Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Atlanta Hawks 5/30/2021 1:00 pm [Game #4]

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I can’t lie I’m watching the 500 and the Knicks are in my little kitchen TV. We can’t win with JR playing this bad. Drose is our 1st option and that’s pitiful. Shame JR/RJ:(
The Knicks don't even deserve a '90s standard definition mini TV with the way they're playing.

I mean, do the Hawks miss? Every 15 seconds they?re draining a shot. Gallo is throwing down dunks. We can?t hit open layups. Atlanta has dominated us.

Why even bother with a game 5? They own us at this point.

I wish I had something insightful to say. All I can come up with is that Atlanta looks like a better team than us by far on their home court. We needed that game 1, obviously. We need to fight like hell to not let them finish us on our home court in game 5.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I wish I had something insightful to say. All I can come up with is that Atlanta looks like a better team than us by far on their home court. We needed that game 1, obviously. We need to fight like hell to not let them finish us on our home court in game 5.

Yup that game 1 floater killed us. Our 1&2 scoring options playing like garbage and I mean garbage. JR making John Starks game 7 look good. And all those draft busts KK/Frank useless. Our goose looks cooked. Nate figured us out and ATL had more talent. The only guys playing are the old Bulls Drose/Taj. Gotta get a legit scoring option. ATL playoff defense put RJ/JR in their place.

Randle finishes with 23 points, 10 boards, and 7 assists. He didn?t shoot well, but Randle and RJ combined to shoot 44% from the floor.

Honestly, there were games this season where what Randle, RJ, and Rose gave us today on offense would have been enough to win if we played dominant defense. We either need to shut Atlanta down (which seems impossible given what Trae Young is doing) or we need much more on offense.

Bullock and Quickley combined to go 0 for 7. Burks went 4 for 12.

Yeah, I?m not pinning this loss on Randle and RJ. Obviously, it?s a team loss to get outplayed that badly but our ?shooters? once again didn?t show up. Randle is the focus of Atlanta?s defense. RJ took what he was given. Rose and Taj played well. Not even close to enough unless our defense was a brick wall today, which it wasn?t.

mafra

Legend
Guys gonna bash Randle and RJ. But they ain?t getting any help. Bullock, Burks, IQ have shown up in just 3 of the quarters in those series. 4x4 is 16 quarters. The 3 have combined for 48 quarters of action, and they?ve been a liability in offense in 45/48 quarters.

Randle gets the blame, but RB, AB and IQ have done nothing to help this team win.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Guys gonna bash Randle and RJ. But they ain?t getting any help. Bullock, Burks, IQ have shown up in just 3 of the quarters in those series. 4x4 is 16 quarters. The 3 have combined for 48 quarters of action, and they?ve been a liability in offense in 45/48 quarters.

Randle gets the blame, but RB, AB and IQ have done nothing to help this team win.
Ee
I?m one of the guys bashing. RJ had the most quiet 21 points ever. And JR was horrible as well despite his line. I know Bullock shot bricks(again we need a white boy who spends the hair braiding time in the gym doris Burke agreed

mafra

Legend
?As Noel took the second free throw, Young stepped off the bench onto the court. Isn?t that an ejection & automatic suspension? I?m pretty sure that?s the rule. Plus it?d karmically balance the injustice of the 1997 suspensions vs. Miami. I?m only interested in hearing agreement with this take. Thank you.?

P&T

Suspend him. Like Ewing