Derek Rose !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Marc Stein: “Phoenix, Milwaukee and Chicago have all quickly been cited as teams expected to have a level of interest in former MVP Derrick Rose…The Knicks are likewise expected to ask Rose to return at a lower number if he does not sign elsewhere”
Gave us a winning 2021-22 season .. D.Rose veteran leadership will be an important piece next season, on the next team.

The 2023 offseason ....
Who are the Knicks looking to sign or trade for ???

Thib has let D.Rose just sit and do nothing from what I see. Never as I see it using his expertise to influence the flow of the game.

If he isn’t going to be used then why bring him back??

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Mike Woodson offense strategy has been missing the past two season.
D.Rose veteran leadership on the court to have consistent ball-movement in offense, plus several fast break baskets a game were missed last season being stuck in our puppet coach Thibs dog-house all season.

Kiyaman

Legend
D.Rose agreed to a 2 yr deal with the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday.

The Grizzlies were in need of some point guard depth with Ja Morant suspended to open the season and with Tyus Jones now in Washington. Rose is likely to back up Marcus Smart unless the Grizzlies bring in another guard, though it remains to be seen just how much he has left in the tank. With the Knicks last season, Rose shot just 38.4 percent from the field in 27 appearances.

As a Knicks fan D.Rose team-performance for the Knicks was always on a high winning level when Randle & Barrett were not in the lineup to stop ball-movement plus both always getting back late on defense.
The Knicks FO and head coach has forced every Knicks player the past 4 seasons to coexist in a lineup having a 36 minute ball-hog dribble dribble Randle & Barrett.
Fans that believe Randle or Carmelo was the best players on the Knicks roster during their era, knows nothing bout Basketball.

Remember how aggressive and how well D.Rose drove and get to the basket?
Ever wonder why those traits weren’t pass to any of the Knicks guards?
The truth is that he was never used correctly after the firing of Phil Jackson. Phil was building a team within a team. D. Rose and others were the faces of the outward team. Rose job to mentor and teach the inward team guard to be a MVP like himself.

Once the architects were gone there was no one that had the vision to finish what was started.

For those of you that are like the people that took over the Knicks… I don’t expect you to see.
Question: when was last time you or me had Great Expectations(meaning Championship) for this team?
** It certainly hasn’t been the last 4 or 5 years,

Kiyaman

Legend
Remember how aggressive and how well D.Rose drove and get to the basket?
Ever wonder why those traits weren’t pass to any of the Knicks guards?
The truth is that he was never used correctly after the firing of Phil Jackson. Phil was building a team within a team. D. Rose and others were the faces of the outward team. Rose job to mentor and teach the inward team guard to be a MVP like himself.

Once the architects were gone there was no one that had the vision to finish what was started.

For those of you that are like the people that took over the Knicks… I don’t expect you to see.
Question: when was last time you or me had Great Expectations(meaning Championship) for this team?
** It certainly hasn’t been the last 4 or 5 years,

I had BIG expectation last season when we signed PG Brunson.
My high expectation started slipping away when we waived Taj Gibson, plus started the season without a Knicks 2nd unit bench lineup, by benching star players D.Rose & Obi Toppin to just (4) spot minutes in each half of the first 25 games of the season.
Giving Randle & Brunson & Barrett 40 minutes of playing time each game throughout the 82 game season, where the trio of 40 minute players combine to average 13 Dimes a game.
Ball-hogs !!!

The Knicks best pick n roll scorers were Taj Gibson & D.Rose, the pair of veterans worked well together on offense/defense getting quick fast break points from the young-core duo Quickley & Toppin in the lineup.
The Knicks (Old/Young) dynamic lineup was missing from the Knicks 2022-23 season.

Why did Randle play the entire 12 minutes of the first quarter in 77 Knicks regular season games last season ???
Yes! Before Thibs could get on the plane to go on his offseason vacation, the 3rd season Obi Toppin shared his thoughts and feelings to Thibs face publicly.

Last edited: