Votes: 19 73.1%
  • Chicago

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Orlando

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
We can realistically be the fifth, sixth, or seventh seed in the east. Who knows what'll happen. But your best case scenario, Do you wanna play miami, chicago, or orlando in the first round?

Miami- Big 3. 2-2 in season series. Not clutch at all. Lack of depth. Inexperienced coach who can't control his players. We have to win in 6 or miami wins in 7

Chicago- Derrick Rose, Playing better then anyone in the league. Dude wants to finally get out of the first round. Boozer in the post and Noah being healthy means rebounds and defense. 2-0 in the series so far. One left. But they didn't have Boozer in one and Noah in the other. But then again.. we didn't have melo/Billups. I think it'll be a amazing series that would come out in 7 games. Can't predict that one.

Orlando- Nobody on this team can stop Howard. Plus they're extremely deep. What other team would have Arenas come off the bench? Plus we're 0-2 so far. 2 games left.
Honestly, I don't want to see this team in the playoffs. Hopefully atl takes them out so if we get through the first round we'll pass them. Dwight shows that he can take care of this team every time. Puts STAT in foul trouble and they're strong in every position, except back up center.... I think they'll win in 5 or 6 in that one.

Which would you want in the 1st round?

I want the 5 seed & Orlando. If we catch ATL, chances are; the Knicks got hot as hot can be heading into the playoffs.

Dwight Howard is the best big man in the game today, dominates like never before... But come playoff time, ALL of our Big's in Amare, Turiaf, Jeffries & Brown will give it all they have against Dwight. We'll foul him often, & we'll foul him hard. He's not the greatest @ the line either. I know & understand Orlando is deep depth wise, but Dwight is a one man wrecking crew. Slow down, or even contain Dwight; & the Knicks take em out during the playoffs.

With us as the 5 seed; ATL then becomes the team I pull for in terms of beating the Celtics, Heat or Bulls. This ATL team can pull off an upset, they took Boston 7 games not long ago.

gmpknick

Benchwarmer
We can realistically be the fifth, sixth, or seventh seed in the east. Who knows what'll happen. But your best case scenario, Do you wanna play miami, chicago, or orlando in the first round?

Miami- Big 3. 2-2 in season series. Not clutch at all. Lack of depth. Inexperienced coach who can't control his players. We have to win in 6 or miami wins in 7

Chicago- Derrick Rose, Playing better then anyone in the league. Dude wants to finally get out of the first round. Boozer in the post and Noah being healthy means rebounds and defense. 2-0 in the series so far. One left. But they didn't have Boozer in one and Noah in the other. But then again.. we didn't have melo/Billups. I think it'll be a amazing series that would come out in 7 games. Can't predict that one.

Orlando- Nobody on this team can stop Howard. Plus they're extremely deep. What other team would have Arenas come off the bench? Plus we're 0-2 so far. 2 games left.
Honestly, I don't want to see this team in the playoffs. Hopefully atl takes them out so if we get through the first round we'll pass them. Dwight shows that he can take care of this team every time. Puts STAT in foul trouble and they're strong in every position, except back up center.... I think they'll win in 5 or 6 in that one.

I'd hope for Chicago....They have the great defensive ability, and a big frontcourt...but, they lack the outside shooting the other teams can bring.

I'd go this way..
CHicago, (Not a big scoring team)
Miami, No bench at all...and a coach who is on eggshells.
Orlando...(don't like this matchup at all) to many shooters.

jpz17

Starter
I think Miami because I think we can upset them just from the circumstances. LeBron didn't come to New York, the Garden would be PUUUUUUMPED. Melo and Amare would be madly motivated... the pressure (massive) on Miami.

with Orlando I don't think many would pay attention to it so I don't think we could have that same motivation. With Chicago, their D would shut us down in the first round. now if we face Chicago in the second round and have momentum, then we can be a threat

I'd rather play Boston before Chicago as of right now. Boston losing Perkins could end up haunting them during the playoffs. Garnett, Pierce & Allen aren't getting any younger either. I love Melo against Pierce @ SF. I love Stoudemire against Garnett @ PF & I know Billups will compete against Rondo. Allen is their only advantage, but I'm confident Fields & Douglas can man up on Allen & at lease press him on defense. They have a great bench, but our bench is pretty solid. I'm not so sure Boston could stil with us during a 7 game series; especially if we play with heart & energy on defense.

Chicago has a very strong if not great front line with Boozer & Noah. Those dudes rebound with the best of em. They play a stout defense & Rose is a nightmare: dude is the best PG in all of basketball right now.

I'd rather play Boston before Chicago as of right now. Boston losing Perkins could end up haunting them during the playoffs. Garnett, Pierce & Allen aren't getting any younger either. I love Melo against Pierce @ SF. I love Stoudemire against Garnett @ PF & I know Billups will compete against Rondo. Allen is their only advantage, but I'm confident Fields & Douglas can man up on Allen & at lease press him on defense. They have a great bench, but our bench is pretty solid. I'm not so sure Boston could stil with us during a 7 game series; especially if we play with heart & energy on defense.

Chicago has a very strong if not great front line with Boozer & Noah. Those dudes rebound with the best of em. They play a stout defense & Rose is a nightmare: dude is the best PG in all of basketball right now.

That's like saying you'd rather play the Red Sox instead of the Rays. Sure, the Bulls are looking good, but they're too young and inexperienced to be very effective in the playoffs. I'd take Chicago.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
That's like saying you'd rather play the Red Sox instead of the Rays. Sure, the Bulls are looking good, but they're too young and inexperienced to be very effective in the playoffs. I'd take Chicago.

I agree, Chicago cant put up the points the other teams do, even with their defense we can outscore them. Miami would be the other obvious choice because they cannot stop STAT, and billups has the advantage all day. Orlando is the last choice of the three teams simply because of dwight, he causes problems defensively and offensively plus he kicks out of double teams well. They have shooter all over te court.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Orlando has too much size for us, they would likely beat us in 6 with them beating us the first two games considerably and us swapping wins and losses to end the series.

Orlando wins 4-2

Mia. vs. The Knicks will have a lot of build up, but truth be told I think Mia. would be more motivated. Would be a more competetive series than Orlando, but ultimately we lose in 6 just the same. Series would likely have them win 2 at home, then we win two at home and then they win two hard fought games to close it out.

Mia. Wins 4-2

Chicago is ideal (and not just because we have beat them twice) because I think we match up well with them.

While Rose will throughly outplay Chauncy, Billup's experience would propel us in the close games. We will get killed on the boards, but there lack of experience in coaching and leadership would lead them to play our type of game as oppossed to the grind it out defense geared games they are used to. Win or loss the series goes 7 tho.

Knicks 4-3

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
I want miami. They will choke royally under the pressure. the knicks heat rivalry will be re ignited. Every single game of the series will be a knicks home game. just imagine lebron going to the free throw line being booed in his own building in the playoffs by all the knicks fans in south florida just like in the game last sunday. im salivating at the prospect of playing the heat in the first round. and I honestly we think that they are the team we have the best shot of beating between orlanda miami boston and chicago. We both don't have size, so it will come down to which team's big three can score the most, and which team can handle the immense pressure. The knicks won't have any pressure on them, the heat on the other hand will be playing with more pressure to win in a first round series than any team in recent memory. I can see this series coming down to a final deciding game just like those classic heat knicks series.

I don't think we have any chance against boston unless they get extremely banged up. And I just dont see us beating chicago, I can see a competitive 6-7 game series but I dont think were there yet, but who knows, Im excited to see what rhythm this team is in at seasons end.

Honestly... A Miami series would feel like the 90's all over again. I miss the days of the 90's so I'd love that series. I like how they don't have any talented big men other than Bosh, question marks surrounding the PG position & our bench is actually much deeper than the bench of MIA. I like our chances.

With all that said, as a fan, my goal is to see the Knicks hot as hot can be heading into the playoffs. Which means; the 5 seed & Orlando is what & who I want. We played ORL tough & had them beat by 11 heading into the 4th. That was only our 4th game since the trade. No time to gel. If we get hot heading into the playoffs... We eliminate Orlando.

GoNYK127

Benchwarmer
I do not want to play Orlando. We have absolutely no body on our roster who can stop Dwight without getting into foul trouble. Ideally, I would like to play Miami or Chicago. If we ended up with Miami, I could definitely see us beating them in 5 or 6, but if gets to game 7, I'd get a little worried.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Miami (preferred opp.) We matchup well and have roughly the same squad (but a better bench). I also like what was said about the exp. level of their coach. He is even having a hard time explaining the reasons behind their recent troubles (ie the cryin game)...pause...nohomo

Chicago (second best option) We have played them well this year and with our revamped team this looks even more promising. We will loose the battle of the boards but just like the bulls of old if we can contain Rose we can win this battle...despite Boozer and Noah.

Orlando (tough to matchup against) I worry about this but my mind may change after we play them again (we still have 2 more). Superman won't be stopped but the keys will be Nelson vs. Billups and Hedo who didn't play last game (double tech). D them up and maybe we get a better chance. As good as Supes is he cannot win a game all by himself!

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer

Great breakdown, I basically agree with everything you posted. Based on records and matchups I would take Miami or Chicago as we have NO Answer for Dwight Howard. Between Chicago and Miami i am more scared of Chicago.

D-Rose will give Billups and Douglas headaches, and Noah's presence will give them an advantage on the glass. I also see them as a far more cohesive team then the Heat.

I am hoping we face the Heat for a couple of reasons. I think we matchup well considering Billups can keep with Bibby and we both lack Size. Melo is 10-4 against Lebron's teams and clearly plays with a chip on his shoulder when he matches up with Lebron. Amare is far more effective against the heat then the Magic as well. We also have proven that we can beat the heat in the clutch as Billups. Amare and Melo are way better in crunch time the Bosh and LeBron. Finally this would reignite an awesome rivalry despite who comes out on top.

p0nder

Starter
I think we match up best with Chicago. Worst with orlando. Miami is a very winable series, but i'd still rather the bulls.

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
After watching the heat tonight, its becoming increasingly clear that this team does not have what it takes, they aren't physically tough, they aren't mentally tough, they are the opposite of clutch, they have ZERO swagger, and they are poorly coached. It's simply fate that we will meet up with the Miami heat and beat them in the first round as a mercy execution to put them out of their misery.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Knicks Heat baby. Lets kick start this rivalry back up. As I witnessed the Heat's 5 game slide with a loss tonight against Portland- It's truth, the Heatles choke under pressure. We can beat these guys in 5.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JD6eqP_y9kw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5:00 is truly jizz-worthy.

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, according to me it doesn't really matter against who will we be playing in the 1st round, even Bulls or Heat will be no walk in the park. There is still 19 games left and all we ought to care about is try to win the games we're supposed to, catch the Hawks and take over the 5th seed, especially that Atlanta has much more complicated schedule than we do. We're just 2.5 game behind them and tonight we can make it a 1.5 game chase.