Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks - 11/24/17

Kiyaman

Legend
Complete lack of interior defense + 20 something turnovers = a putrid loss and wasting a nice game by Courtney Lee.
Tomorrow in Houston will be a 20 pt blowout .....

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
Complete lack of interior defense + 20 something turnovers = a putrid loss and wasting a nice game by Courtney Lee.
NO WAY we can win a game with so many turnovers smh

Now I understand why willy doesn't get much playing time

Kiyaman

Legend
Did i miss Kanter? Hell yeah! Horn's small-ball n small-rotation is for the tanking Birds only.
Horn not giving WHG any playing time in the past 17 games, plus giving Quinn spot minute playing time, found out KP is no help in the front-court. The 3-15 Hawks ran through us in the 2nd half without a problem

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't see it but Quinn playing awful lately subbing for an injured Kanter looks like it was a factor tonight. That HOU squad with CP3 back is going make it tough tomorrow night but I'm not ready to call it a blowout with this group of guys we have.

KNICKS MOB

Benchwarmer
knicks looking GOOD! lee on fire, willy on fire. even with kanter out we're off to a good start.
do NOT let up off the gas pedal. crush the pigeons!

The pigeons feasted on us today :cry:

attachment.php

Attachments

• pigeon.jpg
    pigeon.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 21

mafra

Legend
Knicks playing vs a 3-win team with 1 home win, they shoot 16-21 in the first quarter and take a 39-24 lead.... Again, this is the Hawks....

And you still somehow manage to get blown out.

?The good start we had actually was a curse for ? we relaxed little bit,?? said Kristaps Porzingis, whose 28 points and two blocks went to waste, although spectator Dikembe Mutombo got out of his chair after one rejection.

?We took our foot off the gas pedal and started worrying about the offensive end,?? Courtney Lee said. ?We didn?t realize we were getting defensive stops in the beginning and running and executing. ? It came back to haunt us. It?s a game we felt we should?ve won.??

?The team scores a lot in the first quarter and you just relax,?? Hornacek said. ?You don?t think the next play is important. All of a sudden you give them confidence. They scored 35 in that second quarter and from then on out, they were hard to stop.??

20 turnovers.... allow 92 points last 3 quarters. Only force 9 turnovers. The bench makes 7 shots the entire game.

Knicks are now 1-5 on the road. All losses by double digits and 3 of them by 20+ points.

The team played with no energy or passion. As soon as they took the lead the put it in cruise control.
Bench was awful.

KP had 28 and Lee had 26 and they still lost.

Bring on the tank!

This team won't win 10 games all season on the road.... since we're already 1-5, we can bank on at least 25 more Ls.

At least Ntikilina had 2 sick rejections.

?The second quarter was a killer,? Hornacek said. ?You come out and see it all the time in the NBA. The other team scores a lot of points in the first quarter and relaxes a little bit. You don?t think the next play is important. All of a sudden you?ve given the home team confidence.?

NYK score 39 in the first quarter but only 37 the entire second half.

And, again, the bench made 7 shots. McDermott and Ntikkina both hit a 3 and both hit a 2-point bucket and WHG made 3 shots. Seven shots!!!

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Jeff Hornacek is a tier-3 level coach !!!

Didn't see it but Quinn playing awful lately subbing for an injured Kanter looks like it was a factor tonight. That HOU squad with CP3 back is going make it tough tomorrow night but I'm not ready to call it a blowout with this group of guys we have.

Wsup Tiger .... After this sorry-sorry coaching loss to the 3-15 Hawks ..
We will get blown out by 30 pts in Houston tonight having Jeff Hornacek poor imitation of the SSOL small-ball small-rotation of players .. we are going up against the NBA King of the uptempo SSOL coach Dantoni, who has two 6.10 monsters in his front-court starter lineup (Capela n Anderson) the tandem bigs are good for 25 pts n 18 rbs, plus they have a 2-way SF Ariza adding 12 pts, 4 rbs, 4 ast, 2 stls to add to the Rox front-court bigs. Not mention the Rox "Super-Star CP3 and Super-Star Harden" their strong leadership could get their teammates to blow the Hornacek Knicks out by 50 pts on any given night.

If we had loss to the 3-15 Hawks because coach Horn gave 5 bench players 24 minutes of playing-time in the game (plus adding Noah in rotation), because we have a 4 hour flight to Houston at the end of the Hawks game to play the Rox the next day i would have understood the loss and the reason for bench preparation to play against one of the NBA Top-3 contender teams. The Knicks Bench players needed the playing-time in the Hawks game to tighten up their confidence in team-defense.
Especially after Wednesday night outstanding defensive performance from our starters, i would have rested our starters after their 39-24 first quarter take-over of the Hawks.
The Knicks 4 starters refuse to play a lick of defense for 35 minute on the court vs Hawks .. all 4 starters played for offensive stats .. none of the 4 starters put any EFFORT on the defensive end of the court .. but they had good offensive stats in this pitiful Knicks loss !!!

knicksin60

Starter
Things won?t happen overnight. We?re a good home team and a bad road team. It?s better than I expected. People worry too much about the 2018 draft.

The last guy we drafted who made an all-star team was David Lee (who we drafted 12 years ago) and that was as an injury replacement. Hopefully, KP can keep himself together enough to do it this year. Highly doubt our salvation is in the 2018 draft.

The reason why the Knicks have had only one all-star in the past 12 years is because in 11 of those 12 years they have not been able to draft a top 5 pick. This team would not have been a one playoff series win in the past 17 years team had they managed to hold on to their picks and learned how to consistently tank.

I really have a difficult time trying to understand what Knicks fans in general want. Do they want to see the Knicks be a first round exit for the next few years? Or do they want them to have an opportunity to be an elite team 4 or 5 years from now? I am not saying that the lottery will guarantee that the Knicks will be winning the finals in the near future but I'd be more hopeful about landing a top 5 pick for these next few years than I would watching a 35 win team whom no superstar would desire to sign with.

I am not convinced that the 2016-17 are even a 8th seeded team come April. Neither am I convinced that if these same group of players are brought back next year they will win 10-15 more games in the 2018-19 season than they will throughout this season, unless Frank all of a sudden begins to play like an all-star next year.

The reason why the Knicks have had only one all-star in the past 12 years is because in 11 of those 12 years they have not been able to draft a top 5 pick. This team would not have been a one playoff series win in the past 17 years team had they managed to hold on to their picks and learned how to consistently tank.

I really have a difficult time trying to understand what Knicks fans in general want. Do they want to see the Knicks be a first round exit for the next few years? Or do they want them to have an opportunity to be an elite team 4 or 5 years from now? I am not saying that the lottery will guarantee that the Knicks will be winning the finals in the near future but I'd be more hopeful about landing a top 5 pick for these next few years than I would watching a 35 win team who no superstar would desire to sign with.

I am not convinced that the 2016-17 are even a 8th seeded team come April. Neither am I convinced that if these same group of players are brought back next year they will win 10-15 more games in the 2018-19 season than they will throughout this season, unless Frank all of a sudden begins to play like an all-star next year.

We?re not getting a top 5 pick the next few years. That is my problem with the pro-tanking enthusiasm. We?re not going to be an elite team 4 to 5 years from now either.

This team is not going to tank to the extent people are hoping and it?s front office is not going to masterfully assemble a roster to compete with GSW and Boston a few years from now.

Get rid of Mills and Perry. Hire Sam Hinkie and gut all assets, including KP, is the only way to do what you?re saying. What you?re saying may work for other teams, but the Knicks aren?t/can?t do it.

Literally our only hope is that our current roster way over achieves and we can build something that way.