Breaking News: Melo to OKC

Broadway

All Star
I still don't get why you keep saying we dealt Melo for a lesser package? Facts suggest otherwise, but I guess you believe there was another offer out there we haven't heard surface yet.

Presti sent Harden to HOU for nothing. Dealt Ibaka to ORL for young assets then flipped those to Indy for a 1yr rental. OKC was supposed to be what GSW are right now.

And, if Paul, Melo, RW all leave after the season.... Geez, OKC would go from having KD, RW, Harden and Ibaka to having nothing.

If that's not desperate, I need that term defined for me then.

The Knicks far from desperate, bc the franchise prints money. Foolish and asinine is why those moves were made -- and all have dolan's stupid fingerprints on them.

I'll agree the Harden situation was maybe Presti's worst moment as an executive but keep in mind Harden was nowhere near accomplished as some of the recent stars who've been traded and Presti got close to the same packages. Needless to say no move he's made since then has been a swing for the fence, he's never mortgaged their future, he rarely overpays except maybe recently with Adams. OKC has never not been relevant since his time there, even with the losses of 2 MVP caliber players. Most GMs would never be capable of surviving what he's been through and if he were on the market right now he'd be the Top exec who could name his price to take over a franchise.

Durant has shown himself to be nothing but a complete ass since leaving so I won't blame him for it. Once again the Harden issue was on him, maybe he could've waited a little longer and got more for him. If this OKC experiment doesn't work, sure he'll take a hit but they are definitely in no worse situation after making these moves with little sweat. If anything it's the potential loss to Westbrook that means everything without the additions of PG13 and Melo. He's been offered a Max extension with a contending team put around him, if WB walks away you gotta question him moreso than anyone else. Matter of fact the ink has dried on current narratives it's on WB to make this work.

mafra

Legend
I'm not ragging on Presti.... he did draft 3 MVP type players. I think he pulled a Pat Riley here and quickly re-invented on the fly.

Presti is already exec of the year,
and bringing in George and Melo is going to be huge. I predict right here and now that OKC will get to the NBA Finals.

I also think OKC's limited resources is why Presti acted preemptively to move away from Harden.... I also think RW stays.... he just seems like that type of guy.

jimkcchief88

All Star
one season of winning and u are the realist... and it was '4' years ago and u should phase it singularly... rather then in the plural ... but ok... tho i do agree with ya we now dont have a legit scorer.. BUT... at some point we have to move on... would we have more wins with Me-Lo... i think yes... is that necessarily a good thing, probably not if u wanta get the highest draft pick... tho with the knicks luck, they can go 0-82 , and not end up with the #1 pick...

Again revisionist history the Knicks made the playoffs the year of the trade and the two seasons after which why I made it plural. My mother is a retired speech pathologist so I don't need language correcting from you. You say you aren't a hater, you can't type Melo without the hyphen. 🤔

Broadway

All Star
Again revisionist history the Knicks made the playoffs the year of the trade and the two seasons after which why I made it plural. My mother is a retired speech pathologist so I don't need language correcting from you. You say you aren't a hater, you can't type Melo without the hyphen. ��

Although Knicks weren't playing their best basketball with all the trade speculation they were by record prior to trade a playoff team(28-26). After trading for Melo the team went 14-14(.500), that's not saying much at all, trying attribute success as you so love to do 'All Hail Melo'. Meanwhile how about you highlight the historic losing with him here.

I know Melo Concubines are dousing their body in oil/lotions and colognes/perfumes ready to credit him with any success OKC may have this yr but as the other side has always said....

IF IT TAKES AN OLYMPIC SQUAD OR MULTIPLE ALL-STAR ALL-NBAers TO PUT AROUND MELO IN ORDER TO WIN, THEN WHY WAS HE EVER BROUGHT TO NEW YORK IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
I was highlighting the fact that you haters forget that any sucess the Knicks have had in last decade involves Melo. And is Basketball a TEAM sport or is this tennis???? Was there a TEAM of 11 other players losing along with MELO along with Rookie coaches and Rookie GM(Fail-Jackson)???? I guess Melo was the ONLY reason for the Knicks recent failures. You haters got your wish and the "cancer ME-LO" is gone. WHO ARE YOU HATERS GONNA BLAME NOW?????😤

Kiyaman

Legend
Again revisionist history the Knicks made the playoffs the year of the trade and the two seasons after which why I made it plural. My mother is a retired speech pathologist so I don't need language correcting from you. You say you aren't a hater, you can't type Melo without the hyphen. 🤔

What u fear to realize were Melo was damage goods before he came to NY.
When Melo left Denver his fellow Denver teammates celebrated and went on a long winning streak to make the playoffs without Melo. Melo career in Denver were a first round playoff team!
Do u recall the Knicks first playoff game having Melo in a Knicks uniform it were against the Boston Big-3 in 2011, the Knicks Billups n Amare took the lead in the first quarter freezing Melo out of the offense throughout the game, plus Billups n Amare held the lead from the first quarter all the way to the final 51 seconds in the 4th quarter of the game when both players Billups n Amare went out with injury leaving the game to EGO-Melo to win or lose having a Knicks 4 point lead and the ball with less than 51 seconds in the game.
Melo missed every shot to let the Celtricks tie the score, at 82 a piece. It was Knicks Toney Douglas who hit a 3-pointer with 39 seconds left that put the Knicks ahead 85-82. Garnett scored on a alley-oop from Rondo, New York led 85-84 before Carmelo Anthony was called for an offensive foul for pushing Pierce with 21 seconds remaining. And Ray Allen 3 point shot finally gave the Celtricks the 85-87 lead. Melo missed the last shot to tie or win .... At that moment u could've envision Melo future as a Knick.

Broadway

All Star
I was highlighting the fact that you haters forget that any sucess the Knicks have had in last decade involves Melo. And is Basketball a TEAM sport or is this tennis???? Was there a TEAM of 11 other players losing along with MELO along with Rookie coaches and Rookie GM(Fail-Jackson)???? I guess Melo was the ONLY reason for the Knicks recent failures. You haters got your wish and the "cancer ME-LO" is gone. WHO ARE YOU HATERS GONNA BLAME NOW?????

Stop inserting the Melo Fan Victimization buzzword and phrases such as "Melo was the ONLY" reason for blame or "Melo was the GM" who put the team together

It's real simple the team wins/loses as a team as in...

Melo became a Knick and we made the playoffs a couple times as a team with him

Melo became a Knick and we had historic losing seasons as a team with him

Stop Ya BOO-HOOIN!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Stop inserting the Melo Fan Victimization buzzword and phrases such as "Melo was the ONLY" reason for blame or "Melo was the GM" who put the team together

It's real simple the team wins/loses as a team as in...

Melo became a Knick and we made the playoffs a couple times as a team with him

Melo became a Knick and we had historic losing seasons as a team with him

Stop Ya BOO-HOOIN!

Of course you never answered the question:"Who are you haters gonna blame now"😳

jimkcchief88

All Star
What u fear to realize were Melo was damage goods before he came to NY.
When Melo left Denver his fellow Denver teammates celebrated and went on a long winning streak to make the playoffs without Melo. Melo career in Denver were a first round playoff team!
Do u recall the Knicks first playoff game having Melo in a Knicks uniform it were against the Boston Big-3 in 2011, the Knicks Billups n Amare took the lead in the first quarter freezing Melo out of the offense throughout the game, plus Billups n Amare held the lead from the first quarter all the way to the final 51 seconds in the 4th quarter of the game when both players Billups n Amare went out with injury leaving the game to EGO-Melo to win or lose having a Knicks 4 point lead and the ball with less than 51 seconds in the game.
Melo missed every shot to let the Celtricks tie the score, at 82 a piece. It was Knicks Toney Douglas who hit a 3-pointer with 39 seconds left that put the Knicks ahead 85-82. Garnett scored on a alley-oop from Rondo, New York led 85-84 before Carmelo Anthony was called for an offensive foul for pushing Pierce with 21 seconds remaining. And Ray Allen 3 point shot finally gave the Celtricks the 85-87 lead. Melo missed the last shot to tie or win .... At that moment u could've envision Melo future as a Knick.
I don't think Melo was damaged goods when he came to the Knicks. I do think some Knicks fans were mad Melo forced the trade instead of waiting until the following summer. Funny the only player/pick we gave up to get Melo that's still in the NBA is Damnphony's godson Gallo. A lot of good he's been for the Nuggets 😂

Kiyaman

Legend
I was highlighting the fact that you haters forget that any sucess the Knicks have had in last decade involves Melo. And is Basketball a TEAM sport or is this tennis???? Was there a TEAM of 11 other players losing along with MELO along with Rookie coaches and Rookie GM(Fail-Jackson)???? I guess Melo was the ONLY reason for the Knicks recent failures. You haters got your wish and the "cancer ME-LO" is gone. WHO ARE YOU HATERS GONNA BLAME NOW?????��

Who do i blame for all the success we had during the Ewing era .. I blame coach Pat Riley n JVG
Who do i blame for taking us to our last FINALS .. I blame Ernie Grunfeld!
Who do i blame for the non-success we had during the Sprewell era .. I blame dum-dum Dolan!
Who do i blame for the 23 win seasons during the Marbury era .. I blame Isiah Thomas!
Who do i blame for the 2010 Plan of tanking 3 seasons in a row .. I blame Donnie Walsh!
Who do i blame for the non-success during the Melo era .. I blame dum-dum Dolan!

Broadway

All Star
Of course you never answered the question:"Who are you haters gonna blame now"

We're going to blame next man up and the youth if they don't deliver. Where have you been all summer? None of us liked the signings of THJR or Baker, we thought the drafting of Knits was predictable-safe, and some of us were warming up to trading #kporzee.

Step out of The La La Land of Melo(pun intended) and maybe you'll see reality

jimkcchief88

All Star
Who do i blame for all the success we had during the Ewing era .. I blame coach Pat Riley n JVG
Who do i blame for the non-success we had during the Sprewell era .. I blame dum-dum Dolan!
Who do i blame for the 23 win seasons during the Marbury era .. I blame Isiah Thomas!
Who do i blame for the 2010 Plan of tanking 3 seasons in a row .. I blame Donnie Walsh!
Who do i blame for the non-success during the Melo era .. I blame dum-dum Dolan!

Like we always say "fish stinks from the head."

jimkcchief88

All Star

We're going to blame next man up and the youth if they don't deliver. Where have you been all summer? None of us liked the signings of THJR or Baker, we thought the drafting of Knits was predictable-safe, and some of us were warming up to trading #kporzee.

Watching baseball all Summer of course...well then just make sure poor as much salt and vinegar all over KP6, THJR, and the rest of this 20 win team...at least I am not in the Knicks market area so it will be easy for me to hit the ignore button.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks were unable to trade Carmelo Anthony to the Cavaliers because they wanted Tristan Thompson in return, and Cleveland wasn't willing to agree to such a deal, reports Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News, citing sources.

The Cavaliers were only reportedly only willing to part ways with Channing Frye and Iman Shumpert, both former Knicks.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Holy cow. Everyone chill out. We haven't even played a preseason game yet.
These cats are throwing some party like this team is actually going to be better this season without Melo. Outside of KP6(maybe), name one other player on this team that is a starter on another NBA roster????There isn't a legit NBA scorer or PG on this roster, but we have 5 centers??? Really??? And all this is a cause for celebration???? Another year of tanking and another rebuild???? Trust me I won't be watching because I can't stand it. Wake me up when this nightmare is over. I might become a Bucks fan for real. Tickets are cheap, I can be there in under an hour, and they are building talent in Milltow with Kiiyamans MVP JKidd coaching. They aren't running elite scorers out of town. You guys enjoy the ****show you begged for this year. It will be well deserved

These cats are throwing some party like this team is actually going to be better this season without Melo. Outside of KP6(maybe), name one other player on this team that is a starter on another NBA roster????There isn't a legit NBA scorer or PG on this roster, but we have 5 centers??? Really??? And all this is a cause for celebration???? Another year of tanking and another rebuild???? Trust me I won't be watching because I can't stand it. Wake me up when this nightmare is over. I might become a Bucks fan for real. Tickets are cheap, I can be there in under an hour, and they are building talent in Milltow with Kiiyamans MVP JKidd coaching. They aren't running elite scorers out of town. You guys enjoy the ****show you begged for this year. It will be well deserved

Whether or not you liked Melo's play with us the last 6 plus seasons, his time with us was going to end one way or another. I'd wait and see how we do on the court before passing judgment. In the Eastern conference, it doesn't take much to play competitively. Maybe this team will surprise everyone this year. At the very least, I think this team will be entertaining to watch with so many young guys looking to stake their claims.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You are right, but the "ding dong Melo is gone" celebration is irritating. The KO.com custom is to throw up an appreciation thread for the outgoing player but no use here because the haters will crap all over it. I dont believe this team will be competitive or fun to watch. We get rid an elite scorer who "doesn't play defense" for two benchwarmers that are literally the worst defensive players at their positions. How is that better???? The NBA schedule makers are cruel as we open against those same Thunder who fleeced us. "Hoodie Melo" will have a chip on his shoulder and the Thunder might beat us 50 on opening night and that's what everyone is looking forward to????

paris401

Starter
You are right, The KO.com custom is to throw up an appreciation thread for the outgoing player

ok let me start by giving belated thanks to the following players whom have not gotten enough credit for our ''successes'' (i made it plural for you Jim)

earl barron
solomon jones
james white
thanasis antetokounmpo
ricky ledo
travis wear
earl clark
toure murry
chris smith
jeremy tyler

and ofcourse metta world peace... and thats what we need more of...peace...