Venue
TV
TIME
Barclays Center, Brooklyn, NY
TNT
7:30 PM EST

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game Thread Rady .. We are playing the Brooklyn Nets .. A must win Game!
Another below .500 team we need to put (a 5 player) bench lineup on the court to get the bench-players to co-exist together on offense/defense.
We started the season getting 30 to 50 points a game from our 4 bench players. Now we be lucky to get 20 points from the bench.

Kiyaman

Legend
End of the First Quarter .. Knicks 26 - Nets 28
Jericho Sims played all 12 minutes scoring 4 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, and 4 Blocks
Randle 9 pts
Brunson 8 pts

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 50 - Nets 49
Nets 8 man rotation hanging close to the Knicks 9 man rotation
Randle 13 pts on 4-10 FG
Brunson 18 pts on 7-12 FG
10 pts from bench on 4-11 FG

Kiyaman

Legend
End of the 3rd Quarter .. Knicks 76 - Nets 85
The Nets one Nova player (Bridges) out-played our 3 Nova players in the 3rd Qtr. for a 9 point lead.
Randle 21 pts
Brunson 24 pts
Nets
Mikal Bridges 33 pts
Cam 19 pts

Kiyaman

Legend
Brunson taking over the 4th quarter .. Randle to Precious for a dunk, then Randle with the put back for a Knicks 1 point lead 98-97 Knicks .. 4 minutes remain in game

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks WIN outscoring the Nets in the 4th Qtr. 32-18 for a 108-103 win
The Nets last game the Clippers outscored the Nets 41-15 in the 4th quarter for a 125-114 win

mafra

Legend
Not pretty but a win is a win. Brunson and Randle the 30-30 boys. Julius drains a huge 3 to give them the lead late. A missed FT and foolish steal attempt by OG leads to a clean look at a 3 to tie with 5 seconds left but clank…. A miss.

27-17! Ten games above .500.

After the lowest point imaginable for a NYK fan, the Phil Jax era (2014-2017)… an epic run of failure… then stupid Gaines draft decisions… then woeful choices of Frankie and Knox over Mitchell and SGA… Knicks never reached this plateau….

But they started to rebuild… RJ and IQ…. Randle and Brunson moves…. Leon Rose did what PJ couldn’t… win a playoff series and now build a 50-win team. Franchise heading in right direction, but this could easily fall apart…. A Barnani type deal and team is back where it began. Smart moves are what’s needed.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Jalen Brunson over the last 5 games:

30 PTS - 3 REB - 4 AST - 50% FG
38 PTS - 5 REB - 9 AST - 56% FG
41 PTS - 8 REB - 8 AST - 51% FG
30 PTS - 3 REB - 7 AST - 52% FG
30 PTS - 2 REB - 8 AST - 45% FG

Kiyaman

Legend
Jalen Brunson over the last 5 games:

30 PTS - 3 REB - 4 AST - 50% FG
38 PTS - 5 REB - 9 AST - 56% FG
41 PTS - 8 REB - 8 AST - 51% FG
30 PTS - 3 REB - 7 AST - 52% FG
30 PTS - 2 REB - 8 AST - 45% FG

Those are all-star stats ......
While fans are voting for the All-Star Ballots .. Brunson and Randle are putting-up all-star stats numbers each game when the 4 bench players should be getting more playing time at the start of the midseason games.
Tonight, our bench players were playing on the same poor chemistry level together as the the Nets 4th quarter performance in tonite game, and Clippers game. the last two games.

Kiyaman

Legend
43 games into the season (no backup PF), and both of our centers had to be out injured to force coach Thibs to give our 3rd season BIG Jericho Sims 27 minutes of playing-time. If we add up all the minutes Sims receive in the 43 games they probably total up to 27 minutes. We should've been the team to hire Doc Rivers as head coach in the middle of the season to prepare 10 or 11 players for a playoff run.
I may be a 50 year old Knicks fan, but I was born and raised in Brooklyn.
And if I went to Barkley Center with my Brooklyn friends to watch the Nets vs another team other than the Knicks.
We would have been raising hell before the start of the 4th quarter .. my Brooklyn friends and I would've been screaming at all the officials, and the official table, before the 4th quarter start about the Nets only getting 5 FT shots on team that foul every time on defense, plus pointing out all the players on the other team that fouls every time they on the defensive end. We would have made the Nets head coach stand up and agree with us to get a tech