Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Golden State Warriors 3:30 pm 3/5/2017 [Game#63]

Broadway

All Star
I'm starting to wonder if the Knicks don't get their front office together, will K.P sign with the knicks long term or will he go to another franchise.

The competitive fire is there, and he loves this city. I think he stays off the rookie scale contract but maybe not forever if this futility continues

Broadway

All Star
No Chason sighting but Baker played hard and well today. Maybe a couple more losses and the kid will get his chance.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Tank fans should be happy; boys played hard and I like Baker in the lineup; just came up a bit short today...DRose 28 points on %50 shooting

mafra

Legend
Knicks have to trade Melo and move on. Time to rid the team of his stink. 15 points? Melo is just a decent, inconsistent scorer at this point (who is preventing the team of becoming something more beyond simply catering to the selfish, aging star). Any asset helps on top of the addition by subtraction.

I see LEE got absolutely torched again.... doesn't score nor stop his guy. Thomas doesn't even score?

2 more guys we need to trade....

Kiyaman

Legend
Well the Durantless Warriors loss to Wiz n Bulls .. refuse to lose to the Knicks SMH

Tank fans should be happy; boys played hard and I like Baker in the lineup; just came up a bit short today...DRose 28 points on %50 shooting

D.Rose n KP had the right idea lob-passes to run the ball .. slow Melo stopped that ..
Curry N Klay shot terrible in the first half but in the 2nd half the 2 guards out-played us, out-passed us, out-shot us, and out-scored us for the win .. Baker receiving crunch time minutes gave Curry/Klay a 10 point lead immediately.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yep needed more out of Melo for sure he had a decent stretch in the 3rd but the second unit outplayed the 1st outside of Rose/KP6

With 19 games to go, we still have the 6th most losses in the NBA and 7th worst record in the NBA.

Should be a given that Brooklyn followed by Lakers and Suns will be the bottom 3 records. If we more or less lose out, we could easily end up with the 4th or 5th worst record. If we actually string together some wins, still very possible that we could end up outside the top 10 since there are a ton of teams with current loss totals in the mid to high 30s.

We badly need a franchise guard. The 2017 draft seems like the perfect place to find him so long as we keep playing like garbage and piling up the losses.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks have to trade Melo and move on. Time to rid the team of his stink. 15 points? Melo is just a decent, inconsistent scorer at this point (who is preventing the team of becoming something more beyond simply catering to the selfish, aging star). Any asset helps on top of the addition by subtraction.

I see LEE got absolutely torched again.... doesn't score nor stop his guy. Thomas doesn't even score?

2 more guys we need to trade....
Don't forget about Noah. Dude has been a dud and looking like an impossible contract to trade. I saw enough of his game to know he's not going to magically become a factor in the future. If they can't find a trade for him this off season, stretch him and move on.

mafra

Legend
Don't forget about Noah. Dude has been a dud and looking like an impossible contract to trade. I saw enough of his game to know he's not going to magically become a factor in the future. If they can't find a trade for him this off season, stretch him and move on.

If only they knew about WHG.... Noah is untradeable, and if we use the stretch on him NYK will be paying 9 mil a year for 7 years.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Well the Durantless Warriors loss to Wiz n Bulls .. refuse to lose to the Knicks SMH

D.Rose n KP had the right idea lob-passes to run the ball .. slow Melo stopped that ..
Curry N Klay shot terrible in the first half but in the 2nd half the 2 guards out-played us, out-passed us, out-shot us, and out-scored us for the win .. Baker receiving crunch time minutes gave Curry/Klay a 10 point lead immediately.

Don't forget about the 5 points CLEE/LT managed together. Baker had 9 points on his own so he pulled his weight. I liked the lineup with Baker playing point and sliding DRose to 2 because Baker actually contests the ball on the perimeter. 1st team defense allowed a layup line; too many easy layups off back cuts and uncontested 3's which got Curry/Thompson going. That's really what cost us that game: poor defensive pressure:( and lack of scoring from CLEE/LT who both played major minutes. I keep saying CLEE should be coming off the bench as his production is too inconsistent to be a starting 2 guard in today's guard-centric NBA. But the tank marches on...,,

Wow, Draymond Green is pretty easy to get upset. Read his post-game comments about the lack of music in the first half. Wow, guy needs to relax a little.

Broadway

All Star
Wow, Draymond Green is pretty easy to get upset. Read his post-game comments about the lack of music in the first half. Wow, guy needs to relax a little.

He's such a drama queen, his comments were way over the top. Courntey wasn't as bad but still too emotional himself. What's wrong with these dudes, talk about pampered divas