Eddie Curry

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
you might be right but i think it is too soon to tell. Curry has the strength and athletic ability to become a good defender. He needs to work on his effort and timing somehow, but right now i would not make the deal. I would give the frontline of curry and lee at least until the feb deadline to see if they can play good enough defense for the knicks to be contenders in the east. They're younger then JO and eaton thomas but if jared jeffries continues to play decent minutes, then you got thomas and jeffries as tow guys who will be out on the floor that cant score. This is assuming balkmen develops a jumpshot this off season cuz hes another guy that doesnt have much of a jumpshot. I dont think a team can be successful with any more than 1 player who isnt much of a scorer out on the court at a time cuz we struggled with malik, jeffries, and balkmen at times, even lee cuz many of his points came off 2nd chance oppertunities.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
you might be right but i think it is too soon to tell. Curry has the strength and athletic ability to become a good defender. He needs to work on his effort and timing somehow, but right now i would not make the deal. I would give the frontline of curry and lee at least until the feb deadline to see if they can play good enough defense for the knicks to be contenders in the east. They're younger then JO and eaton thomas but if jared jeffries continues to play decent minutes, then you got thomas and jeffries as tow guys who will be out on the floor that cant score. This is assuming balkmen develops a jumpshot this off season cuz hes another guy that doesnt have much of a jumpshot. I dont think a team can be successful with any more than 1 player who isnt much of a scorer out on the court at a time cuz we struggled with malik, jeffries, and balkmen at times, even lee cuz many of his points came off 2nd chance oppertunities.

I hear ya, but here's the problem. Remember last year how hot Frye was and how high his value was? Isiah didn't get Artest from Indiana because they wanted him! It has shot down quit a bit, wouldn't you say? So, if you take a chance again and give Frye another year and Lee and Frye continues his decline and Lee doesn't really improve or worse, does a Frye and his value drops.... Then What? Rookies and 2nd year players are crap shoots at best... There are the enigmas, LaBron and Wade... Jordan... Barkley .ect... Listen, Curry is turning into a project and the Knicks with the highest payroll in history, needs instant returns. Trade these guys and get proven Vets! Not guys on their last years, I mean Guys who have considerable treads on the tires. O'Neil moves to power forward, you have just extended his career! I don't think Curry and O[Neil can be on the floor together.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
I hear ya, but here's the problem. Remember last year how hot Frye was and how high his value was? Isiah didn't get Artest from Indiana because they wanted him! It has shot down quit a bit, wouldn't you say? So, if you take a chance again and give Frye another year and Lee and Frye continues his decline and Lee doesn't really improve or worse, does a Frye and his value drops.... Then What? Rookies and 2nd year players are crap shoots at best... There are the enigmas, LaBron and Wade... Jordan... Barkley .ect... Listen, Curry is turning into a project and the Knicks with the highest payroll in history, needs instant returns. Trade these guys and get proven Vets! Not guys on their last years, I mean Guys who have considerable treads on the tires. O'Neil moves to power forward, you have just extended his career! I don't think Curry and O[Neil can be on the floor together.

The problem with this trade is that we'd be trading away three 24 year olds for a couple of 30 year olds... and O'Neil and Thomas would probably get us to the playoffs and no further... remember when Portland traded O'Neil (22ish) for Dale Davis (30ish)... the Pacers got a young stud who developed and the Blazers got a guy who gave them 5/5 and solid D for a few seasons...

under your scenario... we trade for them down the road if they're good... why should we let these guys develop for other teams and then sign them??? if they're our restricted free agents... we get first refusal... can anyone honestly say that we'd be any worse off watching these guys grow together than trading them away???