• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metrocard

Legend
I can't consider you a Knick fan if.

If you're a JJ Redick fan.
You have man breast.
Or you're obsessed with the midwest.
you never used a metrocard in your life.
You don't get bored watching other NBA teams(I do, only teams I can watch or have interest in are the Knicks, Jets, and Yankees...well baseball is different since I love it so much)

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★

You have man breast.
You don't get bored watching other NBA teams(I do, only teams I can watch or have interest in are the Knicks, Jets, and Yankees...well baseball is different since I love it so much)

I agree 100% if it is not Knicks, Mets, or (Redskins) related I could really care less. I will watch the playoffs but other than that I cant stomach players on other teams...

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
I'd have to agree. If donnie gets it done, and we have 40 some mill cap space, chances are well end up with an all star, or not two to come play in the lights.
And bingo well have a mess full of bandwagoners. Being a knicks fan for life, this would piss me off.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Man, I'm jaded

Yeah well bandwagon fans suck but not like we'll have a choice in the matter. Will be funny to see some of the battles that arise when they arrive :lol:

As long as they're paying for merchandise... Which I'm hoping goes toward team improvements.

pat

Starter
I welcome bandwagon fans because that means the Knicks are good enough to have fake fans.

Exactly. Also if there are fake fans to be milked by the organisation, they should go for it, because if they really manage to attract a major free agent, they earned it.

clumsy

Rotation player
i don't care if there are bandwagon fans the knicks will be watchable which is all i care about. I think it is truly sad that this trade deadline has been the most excitement i have had as a knicks fan since 1999. Even the year we made the playoffs with Marbury we were barely a playoff team....nothing to get excited about.

Growing up in the late 80's, 90's spoiled me

ztheg1

Rookie
been reading forums for a while now this thread made me take action!

Declaring my 10+ years of fan-dom before the greatest team ever is assempbled this summer!

GO KNICKS!

:gony:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

p0nder

Starter
Knicks have always been my team. I don't care about the fair-weather fans all that much. I know the Knicks have a solid following of real fans.

I give it up to everyone here, from jpz to abcd to metro and OG to Kiya, to everyone i've met on these boards. We're all the real deal. Despite differences in basketball philosophy, coaching styles, playing styles, lifestyles, etc we're all true Knicks fans. Suffering through heart wrenching losses and years mediocrity. Terrible management and unrelenting primadonna players with a strange sense of entitlement. Issah "I'm-a-f*ck-me-an-intern" Thomas.

We will be rewarded eventually. It won't be this season and it might not be next season either... but soon we will be rewarded for our faith and relentless support for a club that is well over due for a DYNASTY.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I`ve only been following the game and the Knicks for two years so I`ll declare my support now before the Knicks go nuclear in the off season in case people think I`ve only supported the Knicks because of their "new team". :gony:

jpz17

Starter

You have man breast.

I might be a Duke fan before I'm a Knicks fan. That is a tough one. Has nothing to do with being a loyal Knicks fan though

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
If I have to RE-DECLARE my support to show everyone here I’m a true Knicks fans, then I’ll do it right now.
Reading this damn-good forum since 2002 and registered in 2004. Bleeding Orange&Blue since I’m old enough to understand what basketball is about (early 90s).

Mason, Starks, Houston, Spreewell and… ok I admit Crawford jerseys are hanging up above my head in my room, next to a big photo of Starks’ 93 ? THE DUNK ? moment and next to a photo of Clyde and I taken at the Garden last year.
On my desk I’ve a piece of the Garden floor bought at the Garden 2 years ago.

I spent tons of bucks in flight tickets to cross this damn ocean and come to NY twice during 2 months each time to see almost 20 games.
I was there during the ? dream week ? and the night Kobe scored 61 on us and the Garden starting chanting ? MVP MVP ?, it was the first time I was disappointed by the Mecca, actually kinda chocked, I wondered if this was worth it anymore so I decided not to come this year because of that and also the 1-9 start definitely convinced me too.

Waking up every ****ing night at 2 on the morning till 4.30 to watch garbage bball, never missing a game, even during exams and now that I work every day and even when it was impossible for me in europe to catch knicks games and enduring just the ESPN gamecast thing :s

Staying outside the Garden during hours in the cold weather to catch half a second of D-Lee passing in his Range Rover or Chandee walking to his car… just to see them once more.
Freezing my ass out.

Been suffering since 2001 as a true Knicks fan. So yeah, **** bandwagoners fans. And most of all **** the ones chanting ? MVP MVP ? for an opponent in my house.
The day we are back in serious business nobody will have the rigth to contest my fanship. Even though I’m not a NYer or from U.S. doesn't mean I’m not a true fan.

Thank you guys for sharing this suffering with me. I know I don’t write often but I read you every single day.

GO KNICKS and **** The King if he ain’t coming.

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Bandwagon fans will come thru but they will not stay long on KO, mainly because they won't know much about the Knicks...

LeFlume

All Star
Bandwagon fans are like a bad friend. They will turn their back against you when you need them the most. They're only around when the sun is shining. But when the shit hits the fan - they're nowhere insight. EFF bandwagon fans. We don't need them

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
been a knick fan since 98 when i started watching basketball, loved them all my life and this past decade has hurt, cant wait to see the better days, they're close and i feel it........we should quiz all newcomer fans on the knicks if they fail ban em' keep them band wagoners away

Goodfella

Rookie
been a knick fan since 98 when i started watching basketball, loved them all my life and this past decade has hurt, cant wait to see the better days, they're close and i feel it........we should quiz all newcomer fans on the knicks if they fail ban em' keep them band wagoners away

+1 (10char)

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look I remember the 99 run and all of a sudden we had fans out of the blue!

Dudes who have never stepped foot in NY let a lone MSG! It pissed me off because those were the same dudes talking that year about "Ewing is washed up" "Camby is a bust" "Jeff Van Gundy is only good enough to be an assitiant", it made me sick!

But, let the bandwagon cats jump on. Real recognize Real and they will never get real respect!

What about those posters who have been on hiatus for the past two seasons who are going to now come out of every nook and cranny?

jason

Rookie
wouldn't hating bandwagon fans make you part of a bandwagon as well? also, does join date really separate new fans from old ones? just sayin! i'm on that anti-bandwagon fan as well but i want to hear everyone's responses to these questions!

New New York

Quiet Storm
wouldn't hating bandwagon fans make you part of a bandwagon as well? also, does join date really separate new fans from old ones? just sayin! i'm on that anti-bandwagon fan as well but i want to hear everyone's responses to these questions!

Well put!

Look if the site is taking on more fans then that is great! I imagine Rady will welcom all newcomers to the site.

My concern is those people who never really followed The Knicks until they looked like they were on the path to winning!

What I meant by "real recongnizing real" was that there are going to be fans who literally just followed The Knicks once they landed a superstar.

I also am calling out those who possibly gave up following the squad because we were losing -not that we havent all felt like doing that at some point, but the loyal fans never left-.

But the fans who if I said Sergio Rodriguez reminds me a lot of Jamison Brewer, they would know who I was speaking about -not that they would agree, but they would know who I was comparing him to-

The real fans are the ones who can recall the dead years when our saviors were Frank Williams,Kieth Van Horn,and Antonio McDyess. They remember our off season flirtations with Eric Dampier. They remember the hope that we had when Larry Brown was hired!

We remember the first round playoff sweep that gave us hope, only to see us near the bottom of the Conference the next year!

The real fans can tell you about Maciej Lampe, Mike Sweetney and that tall doofy cat we took in the second round that draft!

We remember the day Isiah took over, we remember everyone of his bad moves from his first that sent Weatherspoon for Hou for Moochie Norris, to his last for Zach Randolph!

We all remember the Anucha Brown Saunders case!

These are the fans that deserve a winner and if you are apart of that bro, then you deserve it too:gony: