TIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
MSG
12:00 PM EST

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Merry Christmas everyone!
Knicks leading 24-20c Barrett and Brunson the only scorers. Barrett trying to prove something, already has 14 pts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJ has nothing to prove. The dye is already cast on him.
Have you noticed his defense on Middleton? He is walking right pass RJ.

mafra

Legend
RJ with 18. He’s only 24 and playing out of position. RJ is a SG, not a SF. He’s flawed but until he’s dealt he’s a NYK.

Brunson with 20. 62-51 Knicks at the half. Pretty much nearly a perfect half of basketball. A shame Brunson missed a technical FT and layup at end of 2nd….

Can they finish it?

Would be a big win.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Well, he was never a great defender so I have no high expectations on his defense. At least he’s making his jump shots today. 8-13 and 18 pts in the first two quarters. Keep that going until the final buzzer.
Brunson has 20, Randle 12 and knicks lead 62-51 at halftime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mafra

Legend
DDV is 1-5 from downtown. And the looks are wiiiide open. Bad turnover. 1 rebound. Fouled Dame foolishly on a 3. He’s been awful today.

mafra

Legend
Knicks role players 2-10 from downtown. NYK big-3 of Randle, RJ, Brunson might not be elite, but against the best teams… they get no help. IQ, Grimes, Hart, DDV are useless. They provide no offense and their men toast NYK. Connington and White (BOS) come to mind, notching NYK.

Stars are needed to win games, but those stars also have role players that help winning.

Who stepped up to help beat Miami? Who has played well in these 7 meetings between MIL & BOS?

As I post this, IQ just hands ball to MiL player accidentally out of a TO. Just an unacceptable turnover.

“Never a great defender”… that is an understatement. He has gotten any better since day one. I keep asking the question how is he even playing?

mafra

Legend
98-87 after 3…. Kicks had a fast break but Randle attempted some insane behind back pass attempt that went nowhere, somehow Ball ends up in IQ hands… wide open 3…. Clank… in and out. Those are shots role players need to make to beat MIL.

mafra

Legend
111-96 Knicks. IQ, Grimes and Hart heard me. Big run. In 1 sequence, Giannis gets away with shoving Heartentsin to floor, preventing offensive rebound. Then is feed ball at FT line, turns to basket, takes 2 steps in for layup (only problem is he never dribbled the ball). Since they called traveling on NYK earlier, that’s a call that has to be made.

mafra

Legend
As good as RJ was in first half he was trash in second half. But bench lit up end of 3Q and 4th.

Randle and Brunson equal Dame and Gianni’s when we may them, so it’s up to the rest. Knicks hit their FTs, had great energy and MIl shot 13-42 from downtown. Knicks were only 8-26, but key was the MIL tole
Players didn’t light it up.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks are 8-4 at MSG this season.

It's the first time in a decade (and just the second time this century!!) they've been more than three games above .500 at home on Christmas.

Kiyaman

Legend
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all KO members !!!
The Knicks making history on Christmas Day by winning in MSG vs the NBA 3rd top winning team the (22-8) Milwaukie Bucks.
The Knicks held the lead from tip-off to the end of the game for a 129-122 Knicks WIN.
Having four Knicks players score 20 or more points, and six Knicks players score in double-digits on Christmas day.
Plus our new starter center Hartenstein performed like he was 10 feet tall, and the most aggressive winning player on the court on Christmas day.
Brunson's 38 pts
Randle's 24 pts
Barrett's 21 pts
Quickley's 20 pts in 20 minutes (Keeper)
Hartenstein's 11 pts
Hart's 10 pts