Game thread: New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder 12/31/2021 8:00pm [Game #36]

mafra

Legend
IQ 4-12 with 1 assist
Grimes 1-6 in 15 minutes

Apparently, every problem on NYK cannot be reduced to just Julius, RJ, and Thibbs

Kiyaman

Legend
No D.Rose, Randle, or Kemba .. Means the Knicks have to give 30 min or more to the winning performing players .. Quickley, Burks, Toppin, Taj Gibson (maybe MitchRob too).

How come Thibs NEVER went with the lineup he played the entire 4th qtr. to beat the Pistons.

Throughout the game Knox & Barrett & Fournier STINKED like a Skunk on Defense!

mafra

Legend
Knicks were 8-41 from three, 12-22 from the free-throw line. Meanwhile, the Thunder ? supposedly the worst three-point shooting team in the league ? hit a season-high 18 from beyond the arc.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I would have beaten you to this thread, rady if it wasn't for me doing Photoshop art last minute (btw can I make my image no so tiny?) :p.

Haha, i got tied up with the new year and got a hold of my laptop for a couple of minutes just to start the thread.
If you want to display a graphic larger, then instead of uploading it onto a reply you would upload it on an external image hosting service such as https://imgbb.com/ and use the available BB codes in the embed dropdown to display it full size or as a linked thumbnail

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Haha, i got tied up with the new year and got a hold of my laptop for a couple of minutes just to start the thread.
If you want to display a graphic larger, then instead of uploading it onto a reply you would upload it on an external image hosting service such as https://imgbb.com/ and use the available BB codes in the embed dropdown to display it full size or as a linked thumbnail
Ah I see. I uploaded it on imgur, but just right clicked and copied the image address. Thanks!

tiger0330

Legend
Barrett's a BUM !!!
I have to cut the game off .. Thibs & Barrett showing they are LOSERS !!!
Only guy that scored 20 pts so why are you blaming RJ. Obi disappointing in his 1st start, the rooks 2-12 combined from 3, Fournier 3 pts. The whole team shot 30 pct, RJ at least 50% 10/20. I agree, game was ugly and boring but not RJs fault.

Kiyaman

Legend
Only guy that scored 20 pts so why are you blaming RJ. Obi disappointing in his 1st start, the rooks 2-12 combined from 3, Fournier 3 pts. The whole team shot 30 pct, RJ at least 50% 10/20. I agree, game was ugly and boring but not RJs fault.

Happy New Year Tiger .. Out of all the KO fans I thought u would get it, and would know the Knicks best Same-Page lineup that won the Knicks 2nd Game in the 1-4 postseason.
D.Rose, Quickley, Burks, Obi, and Taj Gibson.
Coach Thibs did not play the above Same-Page bench lineup again in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th postseason game, and went 0-3.

All throughout the Knicks 2021-22 season the majority of Knicks fans in every chat room been preaching the Knicks bench lineup perform better than the Knicks starters.
True or False?
Three days ago, In Wednesday game vs the 5-18 Pistons, coach Thibs favorite players Randle/Barrett performance gave the Pistons a 17 pt lead in the 3rd quarter.
Coach Thibs had to put the bench lineup (Quickley, Burks, Toppin, Taj, and rookie Deuce) into the game 3 min before the end of the 3rd quarter to stop the Pistons (high scorers Bey & Diallo) from increasing the Pistons lead over the Knicks.
Well, in 5 min the Knicks Same-Page Bench lineup went on a 19-5 run to tie the game at 71. Having 10 min remaining in the game with the score tied at 71, the Knicks Same-Page bench lineup went on a 23- 14 run over the Pistons to win the game.

In yesterday game vs OKC Thunder, coach Thibs never put the winning same-Page bench lineup of (Quickley, Burks Toppin, Taj, and rookie Deuce-Deuce) on the court once, after they won the previous previous game.
Which lead to an EMBARRASSED Knicks Loss 95-80.

Every Knicks fan by now should know 2nd season Obi Toppin's speed, and above the rim hops are a lethal scoring weapon in a lineup having Quickley, Burks, and Taj Gibson.
Coach Thibs put Obi Toppin in lineups with poor passing skills Fournier & Barrett, while Barrett & Fournier not clicking with any teammate in their lineup, but Barrett's calling all the shots on offense for 36 minutes, never giving rookie Deuce-Deuce the chance to play PG. So far Barrett's talent/skills as a SG has never meshed with any of our previous PG, and he don't look good in the backcourt with Kemba, D.Rose, Quickley, or Deuce-Deuce.
It may seem like I hate Barrett, but I don't, it's just Barrett, Kemba, and Fournier don't have any TEAM-Ballin skills on offense/defense.

mafra

Legend
Our bench players perform better against the opponent?s reserves?. A different story when thrust into the starter?s role.

But I do agree that Kemba, RJ, Evan, JR together isn?t a good thing.