Following David Lee Thread

Kiyaman

Legend
Every single point you make has a counter, Kiyaman.

Counter argument.
Counter conspiracy.
Counter complaint.

And last, but not least: A counter hypothesis.

Here are some counter hypotheses for your post.

-Yao didn't play. Would that have cost Lee 5 points and 5 boards? Would it have tipped the scale in head to head team rebounds?
-45+ wins for Houston? How about 40? Who knows....? Neither of us.
-Is Lee the complimentary front court player or is Biedrins?
-Could the GSW have a collective 10 block game with Lee, Biedrins, Curry?
-Would David Lee have exercised his right to walk away from NY as a FA leaving us without either of our former GSW acquisitions?

And then!

I don't even know what that means!! Are you saying Scola was last season's leading scorer for Houston? He wasn't!!! Kevin Martin(1) and Aaron Brooks (2) were ahead of Scola who was 3rd!

Trust me dude, I have NO beef with you personally. Not even a tiny bit. But this isn't the first time you've been caught out for blatant FIBBING to get a point across.

If you insist on hating the Knicks - at least their hierarchy - then I can live with that. But postulating, assuming, conspiring and even MAKING UP information for the sake of your argument, is frustrating the shit out of me!

Peace. :smokin:

I dont Know ...... is this a Hate response on Lee or aimed at making me into a LIAR?

The Houston Rockets were a 42 win team last season, this season they are expected to be a 45+ win season team.
Keven Martin was traded to Houston lastseason only playing 24 games with Houston.
Brooks, Carl Landry, and Scola were Houston high scorers, but Scola was the number one option last season. Scola was the 3rd option on offense with T-Mac, Yao, Artest.
Biedrins has a complimentary game but it is no where close to ambidextrous David Lee (6 assist).
Do u think Yao couldve kept up to the running speed of Ellis & Curry in the backcourt? com'on. If u were the coach u wouldve rested Yao for that game too.
The Knicks is spending practically $10M this season on Azu/Turiaf/Randolph.
It wouldve been better and cheaper for us to let Lee go or give Lee the $10.5M per for 6 years.
FA SG-Morrow & Starting SG-Brewer combined new contracts only total up to $3M this season, both those guards talents are much better than Roger Mason Jr. who we are paying $4M per.

Bashing the decision making of Laden/Isiah/Walsh/Dantoni is not hating the Knicks. If it is then u hating on Lee & Nate has to be hating on the Knicks
PEACE :smokin: u know how we do
much :gony: Luv

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Let it go

Jesus H. Christ.... Let it go already you guys sound like Cleveland fans who miss Lebron its... sad. David Lee is not on this team why do you care? To set up a thread in memoriam of an ex-Knick that never won a playoff game or even really mattered makes me want to puke. What you should be doing is celebrating the fact we got Amare freaking Stoudemire.For once in a long while we have a Legit All-Star, a Real leader a Go-To Guy and a Winner.

Being a nice guy off the court which Lee was does not stop you from being one of the worst interior defending PF/C in the league. You should be happy that its Stoudemire thats the face of the franchise and not an overrated great white hope (see Gallo.) You think ESPN, NY Media casual and die hard fans actually cared for Lee? We are relevant now, we get coverage and we considered contenders for a playoff spot in a stacked Eastern Conference. Players want to come here. New York basketball is making its way back from the doldrums and you want to look back on the face of the worst Knicks era, Knicks fans need to move on.

Knicks fans. New York Fans are accustomed to winners. I say the hell with waiting around and hoping that it "works out," standing pat is what other teams do, not my freaking New York Teams and certainly not my Knicks. I'm tired of the homers, the sorry excuses for Knicks Fans, the ones who probably belong in Ohio. For the rest of us heres to being real New York Sports Fans we may have our faults: Impatient, Obnoxious, Scrutinizing... but we are also the most knowledgeable, the most passionate and God Damn it we ARE the best Fans period. So quit wasting everybody's time with ancient history we got bigger and better things to look forward to.... the crappy days of David Lee being our "best" player are over and so should the days of having to deal with his groupies.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Jesus H. Christ.... Let it go already you guys sound like Cleveland fans who miss Lebron its... sad. David Lee is not on this team why do you care? To set up a thread in memoriam of an ex-Knick that never won a playoff game or even really mattered makes me want to puke. What you should be doing is celebrating the fact we got Amare freaking Stoudemire.For once in a long while we have a Legit All-Star, a Real leader a Go-To Guy and a Winner.

Being a nice guy off the court which Lee was does not stop you from being one of the worst interior defending PF/C in the league. You should be happy that its Stoudemire thats the face of the franchise and not an overrated great white hope (see Gallo.) You think ESPN, NY Media casual and die hard fans actually cared for Lee? We are relevant now, we get coverage and we considered contenders for a playoff spot in a stacked Eastern Conference. Players want to come here. New York basketball is making its way back from the doldrums and you want to look back on the face of the worst Knicks era, Knicks fans need to move on.

Knicks fans. New York Fans are accustomed to winners. I say the hell with waiting around and hoping that it "works out," standing pat is what other teams do, not my freaking New York Teams and certainly not my Knicks. I'm tired of the homers, the sorry excuses for Knicks Fans, the ones who probably belong in Ohio. For the rest of us heres to being real New York Sports Fans we may have our faults: Impatient, Obnoxious, Scrutinizing... but we are also the most knowledgeable, the most passionate and God Damn it we ARE the best Fans period. So quit wasting everybody's time with ancient history we got bigger and better things to look forward to.... the crappy days of David Lee being our "best" player are over and so should the days of having to deal with his groupies.

Well somebody's in a bad mood.

And a stacked Eastern conference?

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Well somebody's in a bad mood.

And a stacked Eastern conference?

Miami, Boston, Orlando, Chicago, Atlanta, Milwaukee are going to be some tough match-ups for us and with our lack of consistency (see everybody except Amare and Chandler) we will cough up some games to the wizards pacers or sixers along the way.

Not angry but lets just say annoyed, as a realist I don't buy the hype and I don't see why being a fan of something means becoming delusional about it. David Lee and next will be Gallo when he is traded for Melo will undeservingly have a "miss you" page started by obsessed fans who refuse to to let go of their potential or couple of good qualities (Lee great rebounder, Gallo great shooter) to see them for who they really are which is just average talent.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Biedrins has a complimentary game but it is no where close to ambidextrous David Lee (6 assist).
I think our perception of the term complimentary is different.

Do u think Yao couldve kept up to the running speed of Ellis & Curry in the backcourt? com'on. If u were the coach u wouldve rested Yao for that game too.

You don't rest an elite center ever. Yao was out for safety reasons in a game that Houston should have won.

The Knicks is spending practically $10M this season on Azu/Turiaf/Randolph.
It wouldve been better and cheaper for us to let Lee go or give Lee the $10.5M per for 6 years.

How can a zero return FA exit in exchange for players with expiring, and/or on team favoured terms contractually, be a saving? I agree with you that Barron should've been resigned at league minimum, but the additions from GS are good ones. Especially on a short roster.

FA SG-Morrow & Starting SG-Brewer combined new contracts only total up to $3M this season, both those guards talents are much better than Roger Mason Jr. who we are paying $4M per.

Dude, this is what I'm talking about. Misinformation. You're either misinformed or making stuff up. Mason Jr. was signed to a 1 year deal @ $1.4M.

Bashing the decision making of Laden/Isiah/Walsh/Dantoni is not hating the Knicks. If it is then u hating on Lee & Nate has to be hating on the Knicks
PEACE :smokin: u know how we do
much :gony: Luv

I'll never hate Lee, I never liked (nor hated as a Knick) Nate, though I do now because he's a Celtic.

And yes, I do know how you do it. It's daaaaaaamn good too!:smokin:

Hazy8s.

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
To the OP, David Lee is not on the knicks, therefore should have been created on the NBA forum.

To those commenting about Lee's performance of the Warriors and Rockets game:

I actually watched the game. Lee was not a huge factor in winning it. He did contribute, but it was Ellis and Curry who dictated the win.

Offensively, Lee did little because the rockets just stuck a man in whatever lane Lee was camping at to prevent him from scoring. That is sad. NEVER would that happen to STAT. The used help defense on Curry in the first half, which allowed Ellis to get hot. At hafltime, they concentrated on Ellis which let Curry get hot. Half the time they didn't even pay attention to Lee. Seriously all they did was stick a couple of big bodies in the Lanes and watched Curry or Ellis like a hawk.

After that the rockets defensively broke down because they could not stop Ellis or Curry from crushing them.

Through that mess, Lee was able to get some garbage points.

Defensively, I cannot blame Scola's 36 sorely on Lee. The entire Golden State team played absolutely horrible garbage defense. Lee was forced to choose between a perimeter player who blew by his man or stick with his assigned man. In the end it did not matter what he chose because said perimeter player or Scola would score. Not entirely his fault; however, his defensive presence stinks in the first place. You stick Turiaf in that situation he would still cause someone to miss some of the time.

Do I miss Lee? No, because he didn't do anything for the Knicks. We never made the playoffs with him. He never turned us into winners. He never dominated.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Just watched the Golden State game they have put together a nice squad. Lee is just a complementary player there but it looks like they made some good decisions on bringing in guys that will make them better. Dorrell Wright is a stud, he would fit D'Ants ssol system perfectly, he's what Gallo should be, athletic, great 3 pt shooter and can handle and pass the ball.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
1 point, 1 assist...in 26 minutes...yeah

LOL

I saw a bunch of that game, same play from him.

Anyway, I put this in this forum cause the NBA forum isn't active. I didn't want this to be a negative Lee thread nor a thread for why he should still be here. I still wanted him to be here, but I moved on, root for what we have, and am excited about this team. If you read my first post in here I wanted this to be a nice thread.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Lee is a complimentary piece getting paid 80 million. I love his game. I love his hustle, but we could not afford him. No way the Knicks would give him that money. Lee is in the perfect situation at Golden State because he is now the 3rd cog to Ellis and Curry.

quiggle

Starter
get out of here, Lee is one of Isiah's guys like Crawford, Marbury, Curry and Larry Brown. you don't want that here for the new era.

Ewing2008

Rookie
The defense was off on the first game for GS because the entire team was not rotating and helping. They made adjustments, and the difference was much better in the second game. Blake Griffin was supposed to have a monster game but was held to only 14pts. GS cruised to a 20pt victory to open the season at 2-0. The first 2 and 0 start since the early 90's. Lee led both teams with 12 rebounds and was second in points with 15 for GS. What a difference playing along side a real core of players makes for Lee. What a difference adding an all star and one of only 3 players in the league who averaged 20 and 10 makes for Golden State. They have a chance to do some special things. Lee will be missed, but never be forgotten.