Game thread: New York Knicks @ Atlanta Hawks 11/7/2018 [Game #12]

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Problem is Frank can’t shoot and won’t go to the cup either so he doesn’t breakdown the defense. So he’s not a PG. Not to mention Frank get’s eaten alive by smaller, quicker NBA guards to the factor that his wingspan doesn’t help as he gets blown by so fast. So Frank is a man without a position and the Knicks brass are scared to admit they should have fired Fail-Jax before this failed lottery pick so...Hard to sell the process with 60 games left in another tank season to your fan base when Frank is exhibit A of process failure. I have an idea: STOP drafting frenchies. We are trying to make buckets not croissants:)

You must not be watching the game.

Frank is shutting down Young (0 points, 0-4 fg)

So far he has 11 points, 3 assists, 1 steal.

Stop making false statements please.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Frank is 100 times better than Mudiay !!!
Frank is a system PG in the NBA .. Get a SYSTEM !!!

System???? Lol:) Coach(?) FIZ doesn’t even draw up plays as evidenced by the end of the Bulls game. We had chances win but couldn’t even get a good shot off. The Knicks don’t even have a “puke” play like “Semi-Pro.” You know a go to play you can run with your eyes closed and you are so tired that you wanna puke. The Knicks were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. And Frank is no stopper because if he was he should have checked Levine and stopped him from his career high. And yes Levine is a guard so yes Frank would have been on Levine if Frank was some great stopper.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
We're up 72-63 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd Quarter :gony:

Timmy with 18 points, Frank & Vonleh with 11 points each

jimkcchief88

All Star
You must not be watching the game.

Frank is shutting down Young (0 points, 0-4 fg)

So far he has 11 points, 3 assists, 1 steal.

Stop making false statements please.

You are right I’m not watching the game after watching that abomination against the Bulls the other night. I ain’t paying a cent to watch out of market Knick’s games and I’ve been Knicks fan since 91’ But excuse me if I’m not blown away by Franks’ stat line. 11 points? Good for Frank. Not good for the 8th overall lottery pick. And I bet Tre is off more than having Frank on him. I haven’t seen Frank shut ANYONE down.

tiger0330

Legend
Mudiay with back to back 3s after replacing Nits who picked up his 4th foul. Knicks open up a 9 pt lead after THJ jumper.

tiger0330

Legend
Frank should be doing to Trae what Enes did to Len, use his size and back him down in the post to score a layup or get fouled.

mafra

Legend
14-3-3 for Knits (2-4 from downtown)... 32 from Timmy... double-doubles from both kanter and Vonleh. 16-4-1 from Trier. Mudiay 11-5-3.

Dotson with 3 and Knox with 0 and MRob with 3 and 5... not exactly inspiring from all 3...

Timmy might be playing himself into trade material...

Just fun watching a true team. We lose ping pongs but you can?t expect ATL to beat us.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 14
The post game show called out Ntilikina?s smothering defense against Trae Young tonight. Only someone who didn?t watch the game would be criticizing it.

Bunch of guys gave solid minutes, but the Hawks stink and were playing the 2nd game of a back to back.

This team needs to commit to getting MRob and Knox out on the court. That?s our future.

mafra

Legend
Young was 1-7 from downtown. Knits probably had something to do with that.

Chauncey Billups was 21 his rookie year in BOS/TOR... he the played another 4 seasons (DEN/MIN) before arriving in DET.

He averaged 9 ppg and 3 apg his age 24 season.

To recap, CB was 26 years-old, on his 5th team in 5 years when he first laced them up for the Pistons. He averaged 11, 14, 8, 9, and 12 ppg those first 5 seasons.

Just think... Knits is still only 20!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
System???? Lol:) Coach(?) FIZ doesn?t even draw up plays as evidenced by the end of the Bulls game. We had chances win but couldn?t even get a good shot off. The Knicks don?t even have a ?puke? play like ?Semi-Pro.? You know a go to play you can run with your eyes closed and you are so tired that you wanna puke. The Knicks were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. And Frank is no stopper because if he was he should have checked Levine and stopped him from his career high. And yes Levine is a guard so yes Frank would have been on Levine if Frank was some great stopper.

Frank only played 16 minute vs the Bulls Lavine .. 4 min each quarter.
If Fizdale were a real NBA head coach, he would have put Baker on Lavine for 1 or 2 quarters for the win!

Having a inexperience head coach like Fizdale where 99.9% of our points come from 3-ball or isolation scoring, plus there's no type of communication plays on offense other than give the ball to Timmy .. Under Fizdale type of no-coaching all Frank can do is what he been doing.
Fizdale type of coaching got Burke confuse every second on the court because there's no set plan.
We dont have either of our PG get the ball down low to Kanter in the paint, i guess because that would be called a play involving 3 teammates.

As a Knick fan .. I was expecting to see Frank/Burke n Kanter develop a close relationship on a offensive picknroll or give n go, or alleyoop down-low as the Knick starters the first 15 games of the season. What I see is a Knick team a couple points better than the Lottery Hawks team.

mafra

Legend
In the first half, Knits 11 to Young?s 0.

Per Ian Bagley:

Knicks GM Scott Perry is on the road with the team. An eye witness said Perry was visibly upset during portions of the first half in Atlanta. The Knicks gave up 57 points to the Hawks and trailed by three after two quarters. Doesn't seem like Perry has any interest in tanking.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
The post game show called out Ntilikina’s smothering defense against Trae Young tonight. Only someone who didn’t watch the game would be criticizing it.

Bunch of guys gave solid minutes, but the Hawks stink and were playing the 2nd game of a back to back.

This team needs to commit to getting MRob and Knox out on the court. That’s our future.

That’s cool you guys are right Frank is awesome meanwhile around the NBA our former PG DRose is going ham again um um um:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Fantastic finish in LA Tyson Chandler rolls to contest a DRose buzzer beater. Looked like a foul to me. DRose still dropped 31(7-9) from 3. Thibbs put the band together again in Minnie.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I guess we are swinging between winning games and developing the young core.... we want to win games of course, but in order to see what each player can give they need to play, I guess that is why the rotation is messy for coach Fiz. we have a lot of young players who can blossom into something great, but you can't know if they will or not unless you give them chance to play/start/off the bench/this position, that position...etc. still we can't help it, we want to win now if we can... so go figure... we can have more chemistry maybe if we settle on a rotation, and maybe win more games, but that means many players will not get the chance to show us what they are capable off....

Frank looks lik an intelligent player, but when we compare him to his draft class sometimes he looks slow..... although I think he will be great in couple of years once he is more aggressive, but again, he could stay like that.....

I remember somebody was saying Dot is a very good defender, is it me only or Dot really can't defend anything? players keep blowing by him ??!!