Forum software upgrade

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, guys
Given the troubleshooting we've had for the past 6 months or so, we identified that the problem is being caused by the current forum software, which uses an older version of php. Because of it, the forum generates large log files with errors that in 2-3 days can take up the entire disk space, causing the website to be unreachable.
Since a newer version of vbulletin (5) is not something that i incline to upgrade to for various reasons (it looks old and outdated, doesn't seem to worth the price they're asking), i acquired a license from a different company and later this week we're gonna do the switch to the new forum software (not sure exactly when but i will notify - probably on friday).
I already installed the new forum and am currently testing it; don't expect a personalized theme this week, it will probably run for a while on it's default settings and in time it will get slowly to a more familiar KO look and feel.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Tried to run the upgrade but it failed miserably, almost three hours wasted. Will try again tomorrow and hopefully by this time we'll be swimming into a brand new pool

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Upgrade done! Let me know if it works well for everyone, how do you like it?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Tapatalk connection established, those using it should just be able to use it after login confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk