Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Miami Heat 5/10/2023 7:30 pm [Game #5]

mafra

Legend
QG hasn’t come out entire game. Gets huge steal, Stripling Butler. RJ sank 2 huge FTs. Invaluable experience playing in a series like this. RJ is only 22 and has shut up the Dark Raiders of the world. Eat crow!

Kiyaman

Legend
The crazy last seconds of a Knicks game for the win.
Bam has been dunking on Randle down low throughout the series .. No effort

mafra

Legend
Knicks lights out from FT in 4th. RJ 7-8 in game. That’s the difference between a win or a loss

Kiyaman

Legend
QG hasn’t come out entire game. Gets huge steal, Stripling Butler. RJ sank 2 huge FTs. Invaluable experience playing in a series like this. RJ is only 22 and has shut up the Dark Raiders of the world. Eat crow!

Grimes was Butlers shadow tonight.
Barrett stepped up his scoring game tonight
Barrett also supposed to be defending Butler throughout the series.

Kiyaman

Legend
We can not play Brunson & Grimes the entire 48 minutes on Friday Night Knicks. Why?
The Heats offense been running the ball all series knowing Thibs starters will be on the court for 40 minutes each game.
Tonight, we did not run the ball, we walked the ball on every Knicks offensive-possession, which was what the Miami Heat wanted us to do so all the Heats players would be back on defense on every Knicks offensive possession.
However, the (official) gave Knicks 29-40 FT shots .. compared to the Heats 16-19 FT.
That wont happen again ....
It's a shame our Knicks head coach didn't have any confidence in Deuce McBride or D.Rose throughout the 82 game regular season rotation to have depth at the PG position.
The Heats 37 yr old PG Lowry performance was a Knicks pest in the 4th quarter which almost turned the game into the Heats favor.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Dumb Raider:)! That troll hasn’t showed his face all playoffs:). Thibbs notoriously overplays his guys. Many here in Chicago believe Thibbs ruined D Rose. I don’t mind the minutes because that was an elimination game last night. JB doubled Jimmy Buckets production and Grimes played well after a rough start and Josh Harts’ foul trouble. Plus IQ is out so our main backcourt guys had to step up and we did. Orange and Blue pride was on full display last night! Now we gotta steal one in Miami!

metrocard

Legend
if we win game 6, game 7 win or lose I'm getting a Brunson jersey.

Hes not only giving us a fearless identity with his playstyle. Hes playing like a top PG and hes very underpaid. we landed a goldmine in Brunson.

Grimes is our boy. RJ out there too.

metrocard

Legend
Dumb Raider:)! That troll hasn’t showed his face all playoffs:). Thibbs notoriously overplays his guys. Many here in Chicago believe Thibbs ruined D Rose. I don’t mind the minutes because that was an elimination game last night. JB doubled Jimmy Buckets production and Grimes played well after a rough start and Josh Harts’ foul trouble. Plus IQ is out so our main backcourt guys had to step up and we did. Orange and Blue pride was on full display last night! Now we gotta steal one in Miami!

I put that dude on ignore months ago and I dont regret it.

metrocard

Legend
crazy RJ getting more playoff exp than his draft classmates.

Kiyaman

Legend
No mention of Toppin's 9 minutes of energy performance in the 2nd quarter (36-23) that help turn the game in the Knicks favor, especially after the terrible 14-24 First Quarter.
No mention of Grimes catching a cramp in his leg, and Thibs leaving Grimes in the game to run and defend Butler.

Brunson & Grimes vs D.Rose & Quickley backcourt tandem I wanted to see in our game rotation when we signed Brunson. I was deprived of watching the 4 guard dynamics in the Knicks rotation because coach Thibs are playing Brunson, Randle, and Barrett 40 minutes a game, and practically all the NBA head coaches this season ran a short 9 or 8 or 7 player rotation a game throughout the 82 game regular season. And no NBA team showed or gained any depth in their rotation throughout the season having short 7 to 9 man rotation each game. Especially back to back games.
Now its the 2nd round Playoff .. And it looks like the Lakers are going to the WCF. That's right I said Lakers!
And it also look like the Miami Heats or Knicks are going to the ECF. Yes, I said Heats or Knicks!
The pace of the NBA has slowed down to 3 ball shooting deciding games.
At one time it was just one NBA team (Warriors) we had to worry about winning the game from their 3 ball shooting.
Today, every NBA team try to win every game by 3 ball shooting lol
And half the teams in the NBA are terrible at it .. Like us