Al Harrington trade for Jamal Crawford, CRAWFUL IS GONE!!!

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
i'm happy to see some restructuring goin on but seems like the knicks don't care about any the players they currently have, there main goal should be to grow each player for them, not get each player good enough to be traded in some far hopes of getting lebron..i mean curry i can see him goin, i don't see him doing well in the knicks pace right now, but who are we going to go to now for that last second shot?? marbury obviously is gone, now crawford? do you really trust Q rich to take that shot?? Nate robinson?? we have no one that i can see that we can look to succeed in these win or lose scenarios ..

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
:beer:I can't remember the last time the Knicks did something that made me this happy...:gony::thumbsup::gony::thumbsup:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i like harrington and all dat but without marbury or crawford, who going break down the defense???

??????..,-~?`?lllllll`~,
????..,-~*lllllllllllllllllllllllllll?*-,
???,-~llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll-,
??,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\
?.;`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~~-,llllllllllllllllllll\
?..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/???\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,
?...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*???..~-~-,?(.(?*,`,
??.\llllllllllll,-~???????)_-\..`*;..)
??..\,-*?,*)????,-~*`~.????.../
??...|/.../?/~,?...-~,-~`;?????./.\
??../.../?/?/..,-,..~,.`~?????....\
??.|.../?/?/.*...\...????????)?.)?~,
??.|./?/?./??.)??,.)*~-,???.../?.|..)?~-,
??/./.../?,*-,?..-,?*?.,---?...\?./?../..|??...?``*~-
?...(???.)*~-,?.`.,-~.,-*??|?/.?/?/????\
??.*-,??.*-,...~,..``.,,,-???.|.,...,*?|?...\
???.*,???-,?)-,????..,-*...,-*?.(`-,????\
..............f-,???-,/?-,___,,-~?.,-*??|?`-,..

nyk_nyk

All Star
i'm happy to see some restructuring goin on but seems like the knicks don't care about any the players they currently have, there main goal should be to grow each player for them, not get each player good enough to be traded in some far hopes of getting lebron..i mean curry i can see him goin, i don't see him doing well in the knicks pace right now, but who are we going to go to now for that last second shot?? marbury obviously is gone, now crawford? do you really trust Q rich to take that shot?? Nate robinson?? we have no one that i can see that we can look to succeed in these win or lose scenarios ..
The answer to your question is that they don't intend on winning much games this year. They never did. They want those ping pong balls.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Im very happy about this trade, i think Harrington is a fine talent. Definitely better than Q in my book, but Jamal isnt there to ruin wins for us anymore by taking wild shots in a close game. When Jeffries gets back from his injury, we are gonna have a hell of a team!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Maybe you should take a step out of ko.com and see how happy warrior fans are that we took on their headache. Post like these take away credit from marbury worshipers. you dont even possess the ability to give credit when it is due. Crawford had 2 off games this season. He played really well so far.

This move works out for both teams! yes you are right they did just dump a major headache in Harrington, but, we got 10 million dollars more under cap in 2010. Not to mention it's not like we don't have a player who can make up for Jamal, I think Nate should do just fine in picking up that slack.

You said Jamal only had two bad games in 10 games played, but is it totally out of the question to think Jamal might have only 2 good games in the next 10 upcoming games?

Plus define good game! To me if Jamal is taking smart shots and his making good plays thoughout the game then that is a good game, if he is taking horrible shots that just happen to drop then regardless of the box score he didnt play well to me. Jamal could very well become an All Star out West, but, the fact remains he is not the type of SG we need. Really Anthony Robertson has looked better in this offense in my opinion.

Final Verdict:Good Move for The Knicks!

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
LOL, whoever is happy about the trades today or the way this organization is being ran is not being realistic... Al Harrington was to Golden State what Marbury is to the Knicks... Not saying Harrington is not a good player, but look it like this, do you think a team would trade their leading scorer and a catalys of their offense for Stephon Marbury now, knowing his position on the knicks. Of course not. The Management on this team is proven to be ego driven and wanting to rest all their eggs in the basket of possibly getting Lebron James. This makes no sense. Just like it makes no sense not to play Marbury even though he has been nothing but a model citizen since D'antoni and walsh came in. It's senseless the approach these guys are taking in running this organization. As much as you guys who dislike Crawford, the fact still remains, the Knicks could have gotten more for him and settled for another forward

Red

TYPE-A
O Really?

1. The Number of Players That match Crawfords/Z Bos Salary
-
The Number of Players That come close to Crawfords/Z Bos talent
-
The players who's contracts expire after 2010
-
The Number of Teams willing to trade
=
A. Harrington, Mobley and Thomas expiring contracts 2009
B. Lebron James plus more...
C. -27MIL off the cap in 2010!!
D. One of the biggest/best moves in recent Knick history
E. All of the above :thumbsup:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3718274&categoryId=2378529

Last edited:
Walsh is GANGSTA!!

Walsh put us in a good position to pick up an All-Star calibur player indeed. I just don't like the idea that we released so much of our scoring without gettin THAT much scoring in return. Al Harrington is aight. He can ball. Cutino can ball no doubt. So can Tim Thomas. But I'm not like, "Yeah Sun!!!" So...........Wilson Chandler has to really explode and get his this year. Gallo gotta man up and show the fans he can ball. Walsh has gotta get Eddie McFlurry a personal trainer or an HD Tae Bo dvd or sumthin. Then trade em! Peace.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
"the knicks are going to be off the charts in a few years"-Smith

when was the last time we heard that

we could sign LeBron and Wade-or Amare-or Bosh wow

were going rags-to-riches

were eating roman noodles now but Caviar in 2 years ...place Lebron with our high lottery pick this year (Rubio,Jennings,Thabeet etc) and Chandler WOW!...lets just hope we get him first

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
I just wish it was at the end of this season..that's what i thought at first..i wouldn't mind seein the knicks get blown out every night if the possibiility for all these players happened after this season, but now i realize it's this one, annd all of next year too..why couldn't we have keept them till this time next year? wouldn't they be worth more then? and we'd have less time watching the knicks fall as they probably will the rest of this year and next

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer
what do u guys think about us getting nash for 2010 also????

it would be

Thabeet
Amare
Lebron
Chandler
Nash

:crossfingers: hahaha im excited for the posibilities

ok so we have a chance to be dynamite now...
with our current team we will be back in the top 5 draft picks
i want a rubio, jennings, blake griffin, or bj mullens

then we get two top tier FA james first
then bosh, amare, or wade

plus i would still not stop tryin to get rid of curry package him and try to get rid of him
plus harrington is not a bad player and probably will fit into our style of play
so this will give us
duhon (i know you all doubt him but ive been impressed with his decent team play)
james
chandler
nate
qrich
jeffries
gallinari

other possibilities
our future draft pick
possible bring lee back
possible bring harrington back
and the other big name FA

we could have a dynamite team and even better off a huge talented front court with james and possibly rubio in the back court
WOW!

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Crawford was a good player, surrounded by bums. Like Toons said, on another thread, if one leaves the twilight zone world that is knicksonline, one finds that Crawford is respected for being the solid player that he is. In addition, as others have stated, who've recently joined the site and are not brainwashed by Metrocard and MSG, the first couple of KO, Crawford has hit many big shots, in pressure situations. G-State fans are also thrilled to be getting Crawford and dumping Harrington, who, in my opinion, is a 6'9, soft as a down jacket, overrated bust.

I think, like ABCD said, in a post in some other section, that the Knicks have no chance to succeed, for another five or six years, as a result of these actions. The knicks have needed a few key things, over the past four or five years: the firing of Isiah, the hiring of a solid coach and the acquisition of a solid center, i.e., Brook Lopez, Pau Gasol. Had this happened, we would have had a successful team.

As for Marbury, he's a good player, but too much pressure was put on him. It is my belief that it's almost impossible to have a PG lead a team to success. As a coach, I can tell you that a team is dominant when it has a strong, intelligent big man in their starting lineup. The knicks have not had that since Ewing, Sr.

Anyway, enjoy the downward slope.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
All the negative talk about Walsh should be dead now. Trading our two top scorers for low paid role players was a great move toward 2010. I wanted to see a deal for Harrington happen two years ago, glad we finally landed him. Maybe when Curry gets better we can showcase him and make a deal with the Bobcats.