approved!

iJoe

Rotation player
Did JR Smith sleep with Melo's mom? Why is he in such a rush to leave anyway?

The team he'll be leaving in Denver will be about just as good as the Nets.

Think he'll be happy playing under Avery Johnson? If he wants to win then why move? If he wants to be a star, why move so soon to the Newark Nets? This whole thing doesn't make much sense to me.

Paul1355

All Star
NY Post is reporting the same thing.

When was the last time they were BOTH wrong.

Damn. That's a serious blow to the Knicks.

On the bright side, now we can let these kids on our team play without that stupid distraction of a trade proposal everytime they play well.
good point about the distraction being gone...i really think that Donnie doesn't care about this...he loves Anthony Randolph and Gallo too much and is saving his dream team to be 2012 when Chris Paul and Derron Williams are available, because of Felton's 2 year guaranteed contract.

Now some1 from Melo's camp claiming he never agreed to terms on any trade.. I think I'll choose to believe that one. I just don't see why Melo would want to go to the Nets after seeing who would be leaving in a trade with them. Also he's so close to getting his number 1 choice which is us. I don't think there's any stopping him from getting us at this point.

petescud

Starter
If Melo wants to be a loser, then by all means go to the Nets. All he'll have by his side is Lopez. That will get it done....nOTTTT. I don't see him being this stupid just to satisfy his wife's moving to Met City thing, so she can be a star

Melo said its NY or Chicago, and honestly, I think those are his best destinations (although i'd like him here - I don't want to do what the Nets are talking - getting rid of Harris and Flavors and draft picks (come on, for Melo)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean, does Melo want to lose THAT badly? Is he THAT excited about playing in Newark?

People talk about Lopez as if he's amazing, and no doubt he's a good player, but you ahve to remember they were the WORST team in the NBA last year. And they're losing Favors and Harris.

Do you really think Carmelo + that squad the Nets have is anything more than, oh, say, a 30 win team right now?

I doubt it.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean let's REALLY think about it.

Even if we dump Gallo + Randolph + Chandler to get Melo, we still have:

PG - Felton
SG - Walker (excellent from 3 pt)
SF - Carmelo
PF - Amar'e
C - Timofey Mozgov

That's at least a 45 win team if you're REALLY conservative (frankly I think that's easily still a top 4 team in the East), probably a 50 win team.

What are the Nets if they get Carmelo and trade Favors/Harris?

PG - Farmar (LOL)
SG - Anthony Morrow
SF - Carmelo
PF - Troy Murphy
C - Brook Lopez

I dare you to tell me that that's anything more than a 35 win team...

iSaYughh

Starter
I mean let's REALLY think about it.

Even if we dump Gallo + Randolph + Chandler to get Melo, we still have:

PG - Felton
SG - Walker (excellent from 3 pt)
SF - Carmelo
PF - Amar'e
C - Timofey Mozgov

That's at least a 45 win team if you're REALLY conservative (frankly I think that's easily still a top 4 team in the East), probably a 50 win team.

What are the Nets if they get Carmelo and trade Favors/Harris?

PG - Farmar (LOL)
SG - Anthony Morrow
SF - Carmelo
PF - Troy Murphy
C - Brook Lopez

I dare you to tell me that that's anything more than a 35 win team...

Great post. Agree 99%, but 100% in sentiment. You underrwte NJN a bit, IMO, especially from a "how good will they be in a 2-3 year and beyond time window", but nonetheless.

I said it a week ago: Chandler (gone in a year regardless), gallo and AR.

Likely well worth it. You want a contender and titles, and the safest and most assured way to get there...you attain the most safe, likely, proven blueprint with the least question marks:

STAT and Melo. Done and done. Throw in Walker, Douglas, Moz, Jordan..Felton...a **** load of cap AND the NYC-NYK having TWO premier, born to be playing in the garden (super)stars....

Cmon...

The simplest solution is often the best.

Carmelo-STAT-CAPSPACE-2 years of Felton, and a lot of quality, versatile youth....that is a simple, brutally effective blueprint that would be hard to **** up by management or the players.

It can be done this way, too, if we stand pat and continue playing our part in the "No Balls Association", but which is better/more desirable when it comes down to it...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Great post. Agree 99%, but 100% in sentiment. You underrwte NJN a bit, IMO, especially from a "how good will they be in a 2-3 year and beyond time window", but nonetheless.

I said it a week ago: Chandler (gone in a year regardless), gallo and AR.

Likely well worth it. You want a contender and titles, and the safest and most assured way to get there...you attain the most safe, likely, proven blueprint with the least question marks:

STAT and Melo. Done and done. Throw in Walker, Douglas, Moz, Jordan..Felton...a **** load of cap AND the NYC-NYK having TWO premier, born to be playing in the garden (super)stars....

Cmon...

The simplest solution is often the best.

Carmelo-STAT-CAPSPACE-2 years of Felton, and a lot of quality, versatile youth....that is a simple, brutally effective blueprint that would be hard to **** up by management or the players.

It can be done this way, too, if we stand pat and continue playing our part in the "No Balls Association", but which is better/more desirable when it comes down to it...

The Knicks DO NOT have what it takes to get Melo!!!! When Walsh sent our #1 draft picks to Houston to free up extra room, he took us out of any chance to land a super start via a trade. That's why he made the Lee deal with GS, to get assets to trade! Do you really think he really wanted Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike? I can see taking a chance on Randolph for is tiny salary but that Lee trade was all about aquiring what he felt were tradeable assets. The problem is, their value is not enough for Melo or any "super star" type player. They would be good to get a player like Iggy or his caliber; a very good, boarder-line all star player, that is over paid and their team is looking to rebuild and dump their contract.
Listen, if the rumors are true then NJ is GUTTING their roster to get him and even though they are keeping Loopez; has Lopez proved that he is going to be the next dominate big man? I've seen him in person and he's got a looooooong way to go to be the player that some experts feel he can be. So it will be Lopez and Melo.. Then NJ will hope that ehy can make a killer signing during the off season the bring in another player to booster the roster as well as some role players.. If that is the case, he might as well stay in Denver and see what they will do starting next season when all those bad contracts come off the books and they have some cap space to makes some moves.Billups and NENE will still be there are Denver will be able to sign a max salary type player and a some low salary players... I guess I do not think he is going to leave Denver to go to a team that, A - no player ever wants to come too and B- is so far from being a contender even if he joined the squad.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
guess you guys are jumping ship to the BK Nets?

I'll never jump ship. Even if the nets are 75-7 and the knicks are 7-75. But this melo thing makes the ny rivalry interesting... Knicks vs Nets in bragging rights for "NY's better team" kinda like a yankee mets thing.

KBlack25

Starter
The Knicks DO NOT have what it takes to get Melo!!!! When Walsh sent our #1 draft picks to Houston to free up extra room, he took us out of any chance to land a super start via a trade. That's why he made the Lee deal with GS, to get assets to trade! Do you really think he really wanted Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike? I can see taking a chance on Randolph for is tiny salary but that Lee trade was all about aquiring what he felt were tradeable assets. The problem is, their value is not enough for Melo or any "super star" type player. They would be good to get a player like Iggy or his caliber; a very good, boarder-line all star player, that is over paid and their team is looking to rebuild and dump their contract.
Listen, if the rumors are true then NJ is GUTTING their roster to get him and even though they are keeping Loopez; has Lopez proved that he is going to be the next dominate big man? I've seen him in person and he's got a looooooong way to go to be the player that some experts feel he can be. So it will be Lopez and Melo.. Then NJ will hope that ehy can make a killer signing during the off season the bring in another player to booster the roster as well as some role players.. If that is the case, he might as well stay in Denver and see what they will do starting next season when all those bad contracts come off the books and they have some cap space to makes some moves.Billups and NENE will still be there are Denver will be able to sign a max salary type player and a some low salary players... I guess I do not think he is going to leave Denver to go to a team that, A - no player ever wants to come too and B- is so far from being a contender even if he joined the squad.

I don't get why Melo would think Farmar-Morrow-Carmello-Troy Murphy-Lopez and a bench of nobodies has even a puncher's chance in a top-heavy East...It's certainly no better (and probably worse) than his chances of competing in the newly-gutted West.

quiggle

Starter
watch Melo wedding ish with that man looking boar La La and you can see he like the dog on a leash with that skank. she the one probably tellin him to go to Jersey to hook up with the man HOV and get some perks in the hip hop world. she aint playing no blues band with that Dolan owner of yours lol.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Now some1 from Melo's camp claiming he never agreed to terms on any trade.. I think I'll choose to believe that one. I just don't see why Melo would want to go to the Nets after seeing who would be leaving in a trade with them. Also he's so close to getting his number 1 choice which is us. I don't think there's any stopping him from getting us at this point.

Where did u hear this from?

nyk_nyk

All Star

Nice! The longer this takes, the better for the knicks. DEN will eventually have to come down on their demands a bit. This proves that Melo has most of the power in all of this.

Melo will only go where he wants to go, as evidenced by the extend and trade feature. He knows coming to the east means that he will have to battle teams like ORL, BOS, CHI and MIA for a chance at the finals so it only makes sense that he prefers Amare as his running mate.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I always thought it was going to be difficult for ANYBODY to sell Carmelo the "come play in Newark and suck for 2 years until we can sign CP3" package.

Especially in light of the fact that across the Hudson is the greatest city in the world and the best PF in basketball and instead you're stuck in Newark.

iSaYughh

Starter

Teams can change quick when you add a legit superstar in the NBA.

I don't disagree we might not be able to get a deal done as is, but if so, DEN are morons to have such a fetish with random 1st round picks.

Latest reports and they essentially rate a HOU 1st a lot higher than AR. Pure idiocy.

AR + Gallo + Chandler + (Jordan? Two 2nds? Etc)...They are idiots if they stonewall seriously negotiating around that bc it doesn't have The 1st Rounder.

Let's say that is what it is, though. It means we need to be prepared to take the worst of it in getting a 1st, in order to get the best of it in trading with DEN for Melo and capitalizing on their fetish for 1st rounder, and give us a shot at preserving one of the Gallo-AR tandem.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
Playing in NJ will do nothing for Carmelo. It's a shit place to play ball and a pretty obscure location. If we don't get him well whatever. I would rather pick up Chris Paul or Tony Parker and then get some solid consistent players that can start at the two and have some vets come off the bench and give a solid account of themselves.

If we can get Melo dope, but if he wants to get out now and we can't do something because they are demanding too much fine with me too. I would rather have a deep bench to go to rather then a one man show.

Btw when the hell will we ever be able to get a 1st round draft pick again?

XxWinKnicksxX

Benchwarmer
I hope Melo dosent get talked into going to NJ. He knows his heart is in NY just like kobe in L.A. Wade, Lebron IN Miami, Chicago is good, Boston is up there. Who wants to go to NJ when you could go to the Knicks. Thats the thing he wants to go to the Knicks. So I hope he dosent get talked into taking this crappy deal for him. Lopez is a bum. Amare is a man. Case closed

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I don't get why Melo would think Farmar-Morrow-Carmello-Troy Murphy-Lopez and a bench of nobodies has even a puncher's chance in a top-heavy East...It's certainly no better (and probably worse) than his chances of competing in the newly-gutted West.

Aren't they using Murphy's contract to meet the $$$?