Dantoni basically tells Gallo it's time to make it happen or step to the side!

Paul1355

All Star
I watched today's Summer League Game and there was a lot of interesting things Mike D had to say during the second quater interview, but to me the most was him telling Gallo if he is not ready he will get bumped.

Some people think Gallo is the coaches pet, but it appears that is not the case.

When asked about what Gallo is doing this off season he replied something to the effect of "I don't know,but he better be ready because there are players like Randolph and Feilds who will be"

That to me sounds like Mike is ready for Gallo to really show up this season, I dont think him just getting by on knocking down 3's is going to fly.

I happen to agree with Mike on this one. The bar was set pretty low for Gallo last year, all we wanted to see was could he hold up for whole season while somewhat producing without there being any issues with his back.....ok mission complete

But now he needs to take that next step. He needs to be a difference maker every single night he is on the floor even when his shot is not falling!

I liked the game with him trading shots with Melo, but the next step if for him to be the reason a player like Melo is in foul trouble because he is going at him so hard or even better, he be the reason a player like Melo is having an off game.

Now I like Gallo, I love the kid's heart....but now is the time for him to decide if he is going to be a impact player or a role player.

I'm not even expecting an All Star, but he needs to look to be a leader out there for us.....or he needs to step to the side and follow

Coming into the draft his best case/worst case was Hedo/Mike Dunlevy and I think we accepted Mike D last year because we were just happy to see him not being affected by the back, but now he is arguably the second best player on the team and it is time to show and prove.

For the record....I am not doubting the kid at all, I can see the potential in him but I'm just saying it is time to bring out the potential.

Gallo playing as good as he can be would be the reason we would be a playoff team.
I agree as well, h has to be consistent and he HAS to use the post more and drive to the hoop to draw fouls.

He had one game were he drove to the basket almost every time he had the ball and he drew a foul EVERYTIME...he can flop pretty good on offense and look like he is getting killed going up to the basket, he has to use that to his advantage, having a guy who draw fouls kills the opposing team...it can ruin lineups by having starters sit out and it stops the clock to give you points ..its the best productive way to win games.

I expect Gallo to always hit the open shot and I expect him to be the second leading scorer next to Amare almost every night.

I also expect him to improve on defense ad rebounding and most of all he has to not have another shooting slump, that was dreadful.