Game thread: New York Knicks @ Minnesota Timberwolves 11/20/2023 8:00pm [Game #14]

rady

Administrator
Staff member

gt.png

NYK.gif
at.png
MIN.gif

(8-5) -- (9-3)

Venue
TV
TIME
Target Center, Minneapolis, MN
MSG
8:00 PM EST

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game Thread Rady .. We are playing against even competition tonight in Minnesota
50-50 odds tonight

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 56 - Wolves 58
The Wolves 2nd unit (5) bench lineup were out-scoring our 2nd unit (4) bench lineup.
We had to put Brunson, Randle, and MitchRob back into the game quick before the Wolves grab a 10 pt lead for the half.
Brunson 14 pts, 5 ast
Barrett 12 pts
Randle 11 pts
No player on the Wolves scored in double digit, but all 10 players scored
Knicks 10 ast
Wolves 16 ast

Kiyaman

Legend
End of 3rd Quarter .. Knicks 75 - Wolves 93
The Wolves unmasked the Knicks in the 3rd quarter having a 2nd half elimination-strategy.
We really do have a head-coaching problem !!!

mafra

Legend
3rd game in 4 days, on the road, is a schedule loss. IQ-Grimes combine for 1-13 from downtown. Randle-DDV combine for 1-12 from downtown. RJ-Brunson were a respectable 6-10 from downtown.

Only 10 turnovers and 7 off rebounds allowed. 66 total FTs on the game downs sounds like it was a good game to witness. I’m glad i didn’t watch a second. Missed nearly 30 threes, only 16 assists and missed another 7 FTs

mafra

Legend
Quentin Grimes has yet to make a single free throw this entire season (he missed his lone attempt).

Logging 296 minutes over 12 games and failing to get to the line is unacceptable. He needs to be more aggressive.

Kiyaman

Legend
Quentin Grimes has yet to make a single free throw this entire season (he missed his lone attempt).

Logging 296 minutes over 12 games and failing to get to the line is unacceptable. He needs to be more aggressive.

If our Knicks had ball-movement and player-movement in the offense, than I would agree that's unacceptable.
But our Knicks have been a dribble dribble dribble Iso-offense team the past 4 seasons.
We have 4 Knicks players that dribble-dribble the ball every time they touch the ball.
Our Knicks Starter Grimes gets 95% of his shots and scoring from broken plays.