Allan Houston comeback is official - signed to contract

metrocard

Legend
First of all, you have no experience or history studying injuries in sports, so shut up.

Secondly, anyone is vunerable to an injury.
You don't KNOW what Houston's workout routine and conditioning has been like these last two years. Don't assume his health is going to be the same because that is a total ASSumption.

Houston is the man, respect the God, He's a Knick God.
Him being back could be one of the best things for this franchise. He could teach our wing players alot on terms of shooting, maturity, leadership, good work ethic, and how to succeed in the NBA. He's the perfect vet for a young team.

Go H20.

Paul1355

All Star
First of all, you have no experience or history studying injuries in sports, so shut up.

You don't KNOW what Houston's workout routine and conditioning has been like these last two years. Don't assume his health is going to be the same because that is a total ASSumption.

Him being back could be one of the best things for this franchise. He could teach our wing players alot on terms of shooting, maturity, leadership, good work ethic, and how to succeed in the NBA. He's the perfect vet for a young team.

Go H20.

Saying all this just proved you lost this argument.

Stop trying to sound smart with the injury knowledge, this guy is a fragile player, period. The last years of his career proved my point.

I know anyone is vulnerable to an injury, you explained this already. I mentioned that Houston had frequent injury problems, that is the difference between him and every "vulnerable" player.

You said don't assume his health will be the same again, your right it is an assumption. To say that he will be fine, like you keep saying, is also a TOTAL ASSUMPTION.

You saying that he is the man, the God....proves you have a bias for Allan Houston.

And your last sentence is something we agree on, I have repeated that I agree with you on him being a leader and teaching the young players and being a solid player....but the starting position is where we differ. You can't trust him yet for that type of responsibility. Whether you are in love with him or not. It's common sense, you don't start a guy coming off years of retirement due to knee surgery.

This argument is over. Try again next time, Metro.

At least if allen houston is back we have 1 thing to look forward to next year, with Marbury gone. What if donnie doesn't sign houston? That would be 2 very bad moves. Buying out marbury and not signing houston. If we do not sign houston and Jamal crawforrd is still on this team i will be angered.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
At least if allen houston is back we have 1 thing to look forward to next year, with Marbury gone. What if donnie doesn't sign houston? That would be 2 very bad moves. Buying out marbury and not signing houston. If we do not sign houston and Jamal crawforrd is still on this team i will be angered.

houston = useless without a penetrating guard or CEnter who cant pass, we will have both wit marbury out of here

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
houston = useless without a penetrating guard or CEnter who cant pass, we will have both wit marbury out of here

what? you have become the worst poster on the site. Your posts no longer make sense. Ever since you had that thread claiming that you wouldnt post here anymore because of team starburys superior status...:lol:

Marbury and Houston >> Duhon and Crawford

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
what? you have become the worst poster on the site. Your posts no longer make sense. Ever since you had that thread claiming that you wouldnt post here anymore because of team starburys superior status...:lol:

u are an idiot, u are metro's biggest fan, u his "yes man",and then u worship a natural born loser in marbury, smh @ you,so right there, u alreay lost in life, alan houston in this time of his career is nothing but a spot up shooter, and how the **** u going have a spot up shooter with out somebody who can penetrate like stephon and have a center who cant pass out the double team???u are an idiot

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
u are an idiot, u are metro's biggest fan, u his "yes man",and then u worship a natural born loser in marbury, smh @ you,so right there, u alreay lost in life, alan houston in this time of his career is nothing but a spot up shooter, and how the **** u going have a spot up shooter with out somebody who can penetrate like stephon and have a center who cant pass out the double team???u are an idiot

Shut the damn heck up

GetRealistic

Starter
Whoa Paul you gotta relax don't you know Metro is an RA at Manhattan University (got swept by Rider last year) studying some sort of physical therapy. Thus he has complete knowledge of anything to do with injuries.

Get The Heck outta here

Paul1355

All Star
Whoa Paul you gotta relax don't you know Metro is an RA at Manhattan University (got swept by Rider last year) studying some sort of physical therapy. Thus he has complete knowledge of anything to do with injuries.

Get The Heck outta here

lol i stated my case.

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/allan_houston_signed_092508.html

Knicks Sign Allan Houston
All-time great to make comeback

NEW YORK, September 25, 2008 ? New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that guard Allan Houston has been re-signed as a free agent.

Originally retiring on Oct. 17, 2005 following training camp three seasons ago, Houston is the team's fourth leading scorer in franchise history during the regular season (11,165) and eighth leading scorer during the playoffs (1,139). Only NBA legends Patrick Ewing, Walt "Clyde" Frazier and Willis Reed have scored more points during their regular season careers with the orange and blue. On Oct. 4, 1999, he was named a team captain, and held that title for six seasons. He was selected to be a member of the 2000 and 2001 NBA All-Star teams and was a member of the Gold medal-winning United States team at the 2000 Summer Olympic Games in Sydney.

On May 16, 1999, the Louisville, KY native authored one of the most memorable shots in club history with a game-winning runner at Miami in the closing seconds of Game Five in the first round of the 1999 NBA Playoffs. After defeating the Heat, the Knicks went on to defeat the Atlanta Hawks in the conference semifinals and Indiana Pacers in the conference finals to make their first NBA Finals appearance since 1994.

Recognized for his work through the "Father Knows Best" program offered under the Allan Houston Legacy Foundation, Houston was recently named as the national spokesman for the National Fatherhood Initiative. Houston will be wearing jersey No. 14 in honor of his father, Wade, one of the first African-American basketball players at the University of Louisville.

"My father has been a great model of a man, and hopefully I can continue to carry what he taught me back to the court with the Knicks. Off the court, this is also symbolic to encourage men to be committed fathers as their role remains one of the most important factors in the lives of our youth."

It's official now

jpz17

Starter
Lot of dramatic stuff, I feel like I'm in junior high again:eek7:

Go H20.

He said it all right there, we need a guy like Allan to bring together this group of 5 year olds, respect the man, hes a legend..

Saying all this just proved you lost this argument.

Stop trying to sound smart with the injury knowledge, this guy is a fragile player, period. The last years of his career proved my point.

I know anyone is vulnerable to an injury, you explained this already. I mentioned that Houston had frequent injury problems, that is the difference between him and every "vulnerable" player.

You said don't assume his health will be the same again, your right it is an assumption. To say that he will be fine, like you keep saying, is also a TOTAL ASSUMPTION.

You saying that he is the man, the God....proves you have a bias for Allan Houston.

And your last sentence is something we agree on, I have repeated that I agree with you on him being a leader and teaching the young players and being a solid player....but the starting position is where we differ. You can't trust him yet for that type of responsibility. Whether you are in love with him or not. It's common sense, you don't start a guy coming off years of retirement due to knee surgery.

This argument is over. Try again next time, Metro.

Right there, your an idiot, because you got proved wrong, but you thought you were right???????? WTF? Man,seems like republicans ALWAYS do that:thumbsup: but! thats insulting what you said, Houston will do great in this, I mean come on, it MIKE D'ANTONI ISN'T IT?!?!?! HES THE BEST COACH FOR A SPOT-SHOOTER.. and we has so many streaky shooters on our team that they will always give the ball to, 1. the guys with the good night, and 2. the guy called ALLAN HOUSTON!!! WE CAN"T DEPEND ON CRAWFORD AND Q! and don't even think about Duhon

you're right, two reasons to not go to the garden this year and only catch an occasional friday night game on MSG, and sit here and talk about next years off-season, but man, think positive, we are New York City aren't we?? We will think of something

NYK=worthless without a guy who can shoot, STFU, YOU DON'T KNOW CRAP! GO BACK TO THE BASICS SON, IT TAKES THE BALL GOING INTO THE HOOP, who on our team can do that?? Q? HECK NO!

co-sign!!!!

no, they just use common sence, get a brain, your username should be "daidiot"

So he is resigned? Okay now we have 17 players....WE HAVE to get rid of 2 guys to play basketball come the first game of the season. The question is which two guys will go.

My guess is that they wil buy out Jerome James and Malik Rose.

Ewing Jr. might end up on d-league, plus there is a guy that will be cut that we just signed... so thats 15. but I hope we cut rose and james just for the heck of it, they are bad for the locker room and the pay-roll...

-----

all right guys, that abouts wraps up my huge post

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
jpz17, please explain to me without any insults cuz thats the only way it seems ya starbarians reply back with:

explain to me how the hell allan houston the spot up shooter now suppose to get wide open jumpshots without a penetrating guard like stephon marbury, or a center who cant pass out of a double like curry?

[B said:
Eddy Currys House Special[/b];64456]Didn't Houston already try to comeback last year?
On a Knick website where bizarro posts are the rule rather than exception this one right here may take the take the cake. Sprewell disliked? By who exactly? Spre by far was the most popular Knick with the fans during his stay here. A liability? He was by far the best all around player on the team always playing the most minutes. Spre was definitely streaky with his shot but he was a far more explosive a scorer than Houston or Ewing. He was also a very smart player with the Knicks, not turnover prone at all and along with L.J. the undisputed locker room leader of the late 90s Knick teams. Just ask Van Gundy about Sprewell.quote]

You're insane. Allan Houston and Patrick Ewing are better than Latrell Sprewell. Houston always shot better fg% than Sprewell, and Ewing is a 50 greatest player.

Wow the bizarro posts, lack of reading comprehension skill and knowledge at knicksonline continues. Sometimes I just think some of you either never watched or are too young to remember the 90s Knicks. During his five seasons here Spre was unquestionably the best player on the team. You abcd, forget that Spre only played with Patrick for two of those years during which Pat was a shell of what he once was. Patrick in those two years usually was the second or third and even on occasion fourth option on offense. Defensively he had lost more than a step and was basically immobile. Centers like Rik Smits would eat him alive. Anybody with half a brain who watched the Sprewell era Knicks knows that he was the best player on that team. The only debate was for the Knicks second best player, which was fought over Ewing, Houston, Camby and L.J.

GetRealistic

Starter
What is the harm of giving him a tryout people. If he can't play we cut him, its pretty simple. And if he is able to contribute we have a proven veteran who can knock down jumpshots. While he may not be near what he was you could always use a shooter on the floor for 15 minutes a night.

Shooters tend to hang around the league for awhile. Just look at Del Curry he played forever.

Also if he did make it would be at the expense of a Rose, James, or Marbury not one of the young kids, I get the feeling unless Ewing Jr looks like absolute garbage he'll get a shot to be on the roster.

The only bad thing about the D league is it still counts against your active roster spots. Which is stupid, you should have 3 available D league spots that don't effect your active roster. This would make the D Leauge more marketable and it would give the NBA an actual minor league system.

jpz17

Starter
jpz17, please explain to me without any insults cuz thats the only way it seems ya starbarians reply back with:

explain to me how the hell allan houston the spot up shooter now suppose to get wide open jumpshots without a penetrating guard like stephon marbury, or a center who cant pass out of a double like curry?

Like I said before... The object of the game is to get the ball through the hoop.. without guys who can shoot (Houston) how the heck will that happen?