Couldn't have asked for better result

Blas

Benchwarmer
According to Mike and Mike,

Owner of the Cavs issued a statement saying there will be no sign and trades with Lebron. If he walks, then they are letting him walk.

Not saying this will change, but that is the stance currently.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Three teams that I couldn't care about on the East

Hey, isn't this what happened last year, sans the buzz about LeBron? (And a chance the Suns might top the Lakers in... oh, who am I kidding.)

p0nder

Starter
I now know the meaning of the phrase "Bitter Sweet" I wanted lebron to lose this year, but i hate seeing the celtics move on. All we can hope is that LeBron comes to NYK's and looks to destroy the Celtics in every game.

nyk_nyk

All Star
James quickly removed his jersey as he exited the court into the tunnel.
I went crazy when I heard the Celts fans chanting "NY Knicks...NY Knicks". That was the coolest sh*t ever!

It was very weird how the Cavs basically stopped playing with under a minute left in the game. They were going to lose anyway but you rarely see a team call it quits like that unless its like a few seconds left.

I truly believe LJ is moving on but I'm not totally sold on NY just yet. He gives subtle indications that he will not return to CLE but isn't giving away anything as to where his next destination is.

There's actually an interesting report on ESPN about his future.

Trying To Figure Out LeBron's Future
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com

BOSTON -- So which LeBron James do you want to believe?

The LeBron who said he hasn't given much thought to what he's going to do with his future?

Or the LeBron who said "my team has a game plan"?

Because James said both of those things after finally making his way to the interview room more than an hour after the Cavaliers' season came to a swift and stunning end with a 94-85 loss to the Boston Celtics in Game 6 of their Eastern Conference semifinal.

Myself, I'll go with the LeBron behind Curtain No. 2, and beyond that I'll only go so far as to say I believe he has played his final game for the Cleveland Cavaliers. It's been seven long years for James in Cleveland, and as Kevin Garnett pointed out, it's hurtful at times when you cannot get your youth back.

And the crossroads James now finds himself at is the one at which he chooses between staying in the state where he was born and raised, the state where he was loved like no other professional athlete Ohio had ever produced, or moving on to the next stage of his life, the stage where he breaks beyond the boundaries that have confined him to a Midwestern comfort zone and goes on to bigger and better things.

Chicago? Miami? New York?

Could be any one of those three, and whoever knows exactly what details Team James' game plan entails isn't yet spilling those beans.

Celtics fans certainly had fun letting James know their prediction, chanting "New York Knicks" whenever he stepped to the foul line on a night when his triple-double of 27 points, 19 rebounds and 10 assists was buttressed by his nine turnovers.

James did not speak to the specifics, whether pro or con, of playing in any of those cities -- or even the possibility of remaining in Cleveland.

What he said he'd do is go into the summer with the proper mindset, something I asked him to define in the final question he took in his postgame news conference.

"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

James also was asked what he could say to the people in Cleveland, and it was noteworthy that he used the past tense in saying "We had a great time together."

Great, at least, until they booed him Tuesday night in the disappearing act that'll go down as the LeBacle.

James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh have already acknowledged they plan to speak together and go over the options they will be presented with in the biggest free-agency period in NBA history, and James' acknowledgement that he has a "game plan" is an indication that things may be farther along than most people realize.

The latest talk making the rounds regarding Chicago is that the Bulls could be the best fit because they already have a top-tier point guard in Derrick Rose and an athletic big man in Joakim Noah, plus they have a coaching vacancy that could conceivably end up being filled by John Calipari, who is extremely close to both Rose and James confidante William Wesley. The Bulls did make a head-scratcher of a trade when they gave away John Salmons and their No. 1 pick to Milwaukee at the trading deadline, but the deal gave them the flexibility to have max money available this summer. Yes, James would have to play the next several years in the shadow of Michael Jordan, but the generation that is as old or younger than James (25) has more vivid memories of Jordan as a Wizard, or as owner of the Bobcats, than they do of him winning six titles for the Bulls.

Miami is intriguing (aside from the obvious climate reasons) because Pat Riley has been throwing around talk of building a dynasty, and he already has one dynastic building block in Wade, who has indicated that his heart is in Miami and he would prefer to stay there. If the Heat can clear more cap space by moving Michael Beasley and/or Daequan Cook and James Jones before the draft, or in a trade that would be finalized July 8, they could afford to have James, Wade and a third stud, presumably a big man from the available free-agent threesome of Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer.

The Knicks? Well, James is on record as saying New York is his favorite city, and Madison Square Garden is his favorite NBA arena to play in. If James is serious about becoming the world's first billionaire athlete, the opportunity to boost his earning potential on a global scale is greatest in the city that is home to Wall Street. Also, New York has cleared enough cap room to sign James, plus another max free agent, and still have a few million dollars left over.

You also can't completely discount the Nets, with Jay-Z (James' buddy) still a part-owner following the transfer of controlling ownership from Bruce Ratner to Mikhail Prokhorov. But that franchise is set to play the next two seasons in Newark, and it's hard to see the King serving time in purgatory before the Brooklyn arena is built.

So if it is truly a four-team race that includes the Cavs, we have to circle back to James' statement about a game plan.

He gave no clues to its details, but in acknowledging that it exists he sounded like a man with plans for bigger and better things than Cleveland has to offer. Remember, when he picked up his MVP trophy, he told the crowd he would always be loyal to Akron.

And on the night he may have played his last game for Cleveland, he certainly didn't sound like a man with a plan to be married to the Cavaliers forever. If that were part of the "game plan," he would have at least given Cavs fans a glimmer of hope.

"The world is his, whatever decision he's going to make," Garnett said.

But on this night, it was a world in which the city of Cleveland seemed like a very small point on a very big map.

As James said: "We had a great time together."

Had.

Past tense.

Spoken like a man for whom the good times ahead, if they ever occur, will happen elsewhere.

tiger0330

Legend
exactly It felt weird being so happy to see Rondo, Garnett, and Pierce break out in the 2nd half. I would sometimes start hating the Celtics and then remembered why I am cheering for them and go back to rooting for them, as if i had a split personality.
The Knicks have the best chance to get Lebron now, freed the cap space, he is sick of the losing, the opportunity if there for him to revive the city.

Garnett told Lebron to "not stay to loyal to his first team" because Garnett has about 10 wasted years in Minnesota. And then gets traded to a well known team like Boston and wins a title.
The same goes with Shaq going to the Lakers, the big market team lured them in.

I like our chances of getting Lebron, I am going to listen to every single radio show from now on.

The future looks bright
Only problem with the Garnett scenario is the Celts already had Ray Allen and Paul Pierce on board before Garnett signed.

I still worry about the Nets signing him because of JayZ and that Russian billionaire. Having those 2 as mentors for Lebron's business aspirations is an intangible the Knicks don't have and if they pick up John Wall in the draft they might have a better team to appeal to Lebron. Plus downtown Brooklyn might not be Manhattan but its damn close and a lot better than Cleveland.

mafra

Legend
I kept thinking.... as Rondo was shredding CLE in two.... what might of been had CLE (who already went all-in to win it all this year) taken Jared Jeffries off our hands?

CLE was a defesnive team who could neutralize most of BOS's roster, except their QB (Rondo). Jeffries was great at stopping the BOS PG. What could have been.

They could have taken him for nothing. Walsh would have been happy to hand JJ to CLE.

BUT, CLE was too concerned with helping NYK get cap relief in 2010, they passed on the chance to win it all this year.

The BIG-Z and Jamison did nothing to help them.

Losing in the Eastern Conf. semi-finals assures that LJ is a goner.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I didn't root for the Celtics to win. I rooted for Lebron to lose. I refuse to have anything to do with Boston. I hate them so much, I hope Orlando manhandles them. But it was refreshing to see Lebron lose, and take off his jersey. Hopefully its symbolic of what is to come lol.

Paul1355

All Star
I didn't root for the Celtics to win. I rooted for Lebron to lose. I refuse to have anything to do with Boston. I hate them so much, I hope Orlando manhandles them. But it was refreshing to see Lebron lose, and take off his jersey. Hopefully its symbolic of what is to come lol.
stop lying and trying to hide the truth, if you rooted for Lebron to lose than you roted for Boston to win the series.

Now me, you, and everyone else will see Game 6 as the one game that NY fans cheered for Boston, and now we will root for the Magic to sweep them.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't want Lebron James on the Knicks, so I could care less about the Cavs and Celtics series.

I would prefer to get Dwyane Wade. Wade > Lebuhon

I don't think the Knicks could get either of those players, but Wade is better.

I'd rather keep Lee and sign either Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire, Johnson, or Arenas. And I would like to see the Knicks get a center. Earl Barron is a good backup center, but the Knicks need a starter.

I wanted the Celtics to lose. Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Rajon Rondo are a bunch of actresses, and Kevin Garnsoft is a constipated a$$hole.

May the Magic or Lakers destroy the Celtics.

Paul1355

All Star
I don't want Lebron James on the Knicks, so I could care less about the Cavs and Celtics series.

I would prefer to get Dwyane Wade. Wade > Lebuhon

I don't think the Knicks could get either of those players, but Wade is better.

I wanted the Celtics to lose. Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Rajon Rondo are a bunch of actresses, and Kevin Garnsoft is a constipated man with a cane.

May the Magic or Lakers destroy the Celtics.
with this Cavs loss James is now more likely to go into free agency.

If Wade stays and Lebron wants to go are you seriously going to turn down someone who can average a triple double every game?

Please, we need a savior, Lebron is that answer, he just needs the right pieces with him, not old washed up players that can't come through in the playoffs.

This is guy rated NY as his fav city, Brooklyn 1st and then Manhatten 2nd with Akron 5th! Remember that???
We need to revive all the old news reports, many angles point towards him favoring the Knicks eventhough Bulls fans like CHris Broussard and the 3 GM's he interviews think Lebron would condsider being the 2nd legacy to MJ with the pressure of having to win 6 titles to even match.

Superstars have ego's, Lebron def does, I really can't believe that he would go to Chicago to be the 2nd MJ. Too much pride. Too much pressure. Too many countless comparisons between the two players if he went there.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lol Crazy bandwagon more! "LeBron is not coming" :lol:

The problem the Cavs have is even with Lebrons salary off the books, they are still going to be very close to the cap, so they won't be able to replace him. This leads me to think a sign and trade is the most likely thing that will happen if he leaves Cleveland.

Chicago has the most attractive S&T available with Luol Deng, the Bulls would then retain most of their free salary and be able to offer close to another max...

Rose
Lebron
Gibson
Noah

+ Wade or Bosh

sigh...

edit- not to mention Lebrons friend Coach Calipari is reportedly going for the Bulls job... the guy who just coached John Wall (another friend of Lebron) through Kentucky and who will probably hook up with Wall in the future either after his rookie deal expires or by trading for him. I wouldn't mind being a Bulls fan right now...
I still think it's Cleveland all the way. It'll be a vicarious version of "make up sex" after your GF catches you honking on tits in a bar.

I agree with Mash on this one. I still can't see him bolting on the premise of mutiny. Plain and simple. I also agree with Johnson that Chicago wouldn't be a good fit with Rose. Scoring PGs need the ball and so does Lebron. Living up to the legacy..blah blah blah.

Last edited: