chad fraud's chat today.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
I just wish there was still some way we could get Ricky Rubio. Him and Lee would run the pick and roll to perfection and I don't think anybody could stop it.

By the way, Rubio has been playing well for FC Barcelona. His last game he had 14pt- 10ast- 4stl.

Man.. How is the atmosphere at the games over there? Euro fans are nucking futs. And you can see the advantage of athletic bigs on a smaller court.

Rubio's new contract is 6 years! That's a tough buy out. David Kahn is such a prick for signing him and Flynn. What was he thinking? It's gotta be personal between him and Donnie doesn't it? He makes me wanna use the "c word".

I must be months too late for that conversation on here. Ha ha.

Ricky Rubio's defense is similar to Ginobili's in regard to that Euro savvy and cunning. In the Olympics, his help d was exemplary. His passing/awareness is world class as well.

Wit, defense, pass first >>> Jack shots, over dribble, gamble defense.

I see a lot of the latter in the NBA. And though I'm a fan, I gotta say that sums up Nate a lot of the time.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
:2cents:Has any one thought of Rudy Gay? He will b available as a RFA this offseason, nd could b a great sidekick, if we were to get a big name, or part of a bigger core. he's pretty versatile...can play the 2 or the 3. and a huge positive is that we can sign and trade for him, which would preserve cap space

Can't deny I've had gay thoughts on numerous occasions.... HAHAHAaaaaaa!

Funny stuff....

But seriously, yes ,Rudy Gay is absolutely worth some plotting by Donnie. He's an excellent player with room to elevate his game.

Another player that I think is worth a look is Brendan Haywood of the Wizards to fill our void at the 5. Particularly on defense. I don't think he gets enough recognition for his efforts without the ball. He is an UFA this year too.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Can't deny I've had gay thoughts on numerous occasions.... HAHAHAaaaaaa!

Funny stuff....

But seriously, yes ,Rudy Gay is absolutely worth some plotting by Donnie. He's an excellent player with room to elevate his game.

Another player that I think is worth a look is Brendan Haywood of the Wizards to fill our void at the 5. Particularly on defense. I don't think he gets enough recognition for his efforts without the ball. He is an UFA this year too.

Rudy Gay is a good player whose maturity has grown. He and Josh Smith have been two guys that have grown so much more than just their stats in this year. That being said we should NOT overpay Rudy Gay. He'll want big bucks, which we just can't afford to give him. So it is worth taking a look at him, I just dont expect anything to come to fruition

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
I hope he's right about this and knows something we don't. I just have the feeling Donnie has a one-track mind right now.

There are benefits of scrapping the 2010 plan. We have many very valuable expiring contracts right now. Players like Kirk Hinrich, Monta Ellis, Caron Butler, Antwan Jamison, Kevin Martin, Emeka Okafor, Al Jefferson and others are available to us if we commit to the fact that Lebron is not coming.

Plus, with this strategy, we can retain the Bird Rights of Lee and Harrignton and resign them without worrying about the cap. Also, the MLE and Bi-Annual would be available to us to sign other players (JJ Reddick, Jason Kapono or others) to complete the roster.

I would commit to him not coming and taking your route. Look, the Cavs have Mo Williams (tad better than Duhon), Varejao, Shaq and IIgaus splitting the 7ft role with 20 minutes each, and Anthony Parker. Better 3 pt shooting team than the Knicks and I will take these players over anything that New York has on their team now (per position). So if you get James, your going to have the same problem the Cavs have, it's not enough. Putting 3-4 great players (maybe second tier for 2010), is going to be better than getting James. Where have the Cavs ever gone? Oh ya, the won the East with Larry Hughes playing point guard once. It sounds good, but if you watch James, he is still playing St. Mary's St. Vincents ball, one on five, though he is learning he is never going anywhere until he has a cast like the Lakers, or aging San Antonio and/or possibly Denver. One guy will not do it, unless our top ten draft pick Jordon Hill emerges off the pine who's taking the wrap for that bust pick, 6 years of ball since high school, one year not allowed to play because of grades in high school. No contribution to a team being a top ten pick? It's going to take your suggestion, not one superstar with what is on the team now, and who wants them if they are under contract anyway?:afro:

Hitman

Benchwarmer
I hope he's right about this and knows something we don't. I just have the feeling Donnie has a one-track mind right now.

There are benefits of scrapping the 2010 plan. We have many very valuable expiring contracts right now. Players like Kirk Hinrich, Monta Ellis, Caron Butler, Antwan Jamison, Kevin Martin, Emeka Okafor, Al Jefferson and others are available to us if we commit to the fact that Lebron is not coming.

Plus, with this strategy, we can retain the Bird Rights of Lee and Harrignton and resign them without worrying about the cap. Also, the MLE and Bi-Annual would be available to us to sign other players (JJ Reddick, Jason Kapono or others) to complete the roster.

Are you serious? Scrap the 2010 plan to get Antawn Jamsion & Kirk Henrich & Emeka Okafor? Re-sign Harrington?

Is this Isiah?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Are you serious? Scrap the 2010 plan to get Antawn Jamsion & Kirk Henrich & Emeka Okafor? Re-sign Harrington?

Is this Isiah?

You would rather have Duhon, Lee and Harrington resigned next year? That is what's going to happen.

If Jeffries and Curry are not traded nobody is coming to the Knicks. There is not enough cap space. The deadline is a month away and there has been zero interest in Jeffries.

We're screwed if nothing is done. Don't you see that?

smokes

Huge Member
Man.. How is the atmosphere at the games over there? Euro fans are nucking futs. And you can see the advantage of athletic bigs on a smaller court.

Rubio's new contract is 6 years! That's a tough buy out. David Kahn is such a prick for signing him and Flynn. What was he thinking? It's gotta be personal between him and Donnie doesn't it? He makes me wanna use the "c word".

I must be months too late for that conversation on here. Ha ha.

Ricky Rubio's defense is similar to Ginobili's in regard to that Euro savvy and cunning. In the Olympics, his help d was exemplary. His passing/awareness is world class as well.

Wit, defense, pass first >>> Jack shots, over dribble, gamble defense.

I see a lot of the latter in the NBA. And though I'm a fan, I gotta say that sums up Nate a lot of the time.

His contract is 6 years but he has an option after 2 years to return to the NBA. So in 2011 he'll be available to the Wolves again.

You would rather have Duhon, Lee and Harrington resigned next year? That is what's going to happen.

If Jeffries and Curry are not traded nobody is coming to the Knicks. There is not enough cap space. The deadline is a month away and there has been zero interest in Jeffries.

We're screwed if nothing is done. Don't you see that?

Well LJ, we might just have to wait for 2011. The key to rebuilding sometimes is outright patience, we might have another season of sucking to wait through but by 2011 we could trade Jefferies/Curry's expirings for decent players and sign Melo or whoever else is available in 2011. I guess by the trade deadline we will know if we're going all out for 2010 or not.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Well LJ, we might just have to wait for 2011. The key to rebuilding sometimes is outright patience, we might have another season of sucking to wait through but by 2011 we could trade Jefferies/Curry's expirings for decent players and sign Melo or whoever else is available in 2011. I guess by the trade deadline we will know if we're going all out for 2010 or not.

If we were not going to go all out for 2010 then we should have just kept Crawford and Z-Bo. Their contracts expire in 2011 too. And we would have at least had a team competing for the playoffs last year, this year and next year. Instead, we got crap for 3 years and the same outcome.

smokes

Huge Member
If we were not going to go all out for 2010 then we should have just kept Crawford and Z-Bo. Their contracts expire in 2011 too. And we would have at least had a team competing for the playoffs last year, this year and next year. Instead, we got crap for 3 years and the same outcome.

Agreed but can't really blame Walsh for not foreseeing that Curry would be sitting on his ass for another 2 years doing jack shit. At least we got Jefferies at high trade value right now you could easily see him fitting into a contender as a defensive role player and making an impact.

I'm not exactly high on the idea of waiting for 2011, it's pretty much a given that whoever gets Lebron will almost certainly win a championship in the next few years, but it's looking like the fall-back plan at the moment.

I noticed a lot of people not willing to take on Arenas, and I'd be cautious about it too, but he is a good player. Paired with Lebron he'd be even more effective imo as he wouldn't have so much ball handling pressure where he can falter sometimes. If we could get him for our own contracts that run into 2011 I'd be up for it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Agreed but can't really blame Walsh for not foreseeing that Curry would be sitting on his ass for another 2 years doing jack shit. At least we got Jefferies at high trade value right now you could easily see him fitting into a contender as a defensive role player and making an impact.

I'm not exactly high on the idea of waiting for 2011, it's pretty much a given that whoever gets Lebron will almost certainly win a championship in the next few years, but it's looking like the fall-back plan at the moment.

I noticed a lot of people not willing to take on Arenas, and I'd be cautious about it too, but he is a good player. Paired with Lebron he'd be even more effective imo as he wouldn't have so much ball handling pressure where he can falter sometimes. If we could get him for our own contracts that run into 2011 I'd be up for it.

True. Hindsight is 20/20. But I still think we can trade Jeffries AND Curry. It just depends on how much we want to give up. We have two 2nd round 2010 draft picks, expiring contracts and some talent. A deal can always be done.

Enough of this pussy-footing around. If we're going to go all out for 2010, then let's do it right. Curry + Harrington (or Lee) + Chandler + a 2012 unprotected 1st round pick should be enough to move Curry. Jeffries + Nate + one of our 2nd round picks for this year should be enough to move Jeffries.

Either really go all out for 2010 or go with Plan B. We have 1 month to make or break this franchise.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
True. Hindsight is 20/20. But I still think we can trade Jeffries AND Curry. It just depends on how much we want to give up. We have two 2nd round 2010 draft picks, expiring contracts and some talent. A deal can always be done.

Enough of this pussy-footing around. If we're going to go all out for 2010, then let's do it right. Curry + Harrington (or Lee) + Chandler + a 2012 unprotected 1st round pick should be enough to move Curry. Jeffries + Nate + one of our 2nd round picks for this year should be enough to move Jeffries.

Either really go all out for 2010 or go with Plan B. We have 1 month to make or break this franchise.

Put yourself in another teams shoes, then ask do I want Curry (read off court news), do I want Chandler (maybe, probably one to keep though), do I want Jeffries (not a big demand there), do I want Lee (big demand there, he just burned the Knicks with the season alreay, playing as a center and he is only 6' 7", maybe and extra 3/4 inch, but not 6'9". You don't it a growth after the combines when you play 4 years of college ball.
I agree with most the post above, this only starts to turn next year, this team is going to take at least 2-3 years and with this economy, corporate sponsorship, corporate back outs on suites, your not going to see teams spend all the money on these players as everyone thinks. Memphis is a team that did it right, if they keep this group, they did it inexpensively and locked them down. They only brought A.I. in because the owner's wife like his game (no B.S.). He was gone in what, 4 weeks, because what they have is better with no mileage.

You put 10-12 years and minute miles on an NBA's player's knees, ankle's and feet, watch how the dunks drop, the drives, the box outs. Sure, there is a freak here and there that can take it through the thirties, Mutumbo, Nash.....etc. etc, but they are rare, very rare and can blow at any minute. That is why Cleveland is only playing Shaq twenty minutes, come playoffs, his game is sharp, back to 35 minutes and the run for the title. Hughes won't dunk anymore, you can watch a lot of players. Save my body, extend my career years in the NBA? Would you do it? I would.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer

Again, I've gotta agree. If we're taking the tunnel vision stance on the master plan, then Donnie really should throw some scenarios at other teams. And the clock is ticking.

Jefferies, I wouldn't mind so much if he were to stay. He's severely lacking in skill but makes up for it with "the intangibles" as Clyde loves to say.

Curry, on the other hand, is an abomination. I would put Chandler and Lee in as I've said to be rid of him. Even throw in one of those picks.

I'd love to keep Lee and pair him with a real center. I think we'd have our most productive front court since Camby and Thomas. But obviously in order to raise a toast to Curry's exit, it'll cost us a key piece.

No doubt that'll be our best player.....
528c3c6ae410db7ce8d3cf91b86d66d5-getty-90043216ae013pistons_knicks.jpg

F#cking Isiah....