DONE DEAL!

ACopeman

Rookie
taylorjohna said:
I am pretty sure that no K.G. trade happens this today without Frye being involved but K.G. is one of the few players in the NBA that changes everything all by himself and we need that. NYC deserves that... the Garden, the fans.
According to RealGM.com ,Executives and personnel experts around the league questioned the odd coupling of Stephon Marubry and Steve Francis, and said Larry Brown was not in favor and suggested yesterday's deal was part of a risky long-term strategy by Isiah Thomas to trade for superstar Minnesota forward Kevin Garnett this summer.

portega1968

El Cacique
This definitely is a trade preparing us for the summer (don't even dream that something else will happen 2day), and from that point of view, this is a shrewd although risky move.

When you consider that for this summer, as trade bait, we have Francis (only 3 years left on his deal and at least he rebounds and dunks, unlike Steph), along with the expiring deals of Mo Taylor and Jalen Rose, three nice rookies and a couple of picks, then you have to admit we are in an excellent position to grab KG and Al Harrington.

Throw in Marko Jaric to defend opposing guards and we would definitely improve (Jaric, Steph, Harrington, KG and Curry).

ACopeman

Rookie
Why cant a deal happen 2day for the Knicks 2 acquire KG. I mean it is possible. JC can be involved in the deal with Francis that 2 Minny 4 KG. The Knicks can also try 2 push for Jaric by making that deal for Q to leave NY. That can happen 2day because the KNICKS DO NOT NEED 2 play the rest off the season in misery with Marbury and Francis in the Backcourt Thats MISERY. C'Mon Isaiah. MAKE THAT TRADE WORTH SOMETHING BCUZ RIGHT NOW IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE MAKING SENSE. Do any1 agree wit this...Plz reply

Jaric? Jaric is no closer at being a Larry Brown PG than Marbury or Francis. MIN has repeatedly said all along that they would not trade K.G. until the summer so that should surprise no one. That does not mean that another deal will not go down today that will help the Knicks look more like a Larry Brown team (Ratliff, Evans, Watson, K-Mart).

And Curry? I am so tired of hearing everyone's plans revolve around Curry. As usual, last night Curry spent the entire game on the bench in foul trouble and giving up dunk after dunk while he was on the floor. He is the most one dimensional player I have ever seen and we will never win a championship with him starting at Center. We are stuck with him though, no one is going to pay him to be the injury risk, one dimensional player that he is.

Who cares that Francis dunks? What does that mean?

I agree with you 100%... the trade makes no sense but we are better, we have more talent now. It is not going to mean anything in the grand scheme of things though.

I will say this though, it is dumb to sit and complain about how much we are spending. It does not matter, over or under, the Knicks do not have a cap and that is an advantage for us. Who cares how much money we are paying a player, it is not our money. Money is a moot point when you are talking about the knicks.

ACopeman

Rookie
The Knicks could try 2 trade at least two of their guards 2day like JC,Q,or even Francis.Not Marbury becuz hes a FAN FAVORITE and hes my fav player as well. Isaiah and LB SHOULD TRY 2 BUILD AROUND STEPH NOT MAKING DEALS THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE. THE TEAM NEED THREE THINGS, HEIGHT, DEFENSE, TALLER ATLETHE PLAYERS(NOT FRANCIS WHO IS 6'3),TALL BACKUP SKILLED DEFENSIVE CENTERS(LIKE ERICK DAMPIER OR SAMUEL DALENBART FROM PHIILLY), AND OF COURSE KG.FRANCIS DOES NOT BENEFIT THE KNICKS IN NONE OF THOSE CATEGORIES. WE NEED FUTURE RELIABLE PLAYERS NOT SHORT TERM ONES. DOES ANY1 AGREE.. REPLY

I agree with that. One of the things that bugs me about the Francis deal is that is also makes the Jalen Rose deal make less sense. According to Larry Brown; Nate, Steph, Francis, Rose and Crawford are all guys that can play the point but do not belong at the point. So, where in the hell is our PG (if you buy into the Larry Brown philosophy that none of those guys are a true PG)?

I would like to see a defensive rebounder that is tough (reggie Evans maybe), a high percentage outside shooter because we are loaded inside, but need someone that is going to consistently make you pay for a double-team inside. We need a pass first PG that plays defense (Earl Watson) wether that is as a back-up or a starter (but with Francis here now it looks more like back-up). Last, we need someone to come into the Garden and play with some attitude... a chip on their shoulder... some swagger. I don't care what you say about K-Mart, he would do that and we need that desperately... we have no backbone, no identity.

One of the best moves that we can make is to let Frye develope... start getting him more over 30 minutes a game and take away the trade talk.

portega1968

El Cacique
Dream on people... there is no way KG is being moved 2day. If that was the case, Penny would still be on the table.

I ask all our salary cap experts... do we now have the assets to acquire KG, Pierce AND Al Harrington this summer? Along with Steph and Curry, this would be a killer starting five, both defensively and offensively.

LOL How would Curry be the starter in a killer anything? Where do you get that? What are you seeing in Curry that no one else sees? They guy cannot rebound, cannot play defense, is injury prone, misses more dunks that Nate at the slam dunk contest, is always in foul trouble, and is flat-out lazy. So the guy is a great offensive low-post presence... so what? What has that done for us? All of that offensive talent is a mirage because it does no good sitting on the bench.

ACopeman

Rookie
taylorjohna said:
I agree with that. One of the things that bugs me about the Francis deal is that is also makes the Jalen Rose deal make less sense. According to Larry Brown; Nate, Steph, Francis, Rose and Crawford are all guys that can play the point but do not belong at the point. So, where in the hell is our PG (if you buy into the Larry Brown philosophy that none of those guys are a true PG)?

I would like to see a defensive rebounder that is tough (reggie Evans maybe), a high percentage outside shooter because we are loaded inside, but need someone that is going to consistently make you pay for a double-team inside. We need a pass first PG that plays defense (Earl Watson) wether that is as a back-up or a starter (but with Francis here now it looks more like back-up). Last, we need someone to come into the Garden and play with some attitude... a chip on their shoulder... some swagger. I don't care what you say about K-Mart, he would do that and we need that desperately... we have no backbone, no identity.

One of the best moves that we can make is to let Frye develope... start getting him more over 30 minutes a game and take away the trade talk.
YES UR QUITE RIGHT. I mean Frye name has been brought up alot maybe thats a sign 2 make a trade for him if we have 2 see i luv him becuse he athletic agressive and young. hes what we need but you know malik rose ,mo talyor,jc,q,andjerome james SHOULD AND COULD BE DEALT BY TODAY. THEY R tradeable players

portega1968

El Cacique
taylorjohna, I'd rather go with Shaq's opinion that Curry is the one guy in this league that could develop to be like him. Give the kid a break, he's just 22 and needs to learn in the pros what he didn't get in college.

Besides Shaq, he's the one guy that's almost impossible to guard in the post. His weak areas can be mitigated by the likes of KG and Harrington in the front.

ACopeman

Rookie
I think Curry is a young developing player in the league who is a star in his own ways. His picking up on defense w/ blocks althought he need 2 work on it more and his rebounding should be much better. hes offensive skills are up 2 par. hes developing into a superstar. Watch him grow in NY

Wow... well, we shall see. I am not sure how you learn to rebound or hustle at this stage in the game. I agree with the low post assessment, he is a nightmare but it makes no difference because he is sitting on the bench in foul trouble in every single game. Other players do not have to defend him, the bench does it for them. Curry will never be a player in this league... he has all of the tools but he just doesn't get it.

ACopeman

Rookie
u doubting his talents badly. Hes young he is getting better each game. He was guarding Shaq of course he going probably foul out. Shaq also got fouled out also dont forget that.

LOL This does not just happen against Shaq, Curry sitting dow because of foul trouble is an every night thing. He misses way too many dunks, is a below average FT shooter, plays no defense, cannot rebound, has a poor work ethic and is always in foul trouble. What am I missing? Besides his low post scoring, what are his talents? I do not see where Curry has improved in rebounding... where has he improved in the silly fouls? Where has the improved defense been? What are you talking about? The facts and the stats do not lie... Curry is one dimensional and is showing no signs of becoming consistent or improving in the areas that he needs to. You guys are watching with your hearts instead of your heads... I was happy to get Curry and thought that he deserved another chance and a change of scenery but he is the same old Eddy Curry, I do not care how old he is. Channing Frye plays nice help D, he rebounds, hustles, has a great work ethic (is the last guy out of the gym by all accounts) and you can see him improving every game, it shows up in the box score. It is easy to measure improvement and success and the bottom line is that Curry is not moving anywhere in either category.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
First of all...Eddy Curry will never be a "superstar" in this league. At best he'll be a 15-16 ppg scorer and avg about 5-6 rebs, which is extremely mediocre at best. He just doesn't have the attitude or the work ethic, and now that he's locked up to a long contract, I don't see that changing.

And please....people think logically for a second....why would the T'Wolves want to trade Garnett for the Knicks garbage? Francis is the last person that would fit into the rebuilding mode they're in...only the Knicks rebuild by acquiring overpaid vets. Although it would be awesome, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that a deal like this could ever get done. Face it, Isiah has now put this team in such a hole that it'll take about 10 yrs before we can potentially get out of it. I say maybe we should start a petition to get the NBA to intercede and force Dolan to sell, and force Isiah out so that new people can come in and actually try and put a good team on the court. This is disheartening and frustrating.