any trades you think donnie should make?

metrocard

Legend
Davis is not a SG...

Camby needs to be a Knick already.

Garcia for Nate

Clips got Kaman/Randolph, dont think they would need Camby in the future

Al Harrington
Wilson Chandler

for

Marcus Camby
DeAndre Jordan or Steve Novak

Knicks

Duhon
Garcia
Gallinari
Lee
Camby

6th man
Robinson

Reserves
Richardson
Jefferies

9th man
Jordan or Novak

Last edited:

quiggle

Starter
do you think now might be the right time to trade Chandler or should he be part of 2010 and beyond plans?

smokes

Huge Member
Personally I think we haven't seen even nearly the best of Chandler yet, and he's got a nice amount of cheap contract time left. If we trade him I don't think we'd get proper value since he's been so up and down this season.

Camby would be a dream here, great defensive player that can run the floor well, we could give up pretty much anything for Camby and be improving. As metro said the Clips don't even need him anymore.

Tyson Chandler is also an option, Hornets are in financial hell so they would love a nice juicy expiring. Malik Rose would be our best option. But we don't need Camby and Chandler. Camby we could get without giving up Lee. A Camby/Lee frontcourt is pretty exciting. It also leaves us free to persue Amare with Lee on the table. Amare/Camby frontcourt is even more exciting. It's pretty much a given that Amare is leaving Phoenix, Steve Kerr skirted around it nicely in an interview which makes me think it's gonna happen. The question is, Nets or Knicks, seems like the 2 best options for both parties as Phoenix would obviously rather he came East.

Camby in this system + Amare in this system with a pass first PG is a dream. Gallinari/Chandler/Nate as our other scoring options is not too shabby either.

Trade deadline 9 days away... The suspense is KILLING ME!

Last edited:

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Camby would be a dream here, great defensive player that can run the floor well, we could give up pretty much anything for Camby and be improving. As metro said the Clips don't even need him anymore!

I wonder what Mike would do if Camby landed a right hook on him?

id love to see him back at the Knicks. One of my favourite players when he was here.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I wouldn't trade Lee for Amare, plus he can come as a free agent. I think Lee is a keeper!! He is part of the solution!! We just need a real Center or perhaps keep him at Center and find another PF next year or in 2010.

If the Knicks could get Camby, that would be very good news. Don't know what the Clips would want but Harrington and N8 could be had if they want.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Davis is not a SG...

Camby needs to be a Knick already.

Garcia for Nate

Clips got Kaman/Randolph, dont think they would need Camby in the future

Al Harrington
Wilson Chandler

for

Marcus Camby
DeAndre Jordan or Steve Novak

Knicks

Duhon
Garcia
Gallinari
Lee
Camby

6th man
Robinson

Reserves
Richardson
Jefferies

9th man
Jordan or Novak

I agree with you about 90% I think you can certainley play BD at the SG position in Dantoni's system probably not anywhere else. He's not going to knock down 3's like a true SG, but, neither does our current SG or our past SG. He can post smaller players like Q, but his a lot more effective driving the ball. If given the green light to shoot and drive at will I think he could would put up good numbers, sorta like a bigger version of Nate or Crawford if he played like he had a pair.

Anyways I really wouldnt be for bringing him to our team at any position. Like I said his contract and injuries are scary.

I want Camby back as a Knick just as much. I doubt we could get both he and DeAndre (I proposed the same thing once) I think that The Clips would be even more willing to let go of Camby knowing they have a young player who has the chance to be as good to fall back on.

The problem is Mike Dunleavy knows how bad we want and in a lot of ways need Camby. He is going to play hard ball with us. I would say anyone is fair game, but in my opinion trading Lee for Camby is a latereal movement. We would fill a whole but now have one at the PF postion. If we had another rebounder on the team I would do it in heartbeat. I guess we could slide Al Harrington to the 4 spot.

Duhon
Q
Tim Thomas (still too early to go with Wilson or Gallo as full time starters)
Harrington
Camby

It could work I suppose. Camby can run the pick and roll as good as Lee.

I dont know!

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
trades stick

_______√ictory_______;83587 said:
camby we could probably get for harrington straight up.
New York Knicks

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
125.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Marcus Camby
Salary: $10,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 11.7 REB: 12.8 AST: 2.2 PER: 20.45

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Outgoing Players: Al Harrington
lac.gif
Los Angeles Clippers

<TABLE class=tablehead style="CLEAR: both" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead><TH colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
308.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Al Harrington
Salary: $9,226,250 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 20.2 REB: 6.2 AST: 1.3 PER: 15.54

Outgoing Players: Marcus Camby

and as i said in my trade lee thread,

allow me to quote myself:cool:
Quote:
rumor has it the hornets owner is having financial trouble, which is the reason why their have been the rumors of trading chandler.
i'd trade lee and rose for tyson in a heartbeat.
New Orleans Hornets

739.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Malik Rose
Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.6 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.5 PER: -3.26

</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD width=35>
2772.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.2 REB: 11.8 AST: 1.9 PER: 18.76

Outgoing Players: Tyson Chandler
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

984.jpg
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Tyson Chandler
Salary: $11,350,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 8.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 0.5 PER: 14.18

Outgoing Players: Malik Rose, David Lee

I'd make these trades.:D

No offense, but both these trades stink. Lee and Harrington are both better than T. Chandler. You need to watch Chandler play a little more to realize getting him would be a step back. Making any deal is the Isiah way. Good management will add the right pieces. Good management will determine if Lee can be a piece on a championship team or if he has to be moved to get a championship piece.

New New York

Quiet Storm
_______√ictory_______;83690 said:
i would not trade for davis new new york.

That makes two of us!

Like I said his injuries and his nightmarish contract makes him not an option.

I really was thinking of it as a way to get Camby, but truth be told we can wait until 2010 to get Camby without taking on BD's unmovable contract.

No offense, but both these trades stink. Lee and Harrington are both better than T. Chandler. You need to watch Chandler play a little more to realize getting him would be a step back. Making any deal is the Isiah way. Good management will add the right pieces. Good management will determine if Lee can be a piece on a championship team or if he has to be moved to get a championship piece.
this is not making any deal.
its about defense.
chandler can run the floor like lee.
those buckets that lee gets from duhon would be easy cookies for anybody big enough with good enough hands.
harrington is a gunner.
he and nate think this shit is streetball.
this team would be better without those two,
but since nate is young i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.and lee might better than lee,
but he's a seven footer with good enough skills.
teams have giving away more for less.

That makes two of us!

Like I said his injuries and his nightmarish contract makes him not an option.

I really was thinking of it as a way to get Camby, but truth be told we can wait until 2010 to get Camby without taking on BD's unmovable contract.
i've heard that camby is in an awkward situation in between kaman and randolph.
i think we can accommodate camby.

dave2138

Rotation player
How about this idea I just thought of

Eddy Curry + Jared Jefferies + 1st round pick 2009

for

Joe Smith + Earl Watson + Desmond Mason + 1st round pick 2009 (From San Antonio)

- Why Knicks will do this? To be able to sign both Lee and Robinson long term + 2 FA in summer 2010.

- Why Oklahoma will do this? Their payroll is only at 39 mil next year..and don't have to worry about signing Durant/Green/Westbrook to big contracts for another few years. Curry and Jefferies could be valuable for them next offseason when they only have 1 year left on their contracts to trade for a Zach Randolph type player with a long term team left.

How about this idea I just thought of

Eddy Curry + Jared Jefferies + 1st round pick 2009

for

Joe Smith + Earl Watson + Desmond Mason + 1st round pick 2009 (From San Antonio)

- Why Knicks will do this? To be able to sign both Lee and Robinson long term + 2 FA in summer 2010.

- Why Oklahoma will do this? Their payroll is only at 39 mil next year..and don't have to worry about signing Durant/Green/Westbrook to big contracts for another few years. Curry and Jefferies could be valuable for them next offseason when they only have 1 year left on their contracts to trade for a Zach Randolph type player with a long term team left.
DAVE, nobody is taking fatty mcsnacky snacks.
people keep bringing up trades for curry, but nobody is gonna do us any favors.people should forget about trading eddie this season.it's not happening.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Trading Curry

Victory is plainly right. It will take a miracle to trade Curry this year. He might not even get on the court before the February 19th trade deadline. No one appears to know how bad his knees are. Our only hope is that he can play well enough during the rest of the year that some team in need of a low post presence on offense will be interested before next season. Even then, we will get nothing in return and will probably have to sweeten the deal.

I think we may well be stuck with him and his contract through 2010.

dave2138

Rotation player
I agree its almost impossible to trade him, but if you throw in an exchange of the 1st round picks..maybe it can be done. If Thunder can move up 10 spots in the draft..possibly get another high upside player..I think they would jump on it.

The point is in their perspective they can add the payroll, and would probably benefit from having 2 players in their final years of their contract come 2010/2011 offseasn. They will have 17 mil to offer, its fair to think they can add a good veteran getting paid around 17 mil ..in return of the 2 expiring contracts.

In the Knicks perspective, the only way they can get rid of Curry/Jefferies is giving up 1 of Lee/Robinson/1st round pick. Personally, I'd rather give up the pick because we already know what we have in Lee/Robinson. However, the only way to give up the pick is to get a pick in return because you can't go 2 years in a row without a 1st round pick..

Oklahoma is the only team that has a late 1st round pick for 2009 draft, they have about 25 mil in cap space this off season..and would actually benefit in the long run from a Knicks trade with the extra pick.

Red

TYPE-A
Shaq to the Knicks

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... _new_york/

Shaq Would Welcome Trade To New York:alert::alert::update:

Feb 16, 2009 6:41 PM EST
According to people close to Shaquille O?Neal, the Suns center would welcome a trade to the Knicks if such a deal could be worked out.

O'Neal is due $20 million for the 2009-10 season, but will then become a free agent. A trade would save the cost-conscious Suns, while not interfering with New York's plans for the summer of 2010.

I and others proposed this trade.
Comments welcomed...

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... _new_york/

Shaq Would Welcome Trade To New York:alert::alert::update:

Feb 16, 2009 6:41 PM EST
According to people close to Shaquille O?Neal, the Suns center would welcome a trade to the Knicks if such a deal could be worked out.

O'Neal is due $20 million for the 2009-10 season, but will then become a free agent. A trade would save the cost-conscious Suns, while not interfering with New York's plans for the summer of 2010.

I and others proposed this trade.
Comments welcomed...

Yes I am one of the others who have said this all along!

This deal is a move that gets in the playoff for sure, and we will make some noise while there instead of being 4 and out.

Duhon
Q
Harrington
Lee
Shaq

We can still chuck up 3's and run, but, when that isnt working or when teams or starting to wear done throw it into the Diesel!

Let me just say this...Lee and Shaq frontcourt is monster.

I think Shaq could talk AI into coming here this summer for MLE type money.

Wilson
Steph

for

Shaq

That should get ur done!

The Suns buyout Steph and we see him in Round 1 with Shaq-Fu.

Dolan for sure takes the luxary tax hit for one more year because of the draw Shaq would bring.

quiggle

Starter
lol people still think Kerr will deal with the Knicks. wake up. you'll see Shaq back in LA before coming to the Knicks.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Shaq in this offense? Isn't that like retarded?

There is no question that the deal Marion for Shaq deal affected the Suns negatively. The team who had played up and down for the previous 3 or 4 seasons before Shaq had to adapt on the fly -see my point about major moves taking teams time to gel-. The move took a championship contender and had them out of the first round in the playoffs.

The Knicks arent a championship contender who have to change our style overnight! Shaq will change how we play for sure, but, at 21-31 that is not really a bad thing? We need another option besides running and chucking up 3's. David Lee has been great in his low post development, but, we need something a little more certain.

We will never know how The Suns wouldve been if Dantoni had Shaq from the begining of camp, so it is unfair to say Shaq would "retard" the offense because there just wasnt enough time for the team to gel after losing 1/3 of their Big 3. For sure their style of play changed, but, they couldve been a better team this season for all we know. Not to mention Shaq was coming off an injury last year.

Shaq said he loved the offense. Dantoni said he would do the deal again in a heartbeat. I think the move would work....after all were 21-31 do you really think adding Shaq would make things worst?

New New York

Quiet Storm
lol people still think Kerr will deal with the Knicks. wake up. you'll see Shaq back in LA before coming to the Knicks.

Ok so this is Steve Kerr and owner Robert Sarver to The Suns shareholders.

Steve and Rob: We regret to inform you that we will be paying 15 million in Luxury tax next season for our tanking team in these tough econmic times. We had a chance to cut this 15 million in luxury as well as aditional 20 million in cap, but, we didnt like our trading partner's head coach -you know him well, he is the guy who helped make you all millions year after year- so we passed on the deal. I hope that your other losses in assets in this failing economy arent so bad that you can better absorb yet one more for the sake of hating one of our franchises most successful coaches Mike Dantoni.

Shareholders: Sure Steve and Rob, we get it! Although we're losing millions and our season tickets are projected to hit a new low, we completley understand how important it is to sticking it to our old coach! We have complete confidence in how this team is being run!

The Suns blocked the idea of moving Amare because it would help us too much and would be embarassing to send their best player to their former coach. A deal for Shaq is all about money, making a team better is 50% of a GM's job the other half is balancing the teams budget.

If Kerr wants to something right this season for his boss this would be it! Not trading away Amare