Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers 7:30 11/5/2017 [Game #9]

mafra

Legend
KP leaves Collison open and he drains the 3. But KP responds with a bucket

Career high 40 points.

Ntikkina swishes a 3 (assist from KP)
102-99 Ny.

Ntikilina with 10 points, 7 assists, a couple steals and a couple rebounds and played the entire 4th quarter.

Broadway

All Star
When we win, this is what we want to see. Knits showed some jewels tonight...grew up a little. Showed some emotion didn't shy away from the moments. #kporzee still hot and playing like an All-Star/MVP

and1

Rotation player
wow, what a tremendous win. coach made the right call keeping that lineup on the floor. they had the juice flowin'!
french prince did some big time growing up in the nba tonight!

mafra

Legend
Doesn't look like we're getting a top 5 pick. Barring a lottery miracle.... this team won't be a 20 win team. Not with KP playing at this level.

And if Frank contributes like he did tonight.... oh boy...

mafra

Legend
wow, what a tremendous win. coach made the right call keeping that lineup on the floor. they had the juice flowin'!

I think Horn is proving he can coach. Remove Melo and the triangle and he has the kids playing well and has this team buying into the team concept.

His rotation in the 4th was instrumental in the win. Most importantly, KP and knits are thriving.

This is fun!

7/9 games KP has been a stud.

tiger0330

Legend
Doesn't look like we're getting a top 5 pick. Barring a lottery miracle.... this team won't be a 20 win team. Not with KP playing at this level.

And if Frank contributes like he did tonight.... oh boy...
Boy looks like I missed a good one. Going to catch it later but I wanted Frank in with the starters, feeding KP and not Beasley. I'm not checking the box score until I see the game.

Broadway

All Star
Hey they interviewed Knits on NBATV and he seemed so nonchalant about the win...lol Dude is probably in a constant dream and never wakes up

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Boy looks like I missed a good one. Going to catch it later but I wanted Frank in with the starters, feeding KP and not Beasley. I'm not checking the box score until I see the game.

youngan found the Youngan a few times tonight. They looked good together especially during crunch time. #kporzee 60FGA for the month and only 8 of them have been 3ptrs. He's averaging 32ppg

Kiyaman

Legend

Great Game .. Outstanding Knicks WIN!!!
KP performance were all-star status for the win in the 4th qtr.
Frank Nitty's 24 minute performance was outstanding especially playing the entire 4th qtr.
Great turn around WIN in the final quarter!!!

and1

Rotation player
this line cracks me up.

attachment.php

look at those numbers, and he still ends up with the +23 lmao i love it.

Attachments

• theLine.jpg
    theLine.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 16

mafra

Legend
18 Rebounds for Kanter.

And, yes, having KP score all these points without relying on the 3 is awesome. He's still knocking down a few a game but not hoisting up too many.

It's only 1/8 of the season.... but we only wanted to see kp show growth. Having him play like an MVP wasn't what i expected.

Sure, this hurts us come Lottery but will help come Free agency.

As for the future:

KP (22)
Kanter (25)
Ntikkina (19)
Tim Hardaway JR (25)
Willy Hernangomez (23)
Dotson (23)
Kyle O-Quinn (27)
McDermott (25)
Beasley (27)
Lance Thomas (29)

We get a first this year and we get CHI's 2nd rounder (probably 31st pick).

We held Indy to 39 Second half points and our 2 kids shined when Needed most.... they closed!!!

tiger0330

Legend
They have been fun to watch. This game being the best of all our wins from what I read here. Breakout game for the French Prince, played with the starters in the 4th, Jack and Sessions on the bench? Can't wait to see it, glad Horn decided to test Frank and seems he passed with flying colors.

Screw the lottery, its a crap shoot anyway, Fultz, Okafor, Isaac and even Lonzo who knows.

One thing I know KAT is not that much better than our own Porzingis. I'd even say defensively KP is better than KAT

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
That might have been the most exciting game for me in years. GREAT defense. GREAT comeback. The TEAM stepped up. Porzingis was amazing. Ntilikina's defense has me excited, and he knocked down two huge threes. Lance played great defense, playing only the second half, Kanter had a big rebounding night, Jarrett Jack played well, which made it even more impressive that Ntilikina earned himself to play the entire 4th quarter, THJr played better as the game went on and finished off strong near the end. Wow! I'm still excited!!!

mafra

Legend
Yeah!!! Fun to watch indeed. Jack was very good in first half.... but I'm glad Horn stuck with the French Prince. He and KP fantastic down the stretch.

Screw the lottery if these 2 kids are legit. Would rather see them playing in May.

THJr, KP, Ntikilina.... maybe our draft luck is turning in our favor (with even a WHG in the second).

Plus.... with probably 2 picks in top 35.... we still might have a shot (and we have an asset to trade in WHG or KOQ).

Kristaps Porzingis posted 40 points, eight rebounds and six assists in a furious comeback win on Sunday, making 15-of-24 FGs and 8-of-9 FTs in 38 minutes of action.

The Unicorn was flying high tonight, and his sore left ankle certainly didn't limit him as he single-handedly rallied the Knicks in a thrilling fourth quarter they won 36-17. Porzingis was serenaded with "M-V-P" chants down the stretch, and his fantasy owners are sharing the love -- through nine games he's posting first-round value anchored by 30.2 points, 1.7 threes, 7.8 boards, 2.2 blocks and strong percentages.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
They have been fun to watch. This game being the best of all our wins from what I read here. Breakout game for the French Prince, played with the starters in the 4th, Jack and Sessions on the bench? Can't wait to see it, glad Horn decided to test Frank and seems he passed with flying colors.

Screw the lottery, its a crap shoot anyway, Fultz, Okafor, Isaac and even Lonzo who knows.

One thing I know KAT is not that much better than our own Porzingis. I'd even say defensively KP is better than KAT
Yeah, man. Forget the lottery. At this rate LeBron is gonna be considering the Knicks next summer. I'm so glad this organization has seemed to turn the corner. They didn't make a trade for Bledsoe, they're letting the COACH coach, and they have excellent veterans and youth with a lot of potential.

mafra

Legend
NYK defending homecourt. Beating DEN and Indy at home where 2 50/50 games (at best).... probably we thought they were Ls. Then we win in CLE.

Getting waxed in BOs was tough to swallow but they're a better team. Blowing 21 point lead at home to dET the low point.... getting waxed by hOu (3rd game in 4 days) to be expected.

So... thus far.... team looking like they'll compete for a playoff spot.

1) Can KP sustain this? Be consistent?

2) Will we get help come trade deadline?

3) Can Ntikilina be "special" enough to start and play like he did in the 4th tonight?

4) Will Beasley and McDermott give us scoring off the bench?

5) Will lady fortune favor this fan base for once?