Venue
TV
TIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
MSG
7:30 PM EST

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for the Game Thread Rady .. Back to Back Cavs game.
Another Knicks win if Donovan Mitchell don't have 6 or more assists
End of First Quarter .. Knicks 22 - Cavs 24

A Deuce McBride sighting in Thibs (foolish) 9 man rotation in the 5th game of the season

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 50 - Cavs 49

MitchRob grabbed 7 offensive rebounds, we shot 40% (19-47), 21% from 3's 3-14
Brunson 19 min, 14 pts, 3 ast
Donte 14 min, 12 pts,

Donovan Mitchell 18 min, 23 pts, 2 ast. The only Cavs having double-digit scoring.

mafra

Legend
NYK 12-17 from FT mine. CLE 13-14. 79-74 Cavs with 4:30 to go. Knicks are 4-27 from downtown. Randle has been atrocious… 2nd game of a back2back… not sure why Thibbs couldn’t turn to Evan for a few minutes…. He still is their best 3-point shooter. I mean, Randle has done nothing all second half anyway.

mafra

Legend
Knicks cut it to 89-76, Di-vo with block but Randle bricks a 3…. Mitchell misses his 10th straight shot. Brunson foiled but passed ball. Robinson fouled and missed a FT. Donovan drains a 3… Di-vo misses a 3…. Mitchell gets offensive rebound off his miss and layup. Lead to 7….

Last 4 possessions, 3 missed 3s and 1/2 from FT line. 4-29 from downtown. Just a brutal loss… 2-3 and soon to be 2-4.

mafra

Legend
IQ misses a layup… Mitch 1/2 again from FT. IQ blows a breakaway layup. Lavert for 3. Game set match.

14-23 from FT and 4-29 from downtown. Yikes.

mafra

Legend
Pretty odd that Randle took 15 shots, playing on his home court, and yet doesn’t attempt a single FT. I wonder how many top 10 MVP candidates from the last 5 years can claim that?

Kiyaman

Legend
WE Knicks are doing double bad in MSG .. 0-2
We loss to a Cavs team at our home without the Cavs 2 star players (Jarrett & Garland) on the court.
Not looking good.
We need a LEADER on the court, a team-leader !!!
Our PG Brunson played 39 minutes had 4 assist, 24 pts on 8-23 FG shooting.
No Barrett, I thought Randle would be our big shooter tonight taking 25 shots, but after 15 shots and 6 points he gave up.
After our Bum 13 pt 3rd quarter .. I thought Thibs would switch it up, and have Jericho Sims & Hartenstein & Deuce Mcbride start the 4th quarter having Quickley & Hart lead a 6 to 7 minute transition charge ..
It was the end of a back to back game.
Our weak-weak 9 man rotation does not work on back to back games !!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Pretty odd that Randle took 15 shots, playing on his home court, and yet doesn’t attempt a single FT. I wonder how many top 10 MVP candidates from the last 5 years can claim that?

Not just Randle ....
The Knicks players performed in MSG like the Knicks super-star trade rumors are in effect this week and half the team will be traded.

Kiyaman

Legend
Randles no effort plays, and poor performance tonight in MSG is all on vid circle around Twitter .. Randle will be catching hell from Knicks fans

Kiyaman

Legend
A Knicks fan wrote ....
I guess I have to say it; Tom Thibodeau standing courtside while watching Julius Randle nuke his teams chances of winning and doing absolutely nothing is some 2021-2022 bullshit that I thought was left in the past.
And ....

Julius Randle’s First 5 Games of the Season:
5/14 FG
4/15 FG
4/10 FG
5/22 FG
3/15 FG
Shooting 21/76 FG (27.6%)