2023 Free Agency

Kiyaman

Legend
The big Knicks rumor I heard on FB .. The L.A. Clippers offered the Knicks Paul George for RJ Barrett.
And the Knicks refuse.
Does Paul George have 3 more amazing seasons out of next 4 seasons left in him? Yes!
RJ Barrett at the SF position the next 4 seasons defending opponents Tatum, or Butler, or Middleton, or Derozan, or Barnes in a playoff series are .......

I like Bol-Bol and would definitely sign him.

That was a rumor if Clippers offered George for RJ…. Nobody is foolish to offer any for RJ. The Knicks are stuck with him and nobody with any kind of BB Knowledge wouldn’t do that.

Kiyaman

Legend
I like Bol-Bol and would definitely sign him.

That was a rumor if Clippers offered George for RJ…. Nobody is foolish to offer any for RJ. The Knicks are stuck with him and nobody with any kind of BB Knowledge wouldn’t do that.

Paul George is 33 yrs old, has 13 yrs experience, plus the last 4 yrs in L.A. Paul George only played 50 games in each season.

Last edited:
I agree with you about George. Anything to get rid of RJ is a good trade. Now that says a lot about how I feel about RJ existence on the Knicks.

mafra

Legend
LAC wanted RJ, Grimes plus 3 first rounders. For PG? A dude who played in half the games the last 4 seasons. On top of that, PG wanted a max 200 mil extension. You have to be an idiot to agree to that.

Per HoopHype’s Michael Scotto, the Knicks and Clippers discussed multiple packages for George, initially including forward Obi Toppin, Quentin Grimes, Evan Fournier and three first-round picks. During their talks, the Clippers countered by asking for RJ Barrett instead of Toppin. Toppin has since been traded to the Indiana Pacers

Kiyaman

Legend

The Knicks SL team are being coached the same way (no offensive strategy) Thibs coach the Knicks.
One on one offense, and one on one poor defense, especially in transition.
No picks, no screens, no box-out, no ball-movement, no team ball on either side of the court.
There's no player on the Knicks summer league team close to replacing PF Obi Toppin.
PF Isaiah Roby getting his shot block at the end of the first quarter, talent is several levels below Toppin.
Jefferies & Harris performance need to go overseas for a contract, and give up on trying to make the NBA.
The Philly 76ers took over the game at the start of the 2nd quarter, the SL 76ers never gave the chaotic SL Knicks a chance to get into the game to make it competitive.

Kiyaman

Legend
LAC wanted RJ, Grimes plus 3 first rounders. For PG? A dude who played in half the games the last 4 seasons. On top of that, PG wanted a max 200 mil extension. You have to be an idiot to agree to that.

Per HoopHype’s Michael Scotto, the Knicks and Clippers discussed multiple packages for George, initially including forward Obi Toppin, Quentin Grimes, Evan Fournier and three first-round picks. During their talks, the Clippers countered by asking for RJ Barrett instead of Toppin. Toppin has since been traded to the Indiana Pacers

Wow! The L.A. Clippers FO believe the Knicks FO are full of IDIOTS to ask for 100 times the worth of a injury-prone 33 yr old Paul George.

If you going to demonstrate that you know BB . You don’t draft RJ!! You destroy a team in order to prove you are knowledgeable to justify his existence on the team.

But if you indeed draft RJ and destroy team in order to prove and justify a mistake. I like the Clippers have no other choice but to think that the Knicks and those that think like the F.O. are indeed IDIOTS!!
Without a Doubt!!

And if that not enough then look at current state of affairs. Look at what just happened in this year draft and F.A.
These are the people who you say are better than Phil Jackson who only had less than 3 years to turn the team around. These clowns have had how many years?? And how many Championships have the Knicks won since Phil left?? ZERO

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Dark .... My crazy Knicks does have a few IDIOTS in the FO. `
And our up and down coaching-staff have been little to no help at all to the Knicks FO, or the Knicks players the past 3 seasons.
Head coach Thibs before game speech the past season, "It;s up to MitchRob's defense & offensive rebounds, and Brunson clutch shots if the team want the win so every one chip in something.".
There was no offensive team-plays, and no defensive team-plays throughout the regular season, and postseason games.
Next season the Knicks FO have chosen a Villanova offense/defense for Thibs to get credit for if the backcourt works.
We still need to sign a 6.6 defensive SF (Mikal Bridges) for our rotation.
Now we have to find away to get some of the winning NBA head-coaches not afraid to sign with the Knicks.

The Randle & Barrett duo have not been exciting to watch the past 4 yrs. Maybe because both players receive 36 to 40 minutes of playing time to for fill their stats.
RJ Barrett's 2019 draft class was the poorest draft class of players I seen in a long time.

Kiya, we have become the Villanova Knicks. What other team in the NBA past or present try’s to emulate a college BB team? None that I can remember.
So is this suppose to make coaching easier on Thib??
So about the other 2/5 of the 5… I would have said starting 5 but I guess they aren’t starting just yet, huh, or maybe they are.

Over 4 years ago I said it would take 5 years for the Knicks to realize their mistakes and another 2 years to reverse the trend. Well we are there and let hope Mr Dolan steps in and clean house.

mafra

Legend
Might as well be US of Nova bc Brunson, Hart, & Bridges all playing for USA team too. They did win 2 titles and produced some quality NBA talent… Knicks should get Bey and Bridges… lol.

Was it Scott Perry who took Knox over Bridges (& KK’s teammate SGA)?

It’s not funny!!

We go over the same stories over and over again. Why do you keep justifying incompetence?

Where are the CHAMPIONSHIPS??

You know Ski… you are correct.
It just makes you wonder what happened that Dolan fires one person that knows how win championships.
The Knicks are about entertainment not competing.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya, we have become the Villanova Knicks. What other team in the NBA past or present try’s to emulate a college BB team? None that I can remember.
So is this suppose to make coaching easier on Thib??
So about the other 2/5 of the 5… I would have said starting 5 but I guess they aren’t starting just yet, huh, or maybe they are.

Over 4 years ago I said it would take 5 years for the Knicks to realize their mistakes and another 2 years to reverse the trend. Well we are there and let hope Mr Dolan steps in and clean house.

It's kinda funny Dark .. stepping down to the college level to finally build the Knicks team an Identity.
Any thing is better than the Knicks 3 straight seasons of "dribble-dribble-dribble ISO offense".
Just think, if the Villanova-Knicks have a successful season, we could start building/making moves to put together a contender Knicks team in the 2024, and the 2025 offseason.

Adding a 6th SG (Donte) to the Knicks roster (Fournier, Grimes, Quickley, Hart, Barrett), plus getting rid of a veteran star combo-guard (D.Rose), then the young athletic backup PF (Toppin), will be hard to replace this offseason. Heck, the Knicks FO never replaced Bullocks strong performance at the SF position in the past two off-seasons. That's why we had no answer for the Miami Heats (unselfish) Star Butler's performance in the playoffs.

Last edited: