Game Thread - New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics - February 25, 2015

Just reported that maybe Bargs has been so fired up tonight because a fan behind the Knicks bench has been non-stop heckling him all night. Honest question, you think it's a Celtics or Knicks fan?

Not getting huge minutes, but when he has been out there, Early looks to be much more into the flow of the game than he has been in the recent past.

Somehow from the mid point of the 3rd quarter to its end we go from being up by 6 to being down by 8. Maybe we are tanking when it matters late in games or maybe our 2nd unit is genuinely this much worse than every other 2nd unit in the league.

All of a sudden we are losing by 14 early in the 4th. We looked like we could win this game up until the mid 3rd quarter. Bargs has been playing hard tonight and getting to the line, but he is still awful and 2 for 9 from the field.

Celtics on an 18 - 0 run. I think this may be a common sight between now and the end of the season in games that are close until the 2nd half. Good thing the league doesn't investigate teams for tanking.

Also, Isiah Thomas got his name because his dad was a Lakers fan and lost a bet? That is a messed up way to name your kid.

Broadway

All Star
Weren't they leading a couple of minutes ago and now its a romp what happened. That's got to be demoralizing.

Looked at the Philly score by getting tipped off and got out of the Tank and into the Sub. Mission accomplished, this team is pure trash

tiger0330

Legend
Celtics on an 18 - 0 run. I think this may be a common sight between now and the end of the season in games that are close until the 2nd half. Good thing the league doesn't investigate teams for tanking.

Also, Isiah Thomas got his name because his dad was a Lakers fan and lost a bet? That is a messed up way to name your kid.
Its sad but they are trying to win, just don't have any talent.

Broadway

All Star
Just thought I'd comment on the fact Bill A.K.A. Henry Walker is playing for the Heat now. He may have factored into their comeback sending game into overtime against the Magic.

tiger0330

Legend
Collapses like this make you wonder if they win another game this season. Calderon is trash they HAVE to get rid of him this off season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Collapses like this make you wonder if they win another game this season. Calderon is trash they HAVE to get rid of him this off season.

Jose is a bench player u dont give 4th qtr. playing-time too .. unless the coach is calling every other play from the bench

tiger0330

Legend
Just thought I'd comment on the fact Bill A.K.A. Henry Walker is playing for the Heat now. He may have factored into their comeback sending game into overtime against the Magic.
Didn't realize you were talking about the Knicks Billy Walker, same guy I see that played here. 3-13 2-11 from 3pt. Hes not going to get another 10 day with those numbers even if he hit the game winner yesterday.

Broadway

All Star
Didn't realize you were talking about the Knicks Billy Walker, same guy I see that played here. 3-13 2-11 from 3pt. Hes not going to get another 10 day with those numbers even if he hit the game winner yesterday.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. I just got through watching the highlights(like 5min ago) believe it or not and he was HUGE for them during winning time. Dragic and Chalmers didn't put up good numbers either but keep in mind with Bosh out Walker becomes more of a factor since every win matters for them. Major playoff implications because 7-11 is bunched up.

He looks like a more fluid player and made his way back to the league by coming up through their D-League affiliate team. I saw him play a few games against us trying to peak in on Thanasis. He didn't look bad, so not surprised by his call up. They have another kid who I was more impressed with in Hopson who recently dropped 52 down there.

I don't think Walker secures anything for them or has any upside but he can be a stopgap until the Heat execute their next set of plans. He also contributed other ways in yesterday's victory.

jimkcchief88

All Star
How do you give up 115 points to the depleted Smelldicks? Lack of talent is no excuse for lack of effort on the defensive side of the floor. Lack of effort has to laid at the feet of rookie coach Fish. That's the first offseason change that needs to be made. Cut your losses and get us a real coach Phil. Anybody got Mark Jacksons' digits?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Just reported that maybe Bargs has been so fired up tonight because a fan behind the Knicks bench has been non-stop heckling him all night. Honest question, you think it's a Celtics or Knicks fan?

Either way that fan should be awarded those tix for the rest of the home games lol