Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets (2014/11/24)

Yeah, for the pro-tanking KOL contingent, this was another 'win'. I will never root for this team to lose, but I understand the people whose hopes are a high draft pick. Keep in mind though, that even as bad as we have been, there are still 6 other teams with the same record as us or worse. Granted that includes OKC, who will obviously improve when injured players return, but still we could suffer through this whole season and still easily not be in position for an impact player. Oh, whatever, maybe I'll watch the D league game tomorrow night and hope that our version of the Greek freak is the real deal.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, for the pro-tanking KOL contingent, this was another 'win'. I will never root for this team to lose, but I understand the people whose hopes are a high draft pick. Keep in mind though, that even as bad as we have been, there are still 6 other teams with the same record as us or worse. Granted that includes OKC, who will obviously improve when injured players return, but still we could suffer through this whole season and still easily not be in position for an impact player. Oh, whatever, maybe I'll watch the D league game tomorrow night and hope that our version of the Greek freak is the real deal.

Knicks have sold the fans the idea of next year now for 6 years. The team we had in 2006-2008 is better than what we have now... So,I am finally buying in. I refuse to invest any emotion or much time. I love the team so will always follow. I will always root for them to win... But I know what's best for our future.... Losing. So, as the losses mount I refuse to fret.

if we don't get Gasol or a big free agent we are screwed. We saw with Lebron... No lock we get anybody. We have no pick in 2016. We need a franchise type player next summer in the draft. Maybe balls bounce our way, maybe not. But if we have a top 6 pick... I am confident we will score big...

Although Steph Curry falling almost to us still hurts... As does watching Noah play for CHI, courtesy of fatty Edie curry

Kiyaman

Legend
Up 6 with under 9 to play in the 4th... And 3 consecutive JR turnovers on 3 consecutive possessions and just like that HOU up 1.

How much longer must we endure JR Smith?

When Melo not playing, JR plays to lose that game, and visa - versa
Derek Fisher is a FAKER .... in those final 9 minute of the game rookie coach fisher played a 4-Guard offense with no rebounders, the Rockets were getting 2nd and 3rd chance shots

pat

Starter
When Melo not playing, JR plays to lose that game, and visa - versa
Derek Fisher is a FAKER .... in those final 9 minute of the game rookie coach fisher played a 4-Guard offense with no rebounders, the Rockets were getting 2nd and 3rd chance shots

Kiya, give the man a break. At times you can see what he wants to install as our system. At times the ball movement looks surprisingly good. Especially on curl plays. Maybe at some point Dolan will see the light and allow Phil to do what has to be done.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Knicks have sold the fans the idea of next year now for 6 years. The team we had in 2006-2008 is better than what we have now... So,I am finally buying in. I refuse to invest any emotion or much time. I love the team so will always follow. I will always root for them to win... But I know what's best for our future.... Losing. So, as the losses mount I refuse to fret.

if we don't get Gasol or a big free agent we are screwed. We saw with Lebron... No lock we get anybody. We have no pick in 2016. We need a franchise type player next summer in the draft. Maybe balls bounce our way, maybe not. But if we have a top 6 pick... I am confident we will score big...

Although Steph Curry falling almost to us still hurts... As does watching Noah play for CHI, courtesy of fatty Edie curry

Yep maybe the league will "rig" the lottery for us like they did for the Bulls a couple years ago a la D Rose. It's really bad business the have two of your three major markets(NY/LA) both with teams this bad. Gives a little credence to Jerry Krause when he said "organizations win championships." All it takes is rich dummies like Buss Jr. and Dolan to destroy storied franchises um um um:(

tiger0330

Legend
Yep maybe the league will "rig" the lottery for us like they did for the Bulls a couple years ago a la D Rose. It's really bad business the have two of your three major markets(NY/LA) both with teams this bad. Gives a little credence to Jerry Krause when he said "organizations win championships." All it takes is rich dummies like Buss Jr. and Dolan to destroy storied franchises um um um:(
Chief being a Bullie you should be well aware of what a crapshoot it is building a team through the draft. Just to mention a few names of guys they drafted in the post MJ era that were busts, Marcus Fizer, Tyrus Thomas, Eddie Curry and Jay Williams. The Knicks really have it tough with no pick next year to try to build a team through the draft.

PJ's best chance is to buy the talent like all the past GM's have done but it isn't going to be easy talking these FA's into coming to NY for a lot of reasons.

paris401

Starter
J's best chance is to buy the talent like all the past GM's have done but it isn't going to be easy talking these FA's into coming to NY for a lot of reasons.

what FA in their rite mind wouldn't want to come to 7th ave and play with Me-Lo and JR...???... unless ofcourse u want to win a ring... but if u want some of dolan's $$$$... come on down....

disGRUNTled

Rookie
My reaction anytime we lose a game this year I am all for this team tanking .
original

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya, give the man a break. At times you can see what he wants to install as our system. At times the ball movement looks surprisingly good. Especially on curl plays. Maybe at some point Dolan will see the light and allow Phil to do what has to be done.

I was a top runner for Fisher being our head coach.
Yes, at first i wanted Fisher to be our top assistant headcoach under headcoach Kerr (ex-GM).

Its obvious now .. Melo and Fisher are TANKING the Knicks season.
Melo left the game with injury in the 2nd quarter when the Knicks were losing by 12 points.
All of a sudden without Melo the Knicks came back to take a 6 point lead over Rockets.
Coach Fisher having a 6 pt lead put 4 guards on the court the remaining 9 minutes of the game.
The high pick n roll gave the Rockets 2nd and 3rd chance shots throughout the 9 minutes to win the game.
Thanx Fisher, i guess it wouldnt look good for the Knicks to win without their $124M player.

P.S. We also have to thank JRsmith 3 straight turnovers in a row in the 4th quarter who turned a Knicks 6 pt lead into a Rocket 1 point lead :teeth:.
:smokin::gony: :smokin: