All BUYOUT/WAIVED Thread

KingofNy

Starter
Mike D'antoni is like god, he predestines people before they have the opportunity to show themselves.You could have the talent of a Wilt Chamberlain, but if you aren't a D'antoni kind of player you will see as much playing time as David Wingate and as much time in the coaches' dog house as Anthony Roberson.What a shame that the Knicks are stuck with a coach who will never utilize the full talent that is on his roster.Let me stop writing negatively about D'antoni before the D'antoni police put out a warrant.

:teeth:

Better get to hiding... They'll be here soon saying Brewer sucked anyways and will probably be using last nights win as a justification of Dumbtoni's 3 years of horrible coaching.

knicksin60

Starter
:teeth:

Better get to hiding... They'll be here soon saying Brewer sucked anyways and will probably be using last nights win as a justification of Dumbtoni's 3 years of horrible coaching.

I would not be shocked if an internet story breaks out about D'antoni having an account on this website.Some of the posts made in defense of him are incomprehensible.These people are like magnets to anything that puts D'antoni's name under a negative light.

knicksin60

Starter
The Knicks might as well waive a quarter of their roster since a quarter of it hasn't seen any action in the last 2 years and a half.

D'antoni could have a roster of Melo, Stoudemire, Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Durant, D.Will, Dwight, P.Gasol, Griffin, Bosh and Paul and would still find a way to have 3 of those players rotting on the bench for the entire season.

Last edited:

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
lol yeah saw that.:update:

That Donnie Walsh is one cheeky bastard haha. I just need to see a 7 footer on this team. Its vital if anything just for the guy to clog the middle. I really wanna see Balkman gone too. Hes a pothead and a waste of space. Mason is valuable because im pretty sure hes liked on the team and he will just be in a suit with Andy soon anyways. Guys like that are important to the team ex. Scott Pollard and Brian Scalabrine

Sage

Rotation player
Well they're making room at least, and I guess Azu I can understand to a point being cut, but Brewer? He could have contributed.

I'm guessing the Knicks only wanted him as trade bait, but now the the deadline has passed they don't want him? I'd cut Mason over Brewer.

la2ny

Starter
NEWARK, N.J. -- Dan Gadzuric was inactive for the New Jersey Nets on Wednesday, and he was questionable to make it onto their late-night flight to London as the team was in discussions with the 6-foot-11 center on a contract buyout.
Acquired from the Golden State Warriors in last week's Troy Murphy-Brandon Wright trade, Gadzuric logged nine minutes for the Nets in their loss to the Houston Rockets on Saturday night, missing both of his field goal attempts.
The center, who spent his first eight NBA seasons with the Milwaukee Bucks, has played in only 29 games this season and has committed 65 fouls while scoring only 81 points. But he is a rare commodity -- a center with legit size -- in a league where big men are in demand among playoff-bound teams.
One source said the chances of Gadzuric reaching a buyout agreement were "less than 50 percent," and a second source said the Nets wanted to have the matter resolved before they boarded their flight to London, where they will play the Toronto Raptors on Friday and Saturday.
Gadzuric is earning $7.5 million in the final season of a six-year contract he signed with the Bucks in the summer of 2005. He appeared off the bench in all seven of the Bucks' playoff games against Atlanta last season as Andrew Bogut was sidelined for the postseason.

Maybe this is what walsh sees. :shrug:

And another thing why didn't we try for Rasual...we could use a shooter off the bench. :wallbash:

The Los Angeles Clippers have bought out Rasual Butler, and he plans to sign with the Chicago Bulls, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.
Butler must clear waivers before he can sign with the Bulls.
Butler had the best scoring season of his career in 2009-10, averaging 11.9 points and 2.9 rebounds. This season he's averaged 5.0 points and 1.9 rebounds.
Butler is making $2.4 million in the last year of his contract.

KingofNy

Starter
So Walsh cuts the 2 guys that have the capabilities to be the sixth and seventh players on our squad on the hopes of getting another teams garbage. Give me a break. Azu was a starter before the injury and Brewer can shoot and defend and Walsh cuts him before he ever sees the floor as a Knick. So frustrating... :boohoo:

STAT1

Starter
I don't get why Brewer is the one to be bought out & not Roger Mason Jr. Brewer could have been a possible asset to be used in a future trade. This just makes zero sense to me. Why trade for him to begin with if we weren't gonna utilize him in any way? I don't get why Donnie Walsh is constantly having to get rid of players he's traded for because MDA decides he has no use for them in his system.

mafra

Legend
I'll reserve judgement until I see what really goes down... But it seems odd that we would stand idle, allowing BOS-CHI-MIA to improve by picking up legit role players who could help those teams bet us come MAY.

WE SHOULD BLOCK those moves at all costs. Why would Walsh let Troy Murphy, Mike Bibby, Rasual Butler clear waivers? OK, maybe Bibby is a tough call. Who wants to pay his 6 mil contract for next season. I guess if you calim a player on waivers, then you pick up their current contract?

Anyway... What about Murphy? He's owed ZERO after this season. We need a rebounder and a big body.

I get it. IF Walsh-D'ant feel Gadzurik & Jeffries are better fits... fine. I'll live with it. But we better get some size, and we better hope Bibby-Murphy-BUtler don't come back to bite us.

STILL...

Billups
Fields
Carmelo
Stoudemire
Jeffries

That's probably our starting 5. Gadzurik/Turiaf bring size-hustle-interior presence. Douglas-Carter bring energy-defense off the bench, and hopefully some scoring. Williams-Walker round out the rotation. Williams would start against teams like MIA, and Walker does what he does.

Obviously, Knicks wont play 11 guys. It's just that 8 players have a role, and will compliment the big-3. If we need size, Jeffries (then Turiaf, and then possibly another big like Gadz gets a few minutes). The other 4, Douglas-Carter-Williams-Walker will be part of the rotation.

I guess this is why Brewer & Azu were cut. Keleena not healthy enough to warrant PT over Williams-Walker... Brewer just doesn't have enough time to get used to the system. At least Carter is accustmed to playing with Billups-Melo. And another PG/SG more important than a wing defender, b/c Williams-Walker have done OK enough.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^

Personally, I can't see why we didn't improve our second unit.

Carter played good defence against Wade, but with both he and Douglas in the back court closing out or beginning quarters, we get results like we did in Miami. That was a pitiful offensive effort in which STAT touched the ball twice in 4+ minutes with that line up as the focal scorer. Not naive enough to ignore that it was their 1st game together, but neither are prototypical PGs.

All this season we've needed a back up point, and still, nada. Finally we've addressed the center spot, but it's not like Jefferies and Gadzuric are pivotal additions.

I hope TD sponges up everything he can from Billups. Comparatively, Billups played a very similar role in his first 2 years to that of Douglas at the moment. A 2 out of sync with his requirements. Could be the underlying boon of the trade if Douglas can reciprocate from Chauncey's instruction.

Boob good

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
T.J. Ford and Jason Kapono continue to be engaged in buyout talks with the Pacers and Sixers respectively.

Both talks are expected to go down to the final minute before a decision is reached and both players want to have an idea of where they will sign after clearing waivers.

Ford and Kapono are both represented by Arn Tellem.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Talks_To_Go_Down_To_Last_Minute#ixzz1FMRxP6t4

Ford's buyout is for $8.5M! He will be a FA next year.

mafra

Legend
We know that Walsh likes TJ. Wait and see.

DEN likes the MOZ. Think he has high basketabll IQ. Just has people in front of him blocking PT.

Would be wise to get a PG and 2 big bodies. I can live with JJ. Maybe he'll help defend Rose. He is good at disrupting Rondo.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
Knicks claim 6'8 Forward-Guard Derrick Brown from Charlotte. Felton recommended him. Meh I know nothing about him. I hope theres one more move that gets Balkman off the team.

mafra

Legend
Knicks claim 6'8 Forward-Guard Derrick Brown from Charlotte. Felton recommended him. Meh I know nothing about him. I hope theres one more move that gets Balkman off the team.

Guess this is another reason why we let Brewer walk. Where did this come from? Career 30 pct from 3. Avg 3.7 points & 2 rpg this season. Drafted in the 2nd round in '09. Doubt D'ant will ever play him anyway...

Like we need another SF.