DiVincenzo was a guest on Andre Iguodala and Evan Turner’s ‘Point Forward’ podcast, where he talked about his close relationship with Brunson and said that the two are still best friends. In a Bleacher Report interview with Taylor Rooks, Hart said that he was trying to get DiVincenzo to New York. All that’s left to do is for the Knicks to actually sign DiVincenzo.

Kiyaman

Legend
Harden, KD, and Kyrie have combined for 7 trade requests in less than two seasons.
Do the Knicks need any players from the 2023 FA Market ???

The Knicks guard rotation players (are Keepers) FA Hart, Grimes, Quickley, and Brunson's dynamics went on a (17-8) winning run to end the season. Another season together will lead to a better season (I wish we kept veteran D,Rose).

The Knicks 3 winning Centers are Keepers (MitchRob, Hartenstein, and Sims).
The Knicks need a starter SF (Paul George or OG Anunoby or Middleton) to replace Barrett in the lineup.
The Knicks need to trade Randle to Memphis for the Grizz PF Jaren Jackson Jr.
The Knicks FO have to fire Tom Thibs in the offseason, before Knicks fans start yelling fire the no-offense head coach around Christmas.

mafra

Legend
Desmond Bane gets 200 mil. Halliburton gets 5/260 mil in extension. Cam Johnson gets 4/108… Brunson and Randle have great deals now, eh?

Dame demands a trade

mafra

Legend
Knicks are finalizing trade to send F Obi Toppin to the Pacers for two future second-round picks, sources tell ESPN. Deal gives Toppin an opportunity to play a more significant role in Indiana and stacks up more draft assets for New York. Deal can’t be completed until Thursday.

If only Rose listened to us… he fixated on Obi, and now he flips a lottery pick for 2 future second rounders… most likely, 2 dudes who will never play for Knicks. Meanwhile. Halliburton gets a quarter billion extension. What exactly do the Knicks have to show for 3 Leon drafts? Keels and IQ? And IQ soon to be dealt to…

metrocard

Legend
I'll be honest with you guys, I'm taking a long mental break from this team.

Historically we have been notorious of devaluing prospects and getting little in return for them, while they make progress and improve for a rival franchise.

We get two second round picks which will be mid selection for an 8th round pick that improved every season. Despite Thibs hating on Toppin, Toppin was huge for our chemistry and team identity.

The Knicks just aren't a fun franchise.
I say we are pretty boring. Randle is our highest paid player and there is some delusion that we can "compete" with how much responsibility Randle is given, but his lack of accountability does not match up. We aren't fun because we dont know how to build a core that trust and believe in each other Randle always pointing fingers at teammates and never showing up on defense.

The worse part of all this is we are letting a coach that's going be out of the NBA after his contract is up, dictate our assett management... dumbest **** organization ever. Give me the worst MLB or NFL franchise over the Knicks.

We dont deserve championships and we dont deserve to win.

Organizations like the Spurs would have Quickley and Toppin be 15-17 ppg players consistently. They invest more into their talent where as the Knicks just hope someone good signs with them.

Without Brunson, this is a 30 win team at best. Knicks will forever be mid to trash and theres no real purpose giving this clueless franchise out energy. Really pathetic off season thus far.

Kiyaman

Legend
The New York Knicks agreed Saturday to a four-year, $50 million contract with free agent guard Donte DiVincenzo, his agent, Jason Glushon, told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, reuniting him with former Villanova teammates Jalen Brunsonand Josh Hart.

I liked Donte DiVincenzo before the injury in Milwaukie .. The Bucks should've kept Donte to pair with Holiday in the back court.
Coach Thibs do not know how to coach wing guards like Donte or Fournier or Wiggins ..
Thibs is a one on one offense coach for 48 minutes.
I guess the Knicks will be playing one on one small-ball all season.

Questions:
Does DiVincenzo make the Knicks better?? I want use the term ‘move the needle’.

Does trading Toppin makes the Knicks better??

Does letting D.Rose walk make the Knicks better??

I would have traded Randle for KP.
I would have signed Jaxon Hayes from N.O.
I would have signed Dennis Schroder.
I would have definitely been talking to K.I. - don’t care about his baggage- just his play.

So which team would you rather have the one with all the questions??
OR
The one with Transformative Players?

You pick but it a done deal — Questions!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Questions:
Does DiVincenzo make the Knicks better?? I want use the term ‘move the needle’.

Does trading Toppin makes the Knicks better??

Does letting D.Rose walk make the Knicks better??

I would have traded Randle for KP.
I would have signed Jaxon Hayes from N.O.
I would have signed Dennis Schroder.
I would have definitely been talking to K.I. - don’t care about his baggage- just his play.

So which team would you rather have the one with all the questions??
OR
The one with Transformative Players?

You pick but it a done deal — Questions!!

I have to agree 100% .. each player move .. took away from building a winner.
No more experience veteran leadership from D.Rose.
No more 6 or less seconds transition baskets or energy off the bench replacement at PF (other than F/C Hartenstein), when all star Randle get tired of walking the ball down court.
No more of the dynamic trio of Quickley & Grimes & Hart attacking the ball on offense/defense, when the Knicks add Donte into the rotation.

The only guard we needed to add to the knicks rotation were a combo-Dennis Schroder type player.
Randle or Thibs were posed to depart from the Knicks in 2023 offseason.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Indiana Pacers did it again, they went out and picked up another unknown star big man (recall Jermain O'Neal) for a couple of 2nd round picks .. The speedy athletic above the rim scorer Obi Toppin under coach Carlilse is a all-star in the making. Haliburton & Toppin fastbreaks are gonna have fans standing up out of their seats cheering for the Pacers next season. Obi will have a 25/10 performance on the Knicks in just 30 minutes of playing time having Randle defend him.

The Knicks FO and the No-Offense strategy head coach Thibs are heading toward another loser season after a playoff run .... What we gonna do when the (Obi) fans get on Randle's case when the Knicks are losing a game next season?
And we can not forget MIA Randle in both playoff series.
Did Obi Toppin screaming at coach Thibs after the Knicks final game of the season get him traded.
If one player felt that way, I'm sure other Knicks players felt the same way.

The Knicks WEAKEST position have been at the SF wing position on offense/defense .. Randle/Barrett/Hart/and Donte position, will they fight threw picks/screen to defend Knicks opponent's 30 point scorers like SF Tatum, SF Butler, SF Kawhi, SF Paul George, SF Middleton, SF DeRozan, SF Barnes

mafra

Legend
Reports are he’s injured. Maybe he wants out after they dealt his brother. Isaiah Roby has his opportunity.

Kiyaman

Legend
Toppin' .... Three years of being under-used, missed-used, and given nothing at all to boost his growth in the NBA for 3 yrs by a named head coach (Tom Thibs) who should've stayed an assistant coach in Boston .. has earned the screaming of the young player Obi Toppin after a playoff loss, plus the 1-4 playoff series whipping from his ex-player Jimmy Butler.
The Knicks players were awesome in 2022-23 season having a clutch-shooting PG Brunson on the court for 37 minutes a game. The Knicks coaching & substitution STINKED .. the 9 man rotation that kept turning into a 7 man rotation by giving 3 to 4 players above 35 minutes a game.
Jacob Toppin be happy for your brother, he will receive a great season teaching from a real NBA winning head coach who put two championship teams together (Piston/Mavs) Mr. Rick Carlisle !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Reports are he’s injured. Maybe he wants out after they dealt his brother. Isaiah Roby has his opportunity.

I know I would want out if I watch my older brother waste 3 years of his career under (dog house) coach Thibs, and Thibs being the best coach the Knicks organization got on their staff .. Naw, I'll hang out for a couple of pay checks on the injured list.

mafra

Legend
Obi excelled in open spaces but when opponents got physical with him he wilted under contact…

Meanwhile,

Andre Iguodala to Donte DiVincenzo: “We played y’all in the bubble when I was with Miami, & I was like, ‘Yo. White dude can hoop.’
“Cause when I see you initially, ‘Man, as soon as he catch the ball, press up into him hard & and see what he can do.’ They normally fall, like you normally out there to shoot.
“& you shot one from deep so comfortably. I'm like, ‘It's like that?!’ & I'm like, ‘All right, I'm in him. He ain't gonna get a shot off.’
“& then next time I try to get in you & you drove. I'm like, ‘Oh, he got it.’”

Donte DiVincenzo: “But that's the thing I love, like when you, like what you just said…I'm not a shooter.”

Iguodala: “Bro, you a shooter bro. You can shoot.”

Donte: “I'm not a shoo-ter.”

Iguodala: “I'm watching you work out bro. My son came to practice & I said, ‘Watch Donte's legs on his shots.’ Like you shoot from Deep. Effortlessly.”

mafra

Legend
Still, to deal a lottery pick (Obi) for a few mil cap relief, the year after you dealt away a lottery pick (Duran) for a few mil in salary relief… awful looks, especially since you’re still strapped with Evan’s contract.

Most competent GMs are able to shed contracts no problema… MIA is poised to get Lilard for peanuts yet Leon missed out on Mitchell. Gonna be a bad look of Riley get Dame a year after Rose failed to get DM

mafra

Legend
ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Magic have waived Bol Bol.
Bol had a breakout campaign in his first (and apparently only) season with the Magic, operating as a top-75 fantasy option for stretches throughout. The Lakers or Mavericks might be interested in the services of a stretch five, but realistically, any team wishing to acquire him could do so on the cheap. Bol’s ability to hit three-pointers and block shots makes him an intriguing fantasy option if he lands with a team willing to give him substantial minutes.

Go for it NYK… why not?