Game Thread .. Knicks @ Spurs (Game #36)

Kiyaman

Legend
As a crazy Knicks fan I had big expectation of the Knicks having a 3 game win streak after the Texas road trip.
After watching the Knicks/Mavs game I'm not sure of anything, even the 11-23 Spurs game

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 53 - Spurs 64

Randle taking the technical foul shot over Quickley is so selfish. I really hate that aspect of Randle.
Quickley was at the free throw line and Randle just went over to shoot and Quickley walked away.
Randle missed the FT.
Randle's selfishness and poor leadership has his teammates upset with all the Iso Randle shooting 6-14 for 21 pts, but the team looked BAD and sloppy the first half

Kiyaman

Legend
End of 3rd Quarter .. Knicks 79 - Spurs 92

The best thing to say, Randle played 33 minutes and touch the ball on every Knicks offensive possession .. Randle at point forward calling all the shots are gonna give Spurs a 20 pt lead

Kiyaman

Legend
Another Knicks opponent gets a career high .... Tom Thibs Defense ???
Cam Reddish 2-Way performance was missing in this game too.
Tonight, we desperately needed a PG!
Tonight, we could've used D.Rose leadership in 2nd half.
Tonight, The Knicks offense (was Quickley & Randle) there was little to no ball-movement on the offensive end of the court, which had teammates Grimes, McBride, and MitchRob's effortless on defense.
Tonight, the Knicks two ball controller in the rotation were Randle & Quickley dribbling, and over dribbling.
Tonight, Quickley actually played the same selfish role as RJ Barrett .. shoot first!
Randle is better at the PF position, and need to let go of the point-forward, and the fake leadership. Not letting McBride share the PG duties with Quickley throughout the game made McBride actually useless on the court.

mafra

Legend
It looks like Randle and IQ taking 54 shots isn’t a recipe for success. The great news is this 5-game slide obliterates any delusion Leon Rose may be under, to make marginal improvements to this current roster, in preparation of a playoff run.

My fear is, in an attempt at self-preservation, he sells the future to build around JB-JR-RJ to simply emerge from play-in… sell Dolan on mediocre hope.

The kids are nice; assets always good to have. But this team is still in roster building mode. The foundation isn’t even set yet, so no attempts should be made to start finishing the structure. Anything and everything is open.

1) Must shed EF’s contract
2) Must find value and trade Randle
3) Lottery should be goal, not play-in

I like a Kuzma deal, but only if you trade Randle. Not sure if I want to give him big deal tho, but maybe he opts in to his 2023 player option of 13 mil.

Broadway

All Star
It looks like Randle and IQ taking 54 shots isn’t a recipe for success. The great news is this 5-game slide obliterates any delusion Leon Rose may be under, to make marginal improvements to this current roster, in preparation of a playoff run.

My fear is, in an attempt at self-preservation, he sells the future to build around JB-JR-RJ to simply emerge from play-in… sell Dolan on mediocre hope.

The kids are nice; assets always good to have. But this team is still in roster building mode. The foundation isn’t even set yet, so no attempts should be made to start finishing the structure. Anything and everything is open.

1) Must shed EF’s contract
2) Must find value and trade Randle
3) Lottery should be goal, not play-in

I like a Kuzma deal, but only if you trade Randle. Not sure if I want to give him big deal tho, but maybe he opts in to his 2023 player option of 13 mil.
Kuzma is looking for a big deal $20mil + and supposedly a Big Market which is why his name keeps coming up on the trade market. In some ways I can agree with concern for paying certain players, at the same time I'd love to get my hands on a Shai Gilgeous or a Bol Bol. Here's the thing when you look across the league you're not going to get a STAR or a budding talent on controlled cost easily, it's not happening

Knicks have no track record of doing so

We either go for the usual suspects Gordon Hayward, John Collins, Myles Turner, Buddy Hield, DeAngelo Russell, aside from the other two I mentioned in Tobias and Lavine or leave the team as is and watch it bottom out again. None of those names appear all that attractive to be honest. We don't have the options we think we have

I'm fine with Kuzma cuhz I feel he's in his prime and ready for a big challenge this stage in his career. Might be a better fit with Brunson and crew not seeing him as a ball stopper/iso player. I believe he'll play any role asked of him, whether it's defend, rebound, score, play make, make big shots. Taking that into consideration, agree Randle has to be on his way out...can't have both on our roster. I saw earlier in the yr Randle's name linked to the Miami Heat which is why I suggested trading him there. With Randle gone we can increase roles and responsibilities of players like Obi, Sims, Robinson, Grimes and ask Brunson, Kuzma, and RJ to lead more on and off the court

Last edited:
Kiya, I have to agree with you about Randle taking the free throw... BAD and Damaging!!
Question: Can Randle cancer be cured or is it to far gone to save??
I was always hoping that Randle could be save if he goes back to being the player he was at N.O.

This is a coaching problem because Thib's should have told Randle to back off. It show just how much control Thib's has over the players.
Last time I saw any real coaching was with Mike Miller and you know how long that been.