Chandler traded to OKC

nope... with this trade, New Orleans gets rid of the long term deal of Chandler (he's got $13 million for 2010-2011) for two deals that expire this summer.

they basically gave up on the playoffs because they had to cut the luxury tax exposure.

the only way we couldve gotten in on that deal wouldve been to take Peja's long term deal... which wouldve fukked up our 2010 plans.
not necessarily. if we gave them lee and rose, the numbers would match up.

portega1968

El Cacique
_______√ictory_______;84803 said:
not necessarily. if we gave them lee and rose, the numbers would match up.

true

but without getting rid of Jeffries or Curry ASAP, that wouldve tanked our 2010 plans until we could trade them.

smokes

Huge Member
I bet Chris Paul is not so happy about his contract extension now, could have gone into 2009 FA pool and made a contender into a championship team, now he's stuck in NO til 2012.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Sorry, how do i edit the title of this thread to say Tyson Chandler. i Didnt think about the misunderstanding that just saying Chandler would bring.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
SMH at this thread. Not Knicks related...plus you should have put TYSON chandler on the title.

Who gives a shit about what okc did...

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Sacto is our only true trading partner right now. We can give them Jeffries and rose, or marbury, and get some decent players back from them, and they'll expire before 2010

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
SMH at this thread. Not Knicks related...plus you should have put TYSON chandler on the title.

Who gives a shit about what okc did...

Everyone else who has responded to this thread cares. They care because he is a player Knick fans wanted, so to me its knick related.
My bad on the thread title.

we should try and trade 1 st round picks with them.they're probably not stupid enough though.it would be pretty phunking depressing if we traded picks and our pick won the lottery.

portega1968

El Cacique
Sacto is our only true trading partner right now. We can give them Jeffries and rose, or marbury, and get some decent players back from them, and they'll expire before 2010

thats the problem bro... Sacramento needs to shed salary to avoid a luxury tax... therefore, they're are not gonna want to take Jeffries or Curry unless we take back a longer term deal.

portega1968

El Cacique
Can we work something out where we get Garcia? He has like 3 years left i think.

Garcia has five years left.. but at a salary of less than $2million this year, he's very cheap and personally I like his game (he scores, he steals, he blocks... the definition of a blue collar player!!!). So his 5 years at that price are attractive IMO.

But, it doesnt make sense for them to take on the bigger deals of Jeffries or Curry unless we take back the 4years left on Beno Udrih in addition to Garcia. That deal would not help our 2010 plans either.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Garcia has five years left.. but at a salary of less than $2million this year, he's very cheap and personally I like his game (he scores, he steals, he blocks... the definition of a blue collar player!!!). So his 5 years at that price are attractive IMO.

But, it doesnt make sense for them to take on the bigger deals of Jeffries or Curry unless we take back the 4years left on Beno Udrih in addition to Garcia. That deal would not help our 2010 plans either.

True. That makes sense.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
ive been on the thunder bandwagon for a while. they def arent makin the playoffs next year but maybe 2 years from now. the hornets shud have gotten more for him, but oh well, as long as cp3 is there they'll be a playoff team.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
i almost had a heart attack when i saw this thread. i thought it was regarding wilson chandler. i forgot about this trade going down earlier

i wouldnt chandler anyway

the guy is a hell of a rebounder and defensive presence but hes making like 10 mill a year. definitely not worth that much with no offensive game. his offensive game consist of 3 chris paul alleys a night. plus its not like hes a game changing defender how ben was on detroit to even justify that salary