Emergency??? Game Thread: Knicks vs Sixers

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
TH and Maxey and Anthony would be game-changers for us

Obi is a 6 point, 15 minute guy in NBA. TH and Maxey and Cole would be 18 ppg and 5 assists starting PG.

Obi not even best PF (Bey or IS) available. It was an awful selection and Rose shouldn?t be let off hook for that assuming choice. Rose an agent playing team exec? this is how you get Obi and Evan on your roster over Maxey and DeRozan.
I can't speak on the draft, but nobody saw this coming from DeRozan. And like Harden, let's see what he does in the Playoffs. I want the best for them, but yeah.

mafra

Legend
CHI saw it coming

Even Scott Perry saw it too, mainly bc he saw Derozan as a means to get Dame (good friend).

Wes and Rose preferred Evan over DD. They need to answer why.

They also need to answer why they went into first draft and locked in on Obi and IQ. Pathetic.

People bash taking RJ 3rd? we could?ve traded down, grabbed Maxey and a pick. Obi was as bad a pick since Jordan Hill (over DeRozan, ironicall enough).
It?s nothing against Obi. Good kid. This is about ensuring Rose is called out for the awful team exec he?s proved to be last 2 years. No free pass

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
CHI saw it coming

Even Scott Perry saw it too, mainly bc he saw Derozan as a means to get Dame (good friend).

Wes and Rose preferred Evan over DD. They need to answer why.

They also need to answer why they went into first draft and locked in on Obi and IQ. Pathetic.

People bash taking RJ 3rd? we could?ve traded down, grabbed Maxey and a pick. Obi was as bad a pick since Jordan Hill (over DeRozan, ironicall enough).
It?s nothing against Obi. Good kid. This is about ensuring Rose is called out for the awful team exec he?s proved to be last 2 years. No free pass
I loved the DeRozan pick-up from the beginning, but I don't think Chicago envisioned DeRozan at 32 being an MVP candidate.

As far DeRozan on the Knicks, I don't know if that would have worked out well. Thibs running DeRozan into the ground, and if he didn't come up in the Playoffs, and Randle performed like he did last season in the Playoffs, then making the Playoffs could have been a big disappointment again.

I don't know why people bash RJ. He's 21 and as you could see from the graphic at the beginning of the broadcast today, he continues to grow.

mafra

Legend
I didn?t want DeRozan either, but I?m not being paid to make that decision

Arrogant Wes and Leon Rose are. They?ve failed in almost every move.

They will now run for cover. They will blame Thibbs and Randle for this year. Then, they?ll sell us on 2024 free agent class.

In other words, ignore 4 years of
Bad moves? summer of 2024 they will
Have this righted. Lol. We?ve heard that before

Broadway

All Star
I loved the DeRozan pick-up from the beginning, but I don't think Chicago envisioned DeRozan at 32 being an MVP candidate.

As far DeRozan on the Knicks, I don't know if that would have worked out well. Thibs running DeRozan into the ground, and if he didn't come up in the Playoffs, and Randle performed like he did last season in the Playoffs, then making the Playoffs could have been a big disappointment again.

I don't know why people bash RJ. He's 21 and as you could see from the graphic at the beginning of the broadcast today, he continues to grow.

There?s obviously better talent than Obi across the league but we gotta be honest, there?s no development going on with the youth on our team. Not one fan can name a progressing talent aside from RJ(who?s had his struggles), worthy of any major praise

Also be honest here did everyone think at the very least the team would be 10th seed in the East? I believe most Knick fans did(me excluded), yet we?re not even that and supposedly the roster was upgraded from last yr. We do have the 10th worst record in the league tho

I know if Monty or Silas was coaching this team we?d probably be around a 6th seed

Kiyaman

Legend
TH and Maxey and Anthony would be game-changers for us

Obi is a 6 point, 15 minute guy in NBA. TH and Maxey and Cole would be 18 ppg and 5 assists starting PG.

Obi not even best PF (Bey or IS) available. It was an awful selection and Rose shouldn?t be let off hook for that assuming choice. Rose an agent playing team exec? this is how you get Obi and Evan on your roster over Maxey and DeRozan.

Cut it out .. the Knicks program has been the worst NBA program for young players since Dolan's daddy ran the team. Stop acting like Maxey & Cole would be getting any playing time from any of the Knicks last 3 head coaches. What head coach Doc Rivers did for Maxey it would take Thibs a decade to do for a player. Thibs already divided the Knicks lockerroom of players early in the season by showing Kemba & Deuce McBride so much LUV.

At the start of the 4th quarter I thought Quickley & Obi were gonna speed up the tempo to play tandem scorers to grab the lead and stretch the lead to double digits, but they needed D.Rose or Taj Gibson leadership in their lineup.
Obi speed and quickness to the basket needed someone to box-out Embiid from protecting the slashing lane. The small things like (picks, screens, box-out) Thibs coaching staff should be teaching Sims & Obi & MitchRob how to do consistently on half court offense to help their teammates score & rebound. Randle don't do any of that for his teammates. I looked at the Knicks stats in the middle of the 3rd quarter and Randle had 2 fouls, Burks had 1 foul, and Barrett had 1 foul.
None of them had the brain to play hack a Shaq on Embiid while the Knicks were chopping down the 76ers lead, that's why MitchRob & Sims fouled out with 9 min remaining in the game.
The Knicks need to be looking for a new head coach, plus looking for a team to take Randle contract.

mafra

Legend
Embiid was 23-27 from FT line.

What do you see in Obi? RJ and Mitch and Simms and Grimes developing? Obi isn?t because he isn?t NBA player. He can dunk and pass but lacks vision, bball Iq, and he can?t shoot or defend. Awful pick.

Some of you want Randle gone and start OT. Please no!!!!

mafra

Legend
IQ was badly outplaying Burks, particularly in the second half, so Thibs inserted Burks for Cam. From there, the Sixers finished the game on a 19-4 run.

It wasn?t all Burks? fault, of course. Julius Randle couldn?t hit the broad side of a barn in the fourth quarter. Most of the Knicks struggled with their free-throw shooting again. But, man, am I sick of all the Alec Burks run. He?s a good bench off-guard; Thibs is playing him like he?s prime Michael Jordan. Burks finished with six points on 2-6 shooting in 34 minutes. Quickley scored 21 points 26 minutes. Miles McBride didn?t play.

TKB.com

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't know about anybody else, but I spend more time watching other teams now such as the Warriors. People need to stop paying for tickets at the Garden (though it could be mainly rich people not caring about what they do).

Broadway

All Star
Embiid was 23-27 from FT line.

What do you see in Obi? RJ and Mitch and Simms and Grimes developing? Obi isn?t because he isn?t NBA player. He can dunk and pass but lacks vision, bball Iq, and he can?t shoot or defend. Awful pick.

Some of you want Randle gone and start OT. Please no!!!!

Sorry Maf our youth isn?t really developed whatsoever. Grimes has had a decent campaign(not his fault he's trying to find his way through all the BS) but like everything else it changes game-to-game

Remember how great IQ looked when he first got here? This afternoon he played great but what about his play in between from his first game to today? It?s incomplete as hell and you can say this about ever young player here

Sims and Mitch both fouled out and didn?t provide much?Sims maybe a little bit

Let?s say Grimes is arriving okay that then pokes holes into who?s our PG right? You clearly said today we don?t have one yet if he plays as a starter who?s our PG?

I?ll Wait?

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
I don't know about anybody else, but I spend more time watching other teams now such as the Warriors. People need to stop paying for tickets at the Garden (though it could be mainly rich people not caring about what they do).

No there's a large populous remaining amongst the hardcore who still attend and cover the team's every move. Twitter App proves so every game. A base of fans who dub themselves as "the most knowledgeable" would've executed on this yrs ago but of course NYKers gotta be in the mix and can't stand not being the center of attention...good or bad!

Kiyaman

Legend

If the Knicks would've signed Lowry, then I would've been yelling sign Derozan too.
Those two players need no advice from Thibs foolishness on the offensive end of the court.
Randle probably be pissed at Lowry & D.Rose play-maker leadership running the offense.

I don't get hype on RJ Barrett's individual performance on offense, especially when RJ Barrett always look lost on the defensive end of the court. I couldn't criticize Kemba or Fournier performance on defense because Barrett's 35 min performance on defense was just as bad. And on defense switches the Knicks starter 5 lineup looked clueless starting with Randle on down the lineup.
When you start watching Barrett on the defensive-end you know why Philly shot 50% throughout the game, and SG Harden & SG Maxey had high scoring games.
Take notes the majority of Knicks opponents that have career highs or season highs are their Wings PG/SG/SF who Barrett suppose to switch and defend.

I don?t know what everyone?s so upset about.

With today?s loss, we now have the 9th worst record in the NBA. We?re only 1 game out of having the 7th worst record in the NBA.

Everything?s going great! It?s all part of the front office?s 50 year plan to deliver a championship to the Knicks after all of us have died of old age.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer

With today?s loss, we now have the 9th worst record in the NBA. We?re only 1 game out of having the 7th worst record in the NBA.

Everything?s going great! It?s all part of the front office?s 50 year plan to deliver a championship to the Knicks after all of us have died of old age.

and you know there is no way we will draft a true PG...........

Kiyaman

Legend
Mitchell Robinson wasn?t really any better than Obi if we?re being fair

I wish we played a more controlled half court game with power(we have athletes on our squad), instead there?s too much action in our sets with no real focus?very helter skelter

Doesn?t really take advantage of anyone?s skillset on a nightly basis

The Knicks coaching-staff need to be FIRED asap !!!
The Knicks didn't put any effort into getting Embiid into foul trouble.
Embiid took 18 FG shots compared to MitchRob's 3, and Sims 1.

I only seen the 2nd half of the game where the Knicks had NO ball-movement, nor did the Knicks have any plays with players moving without the ball going around picks or screens. However, the 76ers had plenty ball movement, and plenty picks and screens for easy baskets.
It should be a NBA crime to put rookies or 2nd season players in a lineup without any type of offense/defense plan or a role to play on offense/defense. When Barrett got injured Thibs put Grimes in the rotation without a clue on what to do, or what's needed from him. And it look like the only thing Randle said to Grimes was just pass me the ball before passing to any other teammate.
We Knicks fans wouldn't have known Obi Toppin has HOPS & Olympic running speed to slash to the basket if it wasn't for Quickley's passing to a moving without the ball Obi Toppin. Not Barrett, nor Randle who control the ball, they are not complimentary players to their teammates we should have facilitating the ball to teammates.
Coach Thibs has been CLUELESS of the talent the Knicks have on the roster for two seasons.
Again, it was Quickley's complimentary performance in the summer league games that got the best talent performance out of Obi Toppin, Grimes, Sims, and Deuce McBride.

Kiyaman

Legend

We had two first round draft picks in last year draft we didn't use, and we refuse to give the 3 draft picks we got consistent playing time (in a Covid protocols season) to co-exist in a lineup to improve their raw skills. Plus the Knicks are paying millions of dollars to a coaching-staff that don't coach a simple pick n roll !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Thibs obsession with Burks is really hurting this team .. we had a one pt lead when Burks came back into the game .. everything went down hill for the Knicks, Philly wasted no time building a double digit lead.
All Im saying .. Deuce McBride could've done much better than Burks

mafra

Legend
Afterward Evan Fournier made some damning statements.

?I feel like sometimes we?re looking at each other, second-guessing what play we?re going to run, who we?re going to go to,? said Fournier, a bright spot with 24 points. ?What is he going to do? We have no expectations right now from each other because we have no rhythm and no confidence in the fourth quarter. So again, as long as we don?t fix that as players, things are not going to change.?

Broadway

All Star
Afterward Evan Fournier made some damning statements.

?I feel like sometimes we?re looking at each other, second-guessing what play we?re going to run, who we?re going to go to,? said Fournier, a bright spot with 24 points. ?What is he going to do? We have no expectations right now from each other because we have no rhythm and no confidence in the fourth quarter. So again, as long as we don?t fix that as players, things are not going to change.?

Exactly what I posted on the previous page. This is a coaching issue looking at pattern developed either identify who is the weakest link come 4th qrt or give them a clear game plan since they?re confused

We had the same coach last year. Replaced Bullock with Fournier. Noel and Rose never play after being huge contributors last year. We replaced Payton with Kemba who decided he didn?t want to play. Quickley can?t shoot this year after a great rookie season. Front office traded for Cam Reddish after being explicitly told he wasn?t what we needed and after not pursuing Norman Powell before last year?s trade deadline, who the coach wanted and is a much better player.

I hope they fire Thibs so it can show everyone that coaching isn?t the main problem here. We have a bottom 10 roster and we are a bottom 10 team.

Other teams? front offices are routinely figuring out ways to bring in elite talent and then how to move those contracts to be able to keep bringing in top level players. Our front office doesn?t do much of anything other than the bare minimum at best.

Front office already setting up to humiliate the fanbase again this off-season.

I stand by my prediction. Next 3 hired head coaches will each last less than 2 seasons and will average under 20 wins a season.

Last edited: