Gallo Is Officially Heading Backwards

richtree

Rotation player
His back problems have kept him from becoming faster and improving his lateral movement.

He needs a summer of good health to transforms from a guy that plays basketball to a full blown basketball player.

Gallo needs to get to the foul line every game. He needs to be able to pump fake and get into the elbow area to create for teammates, get a 15 ft. jump shot, or draw show fouls without losing the ball.

He is becoming an elite shoot like Dirk, but isn't an elite scorer. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

He is very young, but needs to improve quickly.

TunerAddict

Starter
Correction: Harrington is our best player, Gallo is our best 3pt shooter.

How can you say Gallo is our best player when he doesn't even have the broad skill set that Harrington has?

Harrington is nothing special. Dumb cat that is a hot and cold shooter. Doesn't even play to his strengths...

mafra

Legend
Are we seriously taking it this far

ARE WE REALLY GOING TO KNOCK DOWN GALLO NOW, BECAUSE THE KNICKS SUCK

GET OVER IT.

THIS IS JUST STUPID INTOLERABLE,

"HE SHOULD BE DOING MORE"

"HE IS TAKING A STEP BACKWARDS"

DUDE THERE WERE NIGHTS KEVIN DURANT WENT LIKE 3-16 AND THE THUNDER WOULD GET BLOWN OUT BY 30.

ONLY IN NEW YORK MAN HAHA

THIS GUY IS THE BEST THING THATS HIT MANHATTEN SINCE EWING WAS DRAFTED...LITERALLY.

IN HIS FIRST FULL YEAR HE IS THE MOST EFFICIENT THREE POINT SHOOTER IN THE LEAGUE, HAS A HIGHER BASKETBALL IQ THAN ANY ONE ON OUR TEAM. PLAYS HARD EVERY PLAY ON DEFENSE, HITS BIG SHOTS DOWN THE STRETCH WHEN EVERYONE ELSE HOLDS THE BALL, IS OUR BEST PASSING WING/BIG/MAYBE BEST PASSING PLAYER PERIOD. HE IS AUTO FROM THE FREE THROW LINE, PLAYERS AROUND THE LEAGUE RESPECT HIM, HE IS A CLASS GUY, WITH A POSITIVE DEMEANOR, LEADS BY EXAMPLE. COMES TO THE GAMES ALWAYS PREPARED REGARDLESS OF STARTING OR COMING OFF THE BENCH. HIS PRODUCTION HAS SLOWED ONLY SINCE COMING OFF OF THE BENCH. THE ONLY NEGATIVE ASPECT TO GALLOS GAME IS THE FACT HE HAS NOT NOTCHED 82 GAMES IN HIS CAREER YET, AND EVERY NIGHT IS A NEW EXPERIENCE FOR HIM TO GET COMFORTABLE WITH , IN TERMS OF TRAVEL, BACK TO BACK GAMES, DIFFERENT DEFENSIVE SETS, DIFFERENT DEFENSIVE ASSIGNMENTS, COMING OFF THE BENCH THEN STARTING, GUARDING 3 TO 4 DIFFERENT POSITIONS.

GET OVER IT

THIS THREAD IS OVER

CAPS or not, you're still missing the point of this thread. You're too busy mudslinging that you're not noticing the elephant in the corner of the room...

I repeat: Do you have an issue with Gallo taking 15 3-pointers (of his 17 shots), and if this (D'ant's coaching) is actually hurting or helping the future of our franchise player?

Regardless of my IQ, or overreaction, I do think it's fair to ask the question.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Harrington is nothing special. Dumb cat that is a hot and cold shooter. Doesn't even play to his strengths...

How is he nothing special when he can score in so many different ways? Gallo's strength (singular) is 3 point shooting which is fine but presently Harrington brings more to the table from a talent standpoint.

Paul1355

All Star
The silly turnover?

Every ****ing player commits dumb turnovers. Lee has had multiple 5 TO games this season.

You're locking on one guy, the guy who has been the most consistent all season.

Worse part is that you're saying this based on one game. How ignorant can someone be? He works hard, he has double digit bounding games recently, a slew of multi-block games, etc...

One game doesn't negate a season of success and consistency, just like a guy scoring a 100 points in one game and then shooting 1-50 for the next 30 doesn't validate him.

Your sample size for criticism is far too small.

I agree....Mafra's criticism is over done.

Gallo should drive more, I agree, but he can chuck up three point shots because he shoots 45% from three point land!

Gallo needs minutes and he is not a dumb player whatsoever.

He will realize that always chucking shots does nt create point, this is why he did drive a couple times last game.

Gallo just has to learn to get open.

ANU

Starter
ANU PLEASE tell me that smh isnt towards me man, I was hoping you of all people would have enough logic to support gallo, knowing how bad everyone elses basketbal IQ is

I Said this the other night, half jokingly, but always truthfully that even Jared Jefferies "IQ" is at a higher level than 90 percent of the team, its sad his talent level is arguably the worst on the team, but in truth as fans

we get on the wrong players.

Hugh, Jefferies, and Gallo are our three best pure overall basketball players.
hughes has prove it by having better all around seasons than any current knick has or will ever have. Gallo proves it by changing the game as a rokie, and jefferies proves it by impacting the game in a positive manner without scoring the ball.

other than that the rest of the team can go

bye bye
lol.what are you talking about.it was directed at mafra for this thread.the only thing i agree with him is that mike might be doing more harm than good for this kid because he's a douchebag.

th3realicon

Rotation player
Gallo going in the wrong direction? Now ive seen it all.

Appart from the fact that he is our best shooter, people need realize he is only 20 years old.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm assuming Mafra that you're a very, very bad loser seeing you started this thread after the Bulls loss. 1 game dude. 1 game.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
mafra your a good poster, u jst get caught up in the moment at times, got a game tonight against charlotte hopefully gallo plays really well, and does anyone know whether harrington or gallo is starting? jw but it doesnt really matter to me, they've both been effective starting or being the 6th man