For the NYK fans who support MDA? Thank you for not running this man out of town.

TommyMSG

Rookie
It's just sad with the ammount of hate MDA gets around here. You cant even make a thread, in appreciation for what this man has done for NY: Without MDA getting knocked left & right with MDA hatred. When I created this thread? I asked in a nice way, for the MDA haters to stay out of this thread because they've already bashed the man in 100 other threads. You cant even talk about NY: without someone attacking MDA during each & every thread of every & every post.

Our D' will continue to improve as time goes on. Especially when we land a true C during the offseason. Until then? I'm loving the face that we have a top 3 offensive attack, I'm enjoying how MDA is leading us into the playoffs for the first time since 04 and unlike 04? We'll compete without getting swept. I appreciate the fact that MDA took this job, knowing that he had no chance in hell to win for 2-3 years. NY is only 2.5 back of the ATL for the 5 seed. The NYK's weren't expected to compete like this until 2012. He's the reason how we landed Amare.

How do you know that the defense will improve? You're giving MDA an awful lot of credit for improvements he hasn't even made yet.

moneyg

Starter
if it wasn't for D'Antoni in the first place, Amare wouldn't have come to NY, meaning no Melo, no CP3/DWill

STAT would of came to NY without O'antoni.. the mere fact they had a sit down was more to convince STAT to come to NY becuz of his dislike for O'antoni.. do you think if we had Tom Tibs.. do you think he would of sat down with STAT before he signed...

also... the money help...we were the only teams offering that much guaranteed money... if PHX offered the same money... mostlikely he stays in PHX..

WrongIslander

Rotation player
STAT would of came to NY without O'antoni.. the mere fact they had a sit down was more to convince STAT to come to NY becuz of his dislike for O'antoni.. do you think if we had Tom Tibs.. do you think he would of sat down with STAT before he signed...

also... the money help...we were the only teams offering that much guaranteed money... if PHX offered the same money... mostlikely he stays in PHX..

"I want to play for NY, I want to make 100m but can I put up with MDA the man that got me closest to a ring? HMMMM"

Yeah that conversation definetly happened.

I love the way people don't let their own feelings get in the way of a coherent and logical argument.

moneyg

Starter
"I want to play for NY, I want to make 100m but can I put up with MDA the man that got me closest to a ring? HMMMM"

Yeah that conversation definetly happened.

I love the way people don't let their own feelings get in the way of a coherent and logical argument.

im not even sure what you mean.. are u being sarcastic....

do you know why O'antoni had a sit down with STAT???

Toons

is the Bo$$
NO one has undying devotion for coach, we need players tho. Making the second round is a success. seeing how the playoffs were our goal. i agree that we can use a defensive coach. but it isnt as important as a centre and a bnch

MDA haters act like PHX "already" had a roster set when MDA took over back in 03. The only players who were on the team were Amare (2nd year), Joe Johnson (2nd year), Matrix & Barbosa (rookie).

They lie & say MDA never turned those players & franchise around. When MDA took over PHX ranked 11th in PPG, 26th on D' (proof that PHX had horrid D's before MDA), 21st in OFF & 24th in DEF boards.

04 was his 1st full year with PHX. Went from a 53 loss to a 62 win team. Amazing turn-around. MDA is only 1 of 3 coaches in NBA history to take a 50 loss team to a 60+ win team the following year. That year MDA added Nash, Q.Rich, Bo Outlaw & Jim Jackson. Went from 11th in PPG to 1st. Went from 21 & 24 in OFF & DEF rebounds to 1st & 17th in OFF & DEF boards.

Nash, Q.Richardson, Bo Outlaw, Jim Jackson, Raja Bell, Borris Diaw, Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Brian Grant, Eddie House, Shaq & Jalen Rose were ALL added by MDA after he took over.

Stop blaming MDA for NY's rebounding problems too. PHX always ranked top 10 in boards.

Toons

is the Bo$$
iv been trying to say this for months on end. rebounding and exrta possessions is the key to our offense. we need extra possesions, points off of turnovers, fast break scores. if we had a centre that only averages 7 boards a game we would have 10 more games under our belt

TommyMSG

Rookie
MDA haters act like PHX "already" had a roster set when MDA took over back in 03. The only players who were on the team were Amare (2nd year), Joe Johnson (2nd year), Matrix & Barbosa (rookie).

They lie & say MDA never turned those players & franchise around. When MDA took over PHX ranked 11th in PPG, 26th on D' (proof that PHX had horrid D's before MDA), 21st in OFF & 24th in DEF boards.

04 was his 1st full year with PHX. Went from a 53 loss to a 62 win team. Amazing turn-around. MDA is only 1 of 3 coaches in NBA history to take a 50 loss team to a 60+ win team the following year. That year MDA added Nash, Q.Rich, Bo Outlaw & Jim Jackson. Went from 11th in PPG to 1st. Went from 21 & 24 in OFF & DEF rebounds to 1st & 17th in OFF & DEF boards.

Nash, Q.Richardson, Bo Outlaw, Jim Jackson, Raja Bell, Borris Diaw, Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Brian Grant, Eddie House, Shaq & Jalen Rose were ALL added by MDA after he took over.

Stop blaming MDA for NY's rebounding problems too. PHX always ranked top 10 in boards.

I've got news for you: this isn't the Phoenix Suns. What is it with some Knicks homers who absolutely refuse to criticize the team or its coaches? We're an average team at best. All I've heard from MDA supporters is that he'll turn the tea around, and you all seem pretty damn convinced. My question to you is WHY are you so sure? Can Knicks fans still be true fans and believe his coaching style isn't commensurate with that of a championship coach, or should we all just believe in his plan as if he's The Great Leader.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I've got news for you: this isn't the Phoenix Suns. What is it with some Knicks homers who absolutely refuse to criticize the team or its coaches? We're an average team at best. All I've heard from MDA supporters is that he'll turn the tea around, and you all seem pretty damn convinced. My question to you is WHY are you so sure? Can Knicks fans still be true fans and believe his coaching style isn't commensurate with that of a championship coach, or should we all just believe in his plan as if he's The Great Leader.

Like this guy. +1 to Rep.

There are a few on this board Tommy despite seeing the stats that defensive teams win ring, stick to D'Antoni like he is the second coming. I don't think anything will convince them otherwise until he fails to gt a ring with two superstars like Melo and Amar'e.... and even then.

Basketball is a team game on both the offensive and defensive end. D'Antoni has not defensive plans for his teams. It is horrid to watch our guys both before and after the trade on defense. We will never win a ring with this type of effort. Two offensive powerhouses like Amar'e and Melo have never really needed to play D before. Now they have a desire to do so, and no one to teach them how to do it.