Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Memphis Grizzlies 8:00 1/17/2018 [Game #45]

mafra

Legend
Knicks get rebound but now MB fumbles away the fastbreak. Man, this team is UGLY when they pick up the pace.... offensive rebound now for MEM.... puts lead to 6.

tiger0330

Legend
Damn two great opportunities to tie it. KP steals it but gets blocked at the rim on his breakaway and Beasley turns it over on his drive on a play he usually makes 9 out of 10.

KP with 21 points, 9 boards, 6 blocks, and 3 steals. People keep trashing him, but he has done plenty tonight. Someone else needs to step up.

dk7th

Benchwarmer
hardaway should have boxed out green. no fundamentals. no way he should have gotten that stuff putback. damn!

mafra

Legend
4 point game but KP misses an ISO and Timmy doesn?t box out, so MEM slams home the Off rebound. 6 point lead with a minute left.

This loss was all about effort. NY just didn?t play with enough energy and spirit..... was this bc of the road woes? That lame excuse is that they can?t get it going without the home crowd supporting them.... Was this pathetic attempt to compete the result of 5 games in 8 days?

Whatever it is.... losing to MEM (who was without Gasol and Conley) has to be worst team we lost to this year.

Knicks down 102-99 and grab defensive rebound with 25 seconds left, with a chance to tie.... but ref makes worst call ever and calls foul away from rebound.... says KP held. A disgrace of a call. Players, not refs, should decide games. A call like this should get a reprimand and a suspension.... you simply cannot make this call.

tiger0330

Legend
Clee 3 cuts the lead to 3. But KP is charged with a loose ball foul on a Griz miss and the Griz get the ball back with :25 left.

mafra

Legend
The ref makes a bad toss (before NYK player was ready) and Memphis player commits violation.... what does Derek Stamford do? Calls technical on Lee... yep, the same ref who called a foul on KP... methinks a ref is dictating outcome for gamblers. A disgrace. Who calls a technical in a 3-point game with 17 seconds?

Ok, big baby. Had your big moment deciding a game with your tech call on Lee? **** off ref. Grow the **** up.

We lose. The game ball goes to the ****in ref who decided to decide a 3 point game with a tech call. I hope Lee kills him.

mafra

Legend
Oh, **** this ref. **** this ****in ref.

I?ve never seen 2 worse calls in such a quick sequence, deciding a game, and made by the same official. Derek Stafford obviously has money on the game.... no other explanation makes sense. The 2-minute report will claim he was wrong.... doesn?t help NY. NBA needs to hold refs accountable.... he should be suspended and investigated. He was paid handsomely to sway outcome.... I would love to know what the spread was in this game.

After MEM made the technical, down 4, there was little chance team would win anyway... so....

Horn is a moron tho. After the technical I would?ve marched team off the court to make a statement and protest the game. This would?ve brought attention to the nefarious officiating down the stretch and forced NBA to address it. Now, well, nobody will know bettwr

tiger0330

Legend
Crazy last play. Knicks are in a intentional foul play. Evans anticipates hes going to get fouled but the Knicks steal the ball instead of fouling him. Griz fight for the ball and manage to tie up the ball for a jump ball. Theres a problem with the first jump ball and they have to rejump, CLee has something to say and they T him up. Evans makes the freebie and its all over. Griz win it 105-99. Knicks now 20-25, Jazz and Lakers next before it really gets tough. Might be ugly end of JAN or wonderful if you're on the tank.

Paul1355

All Star
Knicks coming in this game with no defense and getting out hustled is inexcusable when they are losing their chance to make an 8th seed..if they continue to lose before deadline then they need to make some trades, play the young guys and look
Towards next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
They took a good ref off the floor like Monty McCutcheon and made him a Vp, his job to make the quality of the refereeing better. Look at all the complaints about the refereeing, first thing they could do is make it a point of emphasis not to T up players on every petty thing a player says or does. I'd like to see a challenge call in the last minutes to be able to look at fouls in addition to the other things review looks at. The refing is getting horrendous, they need to look at some changes for next season.